Anybody deal with user tonycheung1965 on ebay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

furystorm

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just won a Young Indy for $93 plus shipping on ebay from a user:
tonycheung1965

They are in Hong Kong, and I was wondering if anyone has dealt with them before. I emailed them about the item last night before the end of auction with questions, but they never got back to me yet. I'm just wondering if it is safe to deal with this ebay user on a preorder basis?

Thanks for any input.

Hi FuryStorm

I will move this thread into the Dealer section of the forum, it should get more exposure there for you rather than this section advertising auctions
Hope it works out for you :duff
Shell
x :peace

I've dealt with him before. I think you need to wait a little longer for a reply because of the different time zones. I did have a problem, that the figure I bought came with an extra set of the same hands. He said he would replace them with the correct ones but never got back to me after that. I ended up contacting the manufacturer and they helped me out.

I remember this seller oh so well. Have not purchased anything from him yet but I'm not sure I'd want to anyway.

He recently listed a Saturday Toys men's suit set with a starting bid of $0.99. So I placed a bid on it. 3 days before the auction expired and nobody else was bidding on it, he decides to cancel my bid and prematurely end the auction.

Didn't leave a very good impression with me.

Won this auction and have decided to take the chance and go ahead and pay for the figure. I feel like I got a good deal on this one, as long as it ships to me. Just nervous about running way over the 30 day paypal policy for refunds. But his feedback is stellar. The only thing that bothers me is that he wrote back that Medicom will ship next month on this figure.

I have never bought Medicom before. Is it possible for the figure to be out in Asia so much sooner than it will be available in the States? SS shows second quarter of 2009.

At any rate, thanks to everybody for your replys.

I think he's a reputable dealer. You may have problems with the language barrier in your communications. These guys like to flaunt the pre-order limits, so it is possible it wont be next month. I think Sideshow gets their Hot Toys orders much later than they get released. I don't know if it's the same with the Medicom pre-orders. Medicom are slow with some of their releases. I've had a pre-order in for their Blade figure in for over a year, and I waited nine months to put my order in. :lol

Won this auction and have decided to take the chance and go ahead and pay for the figure. I feel like I got a good deal on this one, as long as it ships to me. Just nervous about running way over the 30 day paypal policy for refunds. But his feedback is stellar. The only thing that bothers me is that he wrote back that Medicom will ship next month on this figure.

I have never bought Medicom before. Is it possible for the figure to be out in Asia so much sooner than it will be available in the States? SS shows second quarter of 2009.

At any rate, thanks to everybody for your replys.

because SSC ocean freights most of their products from China it normally takes about 1 month after the goods are released for SSC to get them..I know with Hot Toys stuff we get our stuff in about 1 month-2 months before SSC ships out their Hot Toys stuff..hope that helps
Joe

hiii i just register today, but have been victim of tonycheung1965 :duh:(!!! 2 years ago... paid for preorder spawn rah...didnt receive it up to today....!!!!! yeahhh he use the same tactics as ever...abusing his power seller rating......will definately cheat on buyer once there is opportunity....same tactics.....he will respond to your mail....sorry there is delay in the shipment....then he wont response to your mail....even you send 10 mail...by then the 30 day policy.....u cant even give negative rating.....so warning to you guys...dont ever buy from him....yes u may get good price....he will get more rating...but will definately rip those who pre order from himm...up to now....so we should not encourage such a dishonet seller!!!! so stopp buying.......:mad::mad:

another victim i found....

https://www.network54.com/Forum/230248/message/1164631631/BE+CAREFULL!!!!!!!!!RIP+OFF+SELLER+ON+EBAY

i think the bruce lee will be very costly

Last edited:
no one will give a rating..if we still didnt get the stuff we paid for...so naturally we wait....so i thought the power seller rating n few negative rating ,i can trust him......there would be ton of negative rating to tonycheung1965 if!!!!! there is no30 day policy so once again warning....dont buy to encourage such as dishonest seller even you buy the buy it now!!! shall not encourage and teach him a lesson...hopefully Justice and ,karma caught him ,anyway i wish happy bad year to tonycheung1965

I think he's a reputable dealer. You may have problems with the language barrier in your communications. These guys like to flaunt the pre-order limits, so it is possible it wont be next month. I think Sideshow gets their Hot Toys orders much later than they get released. I don't know if it's the same with the Medicom pre-orders. Medicom are slow with some of their releases. I've had a pre-order in for their Blade figure in for over a year, and I waited nine months to put my order in. :lol

u waited 9 months..so did you receive yours...??? i waited more than 2 years....maybe 3 and still didn't receive....i dont think there is language barrier

i know im late but i have used tonycheung1965 i bought my lost predator 2 from him it took a while but i got it becuase he is from hong kong and it was during christmas season

u waited 9 months..so did you receive yours...??? i waited more than 2 years....maybe 3 and still didn't receive....i dont think there is language barrier

The only problem I've had with him I described in post 4.

