Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Default Sideshow Firefly Figures Please!

Firefly Fanatic and I began discussing this in another board, but it was best to give this topic a thread. I don't think I am the only one that feels that Sideshow could further empty our pocketbooks by exploring the rest of the Whedonverse. I think Firefly figures would do incredibly well for them. While the timing may not be perfect with nothing available to coincide with the movie, I think that all of the Firefly Fans would follow this line.
    My suggestions for figures would be the following:

Captain Malcolm Reynolds (with browncoat of course)
    Exclusive "Pre-Cynical" War Era Mal with cross.
    Zoe Warren
    Exclusive War Era Zoe, in her warrior-woman gear.
    Jayne Cobb (with the hat from his ma)
    Exlcusive "Fancy Jayne" for the excursion to the heart of gold
    Kaylee Frye (in her mechanic's gear)
    Exclusive Kaylee in her dress from Shindig
    Hoban "Wash" Washburn (Would come with dinosaurs)
    Exclusive Wash with mustache
    Simon Tam (Regular version-Take your pick)
    Exclusive Hospital Scrubs Simon
    River Tam (Again, Take your pick)
    Exclusive Space Suit River
    Inara Merra - I guess just two different outfits, I can't think of anything episode specific for Inara
    Shepard Book-Regular Version in ponytail
    Exclusive Book with hair out!
    And for the guest stars (Because hey, the buffy line has a der kinderstod figure, so why not!)
    Jubal Early-because you have to have a villian, especially one as bizarre and truly frightening as Jubal (Bob. A Fett anyone?)
    Saffron-She could come with the Lassiter
    Tracey-Could come with his own coffin (and would be perfect for BTVS and Angel line as well!)
    Last but not least, the statue of Jayne from Jaynestown would be a great polystone piece, ala the POTA lawgiver statue)
    Any other ideas? Would this fly, or is this all just wishful thinking?

Until then, I still have to deal with the constant barrage from LOTR items on my wallet. Sheesh...

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    sign me up for everything on your list! i didn't watch the show when it was on tv, but got the dvd set and fell in love with the show -- can't believe it was canceled -- can't wait for the movie tho'!

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    For those of you not familiar with Firefly there is a movie opening September 30th called Serenity which is the big screen movie for this series. People who haven't seen the show will still be able to enjoy the movie without needing to know the background.

Love your list!!! I'd love to see an Inarra figure with both hair up and down - she's beautiful either way so I'm sure it would be a big seller.

I'd even like a Jayne with a slash across his chest where River attacked him!

Ooh, how about as an exclusive item for River that little box thing that Simon had her in?!!

And to go with Kaylee and her Shindig dress I'd love to see Mal in his gussied up clothing too with a saber to go with him and his tightpants!

And would also love to see some replica of Serenity herself! To scale for the crew to fit in would be wonderful but huge and too expensive for anyone to buy so a little one would still be great to have.

Administrator
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Panjo
    Things I'm Selling
    Follow Darklord Dave On Twitter Add Darklord Dave on Facebook Visit Darklord Dave's Youtube Channel
    I don't know that a line that deep would be supported, but I'd buy everything. The only two characters I'd really be interested beyond the initial 9 is Saffron and the bounty hunter from the last episode - he was really cool.

And the Mudder "Jane" statue is a brilliant idea as an environment.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    If the Mal from Shindig were to be made, then perhaps it could be a two-pack, with Larry Drake! Get ready all of you L.A. Law fans! I wouldn't be sad if they made Andrew Bryniarski, just to let him get kicked into the engine of Serenity, or the creepy guys with blue gloves. "Two by Two, with hands of blue."

Freaked Out!
    Feedback

"I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will END you."

-Need I say more?

I'd love to see some Firefly figures, epsecially Mal, Jayne and Kaylee.

YES!!! 1:6 Firefly figures!! Bring 'em!!!

If someone tries to kill you, you just try and kill 'em right back! ...
    Hidden Content
    Bugler, sound the advance

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I felt ashamed with myself when I hadnt picked up Firefly set, so I watched the movie and i was blown away. joss is my master! everything joss does is brilliant.

BRING ON SIESHOW FIREFLY FIGS!!

