Guitar Hero.....The Movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
Brett Ratner Wants to Make a 'Guitar Hero' Version of 'The Wizard'
Aug 29 2008

Brett Ratner told an MTV reporter that he wants to make Guitar Hero more than a way to annoy your neighbors with constant screaming and pounding. Specifically, he'd like to make it a movie:

I love ‘Guitar Hero’ and I think it’s a part of pop culture. I would love to do a ‘Guitar Hero’ movie, if Activision would ever let me. I’m trying to convince them, but why would you have a movie screw up such a huge franchise? Not that I would make a bad movie. So that would be cool, to do a ‘Guitar Hero’ movie.

No, you would make a bad movie, and it wouldn't be cool. Ratner also has a plot in mind:

It could be about a kid from a small town who dreams of being a rock star and he wins the ‘Guitar Hero’ competition. One of these dreams-[come-true] kind of concepts.

Wow, that's a really good premise, Brett. So simple and elegant. Who wouldn't love to see a movie about a kid playing a video game? In fact, it's such a good idea, I couldn't help but ask the director if he had any other brilliant ways to convert other difficult-to-adapt video games into successful films. In an IWS exclusive, here's Ratner's response:

Super Mario Bros. - "Small town kid, he wants to be a plumber. He ends up winning this Mario Bros. competition. And I wouldn't make it a bad movie."

Grand Theft Auto - "It could be this boy in a suburban area who really wants to steal cars and relentlessly murder pedestrians. Instead, he plays a video game with this same premise, eventually winning a tournament. And I wouldn't make it a bad movie."

Sonic the Hedgehog - "It could be about this child living in a non-metropolitan area has dreams of becoming a sarcastic, anthropomorphic hedgehog with the ability to run extremely fast and curl himself into a perfect sphere capable of destroying the droid forces of the evil Dr. Robotnik. About how he wins a Sonic the Hedgehog video game tournament. Also: I don't intentionally make it a bad film."

Halo - "I haven't played that, but the movie would be whatever the plot of Halo is, that's what this kid wants to be, but he forgoes that dream to instead play a video game similar to the dream. This one I might actually make sort of bad, but no worse than that X-Men I did."

He should make all of these.

Man, what a heinous idea... and didn't they see the South Park episode? This ground has already been covered :lol

Yeah, Ratner really should watch the South Park episode and then see if he still feels the desire to bring to fruition this POS idea of his. South Park nailed all there is to nail with guitar hero.

Guitar Hero and Brett Ratner... I never thought there would ever be such a combo of pure in my lifetime. But there it is.

he must have listened to foreigner growing up........"JUKE BOX HERO"....yep, same premise, same story, ......i'd sue them fargin bastages to no end,
or have a beer and say "RIPOFF"........depending on my mood...:lol

Back