The problem you're referring to, was a problem with Medicom. They say they will produce a particular figure, then you see sites having it up for pre-order and pre-order it, but it doesn't get released for an eternity. The figure I was having to wait so long for was the latest Medicom Blade figure, but I think it's going to be the same with their Sweeney Todd figure too. I purchased the Blade from a reputable ebay store, not from tonycheung.

The only problem I've had with him I described in post 4.

The problem you're referring to, was a problem with Medicom. They say they will produce a particular figure, then you see sites having it up for pre-order and pre-order it, but it doesn't get released for an eternity. The figure I was having to wait so long for was the latest Medicom Blade figure, but I think it's going to be the same with their Sweeney Todd figure too. I purchased the Blade from a reputable ebay store, not from tonycheung.

nope, ironicly...the figure i pre-order...is sold localy..for the same price...It is rah spawn.... I m very patient and trustful thats y...it had been 3 years i still didnt receive it....the things that make me:mad: is that he didnt reply any of the mail/call after he say there is delay...until tdy....at least he should have inform us! then what will it means / and what i should do...if none of the mails/calls is answered......i m in the same timezone with him....n im nt the only 1 didnt receive my stuff from him. look the bruce lee 1 some1 here got it from him, the other didnt get...so e.g if he only had 3 figure then he put 5 in ebay...then the unluky wouldnt get...thats what im implying...i can see his rating...but doesnt mean he wont cheat at all...:(

Apologies in advance for the long post. I've been coming back to this thread and others mentioning tonycheung1965's name since early this year, hoping to hear some good news on people receiving their figures after all. No such luck.

I wish I Googled this seller's name before pre-ordering my $200 figure from him over a year ago now. He had a good eBay rating, so I thought everything would be fine. How naive of me! Looks like several people on this board have been scammed by the guy or at least had issues with him. I've had no problems with pre-orders with other Hong Kong sellers but, boy, tonycheung1965 has made me hate and leave the action figure hobby. To say I deeply regret the day I've won my auction would be an understatement. This is the first time in over 10 years on eBay someone did this to me.

My figure was supposed to be shipped last December but I still haven't received it to this day. I'm from Europe, by the way, and it's been 13 months since the auction. During the whole ordeal I've received only two super short emails from tonycheung and the second things started going downhill, he stopped replying. The usual tactic others here have already mentioned.

One email was in September last year when he told me to keep in contact, the figure hasn't been released yet. Then the figure started shipping in the US and other places in December. In the second email from February this year he asked for my address because I've emailed him about not receiving my figure, wondering why there was such a huge delay. But deep down I already knew something was fishy. After not hearing from the guy nor getting any package, of course, he was sent another email from me a month later and a month after that and again a week ago. Nothing. Zilch. He's still getting positive feedback on stuff he has in stock but he's ignoring people who pre-ordered from him and it's obviously too late to leave a neg (man, I wonder how many negs he'd have if eBay allowed feedback from months and months back?).

I have a screencap of the auction so there's some proof at least of me actually winning this thing. There's also the Paypal receipt. Tonycheung hasn't replied to my email attached with these screencaps either.

I assume he doesn't have the figure in stock anymore, though that's no excuse for not trying to track one down and send it already! But, yeah, to be honest, I've lost all hope the figure will ever reach me. Bye, bye, $200. Tony's entered scammer territory, plain and simple. He's disappointed enough people to earn the name, methinks.

Wish there was a way to contact another seller in Hong Kong who knows this guy and try to get to him that way. There's lots of info on "tonycheung" and ""tonycheung1965" online (even vacation pics) if you Google him but who knows if it's the same guy?

Does he know of this thread, by the way? Surely he's Googled his own name?

PS.: To user tonyfraudster, if you're reading this: Have you received your figure by now? We're in the same situation... :(

Tony is good to deal with... No worries! I have bought several items from him and have had no problems!

Q, let's hope anyone who buys from him doesn't receive the same treatment myself and a few others on this board have. If Tony was a reputable and honest dealer, he'd take care of all his customers, instead of ignoring them/taking their money without sending the items. I KNOW he's reading my emails (all polite, to the point, and in simple enough English), he just chooses to ignore them because he screwed up. I can kiss my money goodbye and he can go on merrily as if nothing ever happened. If he was a good seller worthy of your praise, he'd send my figure, wouldn't he? I can't see it any other way, sorry. Good for you for having no problems with him but that wasn't my own personal experience with the guy. :-(

Fact is, his positive feedback on eBay is misleading and people should know that.

I wish I had seen this before ordering from this guy. I ordered HT's Shades from him and it stated he has 8 in stock but it has been 3 days and the item has still not been shipped. Should I be worried? Typically the next day I get an email from SS to say my WL converted and today the figure is back in stock, nice one SS.

Back