• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

New for sale commerce rule -please read!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
New rule added to the rules post above:

Attempting to bypass any of these rules will result in the revocation of "for sale" commerce area access.

Could you give some examples of bypassing the new commerce rules? I am honestly just curious- plus it wouldn't necessarily be bad to provide examples to make sure people know what is not acceptable. Thanks. :)

Could you give some examples of bypassing the new commerce rules? I am honestly just curious- plus it wouldn't necessarily be bad to provide examples to make sure people know what is not acceptable. Thanks. :)

*cough* wofford29 *cough*

It got edited though but he was trying to get around listing a price.

We could provide examples but it is infinitely easier to tell you just what to do.

If you are selling something in the commerce section, just list the price you want for it. :cool:

6) An asking price must be supplied by the seller to list an item. No "make an offer" or auction style for sale posts will be allowed. They will be deleted. A prospective buyer can always make a lower offer, of course.

6) An asking price must be supplied IN THE THREAD for each item listed by the seller. No "make an offer" or auction style for sale posts will be allowed. They will be deleted. A prospective buyer can always make a lower offer, of course.

It's a simple fix.

Seems pretty clear and straightforward to 99+% of us.

99+% can read what they'd like that doesn't make the verbage stone, or negate the interpretation from the 1% you've left out. If I list an item and supply the potential buyer with the price via pm, semantically that's still following the rule that I'm supplying a price for my listed item. I'm not asking to make an offer or conducting an auction. I'm simply providing the price via pm. There's a huge difference between a solid rule and one that is inferred. The rules were put in place for a reason and I'm sure the mods are open for a more clear line of communication so that written rules have weight behind them instead of taking a back seat to inference. Take it up with the other 99%, as for me I can read and follow rules but I'm not going to read rules and then ask around the boards for the latest and greatest in local myths and legends to tack on to written rule so I can participate.

I can see where wofford is comming from. he did not do an "auction" and did not ask for "offers" yea it was toting the line but I think we're missing the "spirit" of the new rules. as one who saw it before it was removed I saw nothing "shady" about it. I'm guilty; pm'd a question about an items price was told the amount(none of that tell me what you want it for/offer a price stuff) so what shall we do?? hmmm...:D

No one is saying it was shady. But the commerce rules aren't open for interpretation. If everyone follows the spirit of the rules then people can't complain that some members are following them and some aren't.

I'm not surprised the transgressions were made by a DC fan....

There's been a hardline stance on the new commerce rules by the mods. While I disagree with some instances, I guess I can't fault them because it all or nothing in order to make people comply.

I was expecting me asking to purchase a preorder Predator 1 diorama Ex. to be deleted at any minute, because it was borderline rule breaking.

Someone creat a SW module to sort out the logic of what is and what isn't allowed. :rolleyes:

Regardless, thanks mods for keeping us honest, seriously. :D

I unstuck this because people tend not to see stuff that stickied. Once the new rule has propagated this thread won't be necessary as the rule is now included with the other rules.

Back