Gallery instructions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

dstephan

This forum is solely for links and pictures of your Sideshow/WETA collection. It should ultimately be a great reference place for people who don't have the items themselves to find out what they're really like and not have to rely on the catalogue shots.

Please keep discussion on the LOTR forum so threads here don't get knocked off quickly. This is mainly for reference, not conversation.

Please keep pictures to a manageable size, some people are still on dial-up.

Thanks.

Dave

Hi Dave whats a good size and is whats the easiest way to uplaod pix ? Thanks great idea:D

Uploading images to the web can be complicated. Hopefully some people more knowledgeable than I will come forward with some good hosting alternatives or people will volunteer to host images for those that don't have the resources.

An ideal size is no more than 75 pixels/inch resolution and a no larger than 600 pixels on the largest edge. This will display the best on most browsers.

Any graphic designers that have better suggestions, please don't hesitate to speak up, I'm not an expert by any means.

How do you upload pics? I'm a little confused as to how people upload the pictures without actually attaching the file.

How do you post the thumbnailes that pop open windows with the real size pics when clicked?

How do you post the thumbnailes that pop open windows with the real size pics when clicked?
yeh id like to know that too !

Since this thread has morphed into one relating to the new Members Gallery and has now taken a turn toward HTML 101, here goes:

If you guys are referring to an action like the one I use for my thumbnails, here, it's accomplished with a combination of the URL and IMG tags, like so:

[URLL=[/b]The URL of the full-size image][IMGG]The URL of the thumbnail image[/IMGG][/URLL]

*** Be sure to remove the second letter "L" and "G" from all instances of the URL and Image tags, or your code won't work! ***

This forum is solely for links and pictures of your Sideshow/WETA collection.

Really only Sideshow/WETA? I am asking because 1) I do not segregate my collection based on producer 2) I find it sad we would not see non-Sideshow/WETA pieces from people's collections here 3) upon checking out some threads here at random I happened upon eg. Hot Toys stuff 4) I am new here so I would not want to break rules by posting something inappropriate...

Really only Sideshow/WETA? I am asking because 1) I do not segregate my collection based on producer 2) I find it sad we would not see non-Sideshow/WETA pieces from people's collections here 3) upon checking out some threads here at random I happened upon eg. Hot Toys stuff 4) I am new here so I would not want to break rules by posting something inappropriate...

:lol:lol:lol:slap:slap:slap

Back