FIFA 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tuggernaut

Super Freak
Reaction score
With the release of FIFA 09 due soon, I for one can't wait for this game
I thought FIFA 08 and EURO 2008 were fantastic with excellent graphics
and other great features. :rock
I know Soccer(or Football) isnt the most popular sport in the US but
still. Is anyone here planning on getting this?
What are your thoughts on these games?

Here's the trailer
https://www.fifa09.ea.com/us/videos/mid/4958/mediaid/181529

i`ve downloaded the demo for ps3 and i think that the graphs are really cool , i didn`t get excited with the gameplay so i will go once again with the new pro evolution 2009.little more pysical moves and the a little bit faster. plus there is rumour that it will have the greek championship at master league...will see in the next month.

Im a Fifa freak,since 08 came out,i always loved playing fifa against friends,but since the 08 game ive played career for MANY hours in total,that game is PERFECTION.
Ive played 09`demo and like any other Fifa game,never a good first impression but you learn to love it,the speed on 09 seems a little bit too fast,doesnt look realistic and why did they choose that sprinting technique?Looks weird,no one runs sticking their chest out like that:lol

but im looking forward to it,i know ill love it,i rarely play online though,just a few times with a buddy of mine in Amsterdam,but not much more than that.

I love Fifa 08, especially online and I must say that I have never been bored of it one bit.
Ive downloaded the 09 demo and wow !!!!!!. Much smother gameplay, the graphics are miles better (and Fifa 08 was impressive), and its got the referee on the pitch.
lets hope they have sorted the online problems- such as people quitting before the 15 minute mark and not getting penalised.

I sure hope they fixed the small bugs that was on 08,such as different hair on the player when you play,but on the celebrations after a goal they are slightly different.
You notice that on Diego(Werder Bremen) and Frank Lampard specially.Not sure about you guys,but have you experienced in Manager mode that sometimes you hear the crowd,but there is not a single person there?ITs a bug that occurs sometimes here.

.Not sure about you guys,but have you experienced in Manager mode that sometimes you hear the crowd,but there is not a single person there?ITs a bug that occurs sometimes here.

I don't think that's ever happened to me.
But there are other samll problems that should be fixed.
And has anyone ever noticed that alot of players look fat?

I don't think that's ever happened to me.
But there are other samll problems that should be fixed.
And has anyone ever noticed that alot of players look fat?

i think i know what you mean,kinda annoying,but thats how they made the game,Kaladze on Ac Milan for example looks like a giant,in real life he is tall and thin.

its still a good game,i really enjoyed 08 even if it had bugs,its not something that will affect my decision on buying it.

yeah it was fun on 08,but i prefer normal matches over a be a pro match online.

Just got FIFA09 today.
I've only played a few games... but it is awesome!
More details, accurate players + teams, awesome features and awesome graphics!
Get it now!

I liked 08 more,this one somehow dissapointed me,the worst part is that they slowed down the Rush you do when you use the right analog stick and do that quick 1 touch run past other players,almost impossible to run past players now,i mean,Kaka`can no longer run past a slow defender with 60 overall points,thats a fact.

Other than that its ok,but 08 is better.

Im currently playing Manager mode on Professional,i have to,if i play on World Class like im used to its absolutely impossible to run past the defence,this is one thing ea ^^^^ed up this year,the rest is pretty good.

Back