Lifesize gollum statue???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Everyone,

Yes, I'm very familiar with this piece. It was produced by Rubies several years ago (2003 I think?). It's a nice size piece and has weight to it. I was not that fond of the base, but the Gollum was pretty cool. There was also another piece produced by Newline of Smeagol which came on a talking base. The Smeagol statue was used in movie theaters I was told and then later sold off. I no longer have either of them as they just took up too much space. Here are pics of both. Enjoy.

Thanks,
Mike

gollumpic.jpg

smeagol.jpg

It's a nice piece, I had it at one point. At one time, they were VERY cheap from Sharper Image.

and now the sharper image is bankrupt for selling such badass pieces for so cheap and for charging so much for junk :D

That's pretty cool!! I hadn't seen the smeagol version. They both are pretty cool...I may have to try and find them in the future... :monkey5

Thanks for the pics Mike!!!

Last edited:
I've found a couple of the Gollum statue on ebay...Anyone know where I can find the Smeagol statue? Do they show up very often on ebay or are there any stores that still carry it?

Anyone have one the want to sell?? :D

Well, got my lifesize gollum today and it is pretty sweet. However he does have (from shipping) a break in the arm by the elbow. It is not a complete break and is not even noticable if pushed back together. The gap is very small. I was thinking of getting a small syringe and trying to inject some glue into the gap and push it closed. Any other thoughts on fixing him?? Thanks in advance for any fixing advice!!

Edit: sorry for the bad pics...

Old post I know, but does anyone have more detailed pics of the 'Smeagol' base (the cinema promo base) as I have the figure and soundbox but would like to get the base or at least see how it went together.:confused:

Old post I know, but does anyone have more detailed pics of the 'Smeagol' base (the cinema promo base) as I have the figure and soundbox but would like to get the base or at least see how it went together.:confused:

Darkdaysinvegas may be able to help. I know when I bought smeagol from him he PMed me the instructions to put the base together, however I didn't really keep it, sorry. Basically you have a bunch of half circle cardboard pieces and some long skinny pieces that go in the slots of the half circle pieces to build them up. Do you have the base pieces??

Back