Alien , Predator or Terminator ?.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Movie Franchise do you like the best ?

• The Alien Saga !.

Votes: 35 28.0%
  • The two Predator flicks !.

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • Terminator Rules all !.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I can't decide !.

Votes: 20 16.0%

• Total voters

uscmhicks

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok... don't start a nerd war but I was wondering which of these three movie franchises you liked best. I think predator has the biggest fan base globally ( although I maybe wrong ) but I am simply interested in this boards members and which one of the 3 has the most love. Predator seems to have more love since the avp movies ( god knows why :rotfl ) and they did make a movie that appealed to kids as well ( which I think is basically taking the pi%& out of the originals but i will leave it at that ) . Alien could also take credit for this but I think the original predator movies can hold the younger generations attention span longer than the original alien series.
It was actually exactly that way for me as a kid so i just feel kids are more interested in predators. Besides if or until they get to a point where they actually care if the movies good or not and not just if a predator is punching an alien this doesn't come into consideration anyway. :monkey1

I have forever loved movies but only in the last 3-4 years have really got into them so to speak. :monkey3
I think leaving out Star wars , Terminator , Alien and Predator and the 3 main sci-fi movies which as well as being amazing all have something in common in someway or another.

For me now , my favorite sci-fi movie is aliens , although I tend to not watch it as much as I would other movies. I have no idea why this is.
The first A L I E N I have always thought was amazing as well as Alien 3 and I even like Resurrection and think it fits into the series well.
It did take a bit of a silly approach but I think the story carries on well and the effects , acting and score are all brilliant.
Remember Resurrection is the only movie you get to see Hellboy fight an alien. :naughty:rotfl

The Terminator will always be a classic. I am always surprised though of how many people I ask who have seen it what actually happens. Obviously they need to watch it again sometime. :google:lol
Then we have terminator 2 which is to me like the aliens of the terminator series and funny enough also has the same director and special effects guru.
Stan and James make an awesome team. :rock
Then there was part 3.... which really ended it on a sour note for me. I have to be honest in saying I just wasn't a fan of the movie plain and simple , it was arnie , he was back but to me there was just something missing.
Now we have Salvation on the way with Bale leading the role and a few other fairly nw but promising actors. If Bale can bring to the terminator series what he brought to batman were in for nothing but a treat.

Then of course theres the predator series. This series has the least movies than any but seems to have made the biggest effect. It started with Arnold again in the Jungle and a team of beefy soldiers who one by one were slaughtered by an alien who had come to earth to hunt.
Then there was Predator 2 where another alien came to Earth too fight ( who was a the time a big time actor who I think has always been underrated anyway) Danny Glover who was a new york cop in the busy city.
Both these movies to me were instant classics. They both are brilliant but Predator one slips the lead for me.

As I stated aliens is my favorite sci-fi movie and I think the alien saga takes the top for me followed by predator and then terminator.
ITS A VERY HARD CHOICE. I love all these franchises so much its hard to pick one. But for me... its Alien.

So what franchise is it for you and why ?.
Should be an interested thread. :cool:

Your right should be very interesting too see how this Thread goes
My order would go
Predator, Love Pred 1 awesome story great enviro whats not too like? Pred 2 Good story sick Pred designs I love it
Terminator, What more can you ask for a kick ass Robot played by Arnie himself :D
Alien, the Alien hmmmm very scary but very suspenseful made me keep watching
Don't know why but as soon as I saw the title that order came too my head
Don't know if I could make a very fair call I do love them all, But I think I with all this new Alien and Pred stuff out there I like the Terminator better at the mo, and Can't wait too see what Terminator Salvation has to offer

A better question.... would alien blood melt through terminator endoskeleton ? :lol:lol

God.... were nerds... :lol:lol

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
Yea I was just wondering myself would Alien Blood Melt the Terminator?
But then would Sky Net be Mass producing Terminators to out do Aliens?

Aww hell I am a nerd :D

A better question.... would alien blood melt through terminator endoskeleton ? :lol:lol

God.... were nerds... :lol:lol

Yea I thought about that. And also will Predator Plasma casters be powerful enough to destroy a terminator. I would if it was an all out war, I'd go with Terminators since they are mass produced and will easily outnumber any Predator Clan or Alien Colony (maybe). But if it was a one on one...it's a struggle between a terminator and a predator but I believe the Predator would be triumphant. :D

Think of it this way
Terminator = Big Beefy from the Future Guns
Predator = (Literally) Out of this world Technology
Alien = Acid Blood, Super Sharp Claws and Bitey Mouth Thing, Ouch :monkey2

I was just asking myself if I was a nerd...
I mean, I go on this forum, I play alot of video games and watch alot of movies.
But I do other stuff not related to movies and games.
Have I crossed the line that is Nerd?

I consider my a Jock during school and during sporting events and a Nerd when I'm at home and nobody can see me :lol:lol:lol

Here's how you guys should keep in mind, the xenomorph is a biological weapon itself (exo skeleton, claws, tail, inner jaw, speed, adapts to any environment), while the predator depends on technology in order to kill...mostly. So in a way, the alien is a gifted killing machine.

I always said thrown a naked predator into a pit with an alien and see who comes out on top. ALIEN RULES ALL. :rock

By the way if anyone was waiting for a sig from me I just done a huge update in my signature art thread.

Aliens is my favourite movie of all time, bar none. Though I never liked Alien or Aliens 3 anywhere near as much. Though I still like those two movies.

Like someone else said though, Terminator has 2 classics in T1 and T2, so its probably the strongest franchise from my point of view. T1 being the best and T2 almost matching it.

As for predator, I love P1 and P2 put but they're not quite in the same league as Aliens and T1, though others would probably disagree.

So for mine Terminator slightly edges out Aliens, only just, as the top franchise.:joy

If we're talking about the movies, definitely Termiantor because that's the only one that could happen in real life imo and Arnold was born to play the Terminator !

If we're talking about collectibles, then Predator, because the design is kick ass !

Back