It's about time DC Direct starts producing some high end statues.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A-1188

Super Freak
Reaction score
It looks like DC's merchandising has gone a bit dormant for years now IMO. Take Batman, The last 2 movies were a hit and till now we haven't seen anything decent related to the caped crusader except maybe for the HT figures, but I'm more of a statue lover. I was expecting that after Dark Knight's huge success product companies such as Gentle Giant would be encouraged to release some great statues or busts from the movie version and MOSTLY the comic versions. Personally the only decent statues I see from DC Direct are the Batman Black and White statues. But then I see Bowen's Marvel statues and I ask myself why can't they do the same with DC? I mean let's face it, DC's busts are not as good as Marvel's. I'd love to see sculptors like Bowen come up with a 12" Batman Jim Lee style statue standing on the gargoyle, it would be great (Kotobukiya one not included). It's sad that the world's most loved comic book hero like Batman is given so little attention in the world of merchandise. :(

Last edited:
DCD did release a large scale Jim Lee Batman - it was pretty good. And they've done some excellent statutes, although you're right that they've not even attempted the depth that Bowen has taken Marvel.

I'm almost glad Bowen doesn't do DC statues. To see statues of that quality would make me go broke for sure.

DCD did release a large scale Jim Lee Batman - it was pretty good. And they've done some excellent statutes, although you're right that they've not even attempted the depth that Bowen has taken Marvel.

Are you refering to the statue in the pic below? If yes then it's not a large scale, its even less than 6 inches tall. Or did I miss out something?

Come on, you don't have to buy everything Bowen produces.

Yeah, but you start with one and that usually leads to more. :lol I would love to see Bowen do the the Trinity: Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman.

And DCD did do a full-size Jim Lee Batman statue.

Are you refering to the statue in the pic below? If yes then it's not a large scale, its even less than 6 inches tall. Or did I miss out something?

There is a mini version that is about 6 inches and the larger one that is about 11". It's not 1/6 scale, more 1/7.

isn't there new wonder woman 18 inch? she looked pretty good from the preview pics

There is a mini version that is about 6 inches and the larger one that is about 11". It's not 1/6 scale, more 1/7.

Crap, now you lost me. :confused: You're not refering to the Kotobukiya statue, right? I don't like PVC statues, they look more figures than statues to me.

I have seen that stuate open at my LCS and it is really nice. The Batman crusader statue is also very nice looking. As a pair that would be a sweet set up.

bats_lee.jpg

So far anything DCD has produced that was marketed as "high end" has been laughable in my opinion. They seriously need to give a license to Sideshow and watch the pennies roll in like crazy. Who wouldn't buy a Premium Format Superman, or Premium Format Batman...? I would...

. Who wouldn't buy a Premium Format Superman, or Premium Format Batman...? I would...

I did.

Do you have any of the DCD pieces? The Superman vs. Wonder Woman is great, as are the other Vs. pieces, the Women of th DCU and the Batman B&W.

Back