I posted this on the FireflyFan board forever ago but I can't remember if I did here so here it is

I would absolutely LOVE 1/6 scale action figures and I think Sideshow is the company to do them. Not only are they the master of this field they have an added advantage being able re-use many of their existing knives and molds for these figures. Just as action figures are made with molds, clothing (for toys and people) is made with knives that cut big blocks of cloth in to the individual pieces that make up a clothing item. So by re-using the knives on these figures they can save the money and time because a.) They already have the knives b.) They don’t have to waste time trying different patterns and cuts to find what will work c.) They know how the clothing will fit on their standard bodies.

The same can be said for the molded components (heads, hands, foot wear, and accessories) but in reverse. Pieces made for a Firefly line can be re-used for the Buffy/Angel line especially since 4 of the 9 cast members appeared on those shows (3 of which were big multi-episode baddies). Here are some examples of what I’m talking about.

Malcolm Reynolds

Head: new sculpt (can be re-use for Caleb in Buffy line)
    Shirt: Wyatt Earp shirt in Maroon, dark blue or tan
    Pants: any of the Civil Wars pants in khaki w/added black stripe
    Jacket: US Infantry Officer Army of the Potomac uniform coat in brown ‘leather’
    Footwear: Taylor - Astronaut boots in brown
    Accessories: holster, Mal’s gun (modified Bedford Forrest’s gun), gloved hands (Gorilla Enforcer), food block, cross necklace (Buffy)

Zoë Walburn

Head: new sculpt (can be re-use for Jasmine in Angel line)
    Shirt: Dana Scully shirt in navy w/ shorten sleeves w/’leather’ vest – new item
    Pants: Anna Valerious pants in tan
    Jacket: Graduation Buffy jacket in a beige canvas
    Footwear: Jinx boots in brown
    Accessories: Necklace (just string), holster, Zoë’s gun (modified Billy the Kid), gloved hands (Xenia Onatopp), apple, knife (Jinx)

Jayne Cobb

Head: new sculpt (can be re-used for Hamilton in Angel line)
    Shirt: Spike t-shirt in tan with iron-on ‘rowdy play’/’solider’
    Pants: Platoon pants in light tan
    Jacket: N/A
    Footwear: Spike boots in beige
    Accessories: thigh holster rig, Jayne’s gun, Vera, knitted hat, second t-shirt – red w/flaming 28 (spike)

Kaylee Frye

Head: new sculpt
    Shirt: Faith shirt in pagoda print
    Pants: woman’s coveralls - new item
    Jacket: General Jeb Stuart jacket in a turquoise Asian print
    Footwear: flip-flop – New sculpt
    Accessories: strawberry in a box, engine part, birthday cake, parasol

Inara

Shirt: dress from Bushwhacked – new item(can be re-use for May Queen Cordelia in the Buffy line)
    Pants: N/A
    Footwear: Prophecy Girl Buffy dress shoes
    Accessories: syringe in a box (syringe from Eye of the Beholder nurse), tea set, hour glass, bobble head geisha

River Tam

Head: new sculpt (can be re-use for Russian Ballerina chick in Angel line)
    Shirt: modified version Prophecy Girl Buffy dress in pink, Willow sweater in red
    Pants: N/A
    Footwear: New Sculpt
    Accessories: ‘ice planet’ treat, ball and jacks, leafed branch, big shiny gun

Shepard Book

Shirt: cleric shirt - new item (can be re-use for Caleb in Buffy line)
    Pants: Spike pants
    Jacket: US 100th Pennsylvania Infantry jacket in black
    Footwear: Angel shoes in black
    Accessories: bible (Frank Black), ‘tall card’ game cards, shotgun (Evil Dead), extra crazy-haired head

Wash Walburn

Shirt: Spike shirt in a Hawaiian fabric/ Spike t-shirt in black
    Pants: Goldeneye Bond Coveralls in burnt orange
    Footwear: Platoon boots in black
    Accessories: toy dinos, ‘metal’ poker cards, tiny handgun (Goldeneye Bond), ‘Cry Baby’

Simon Tam

Shirt: Der Kindestod shirt in white/ Der Kindestod vest in Navy
    Pants: Der Kindestod pants in black
    Jacket: Der Kindestod
    Footwear: Abe Lincoln shoes in black
    Accessories: med kit, drug gun, scalpel (Gentlemen), medically gloved hands (Dr. No)