EU Transit Delays?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Simone

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I myself have two orders "stuck" in transit from US to EU, one originating from August 5th, the other August 9th.
Moreover I read a lot of similar recent experiences from other EU customers over the last view days on the forums.

Is there a reason for this situation?

Yes... Interesting question. I am waiting for at least six weeks for one of my orders. I wrote EU CS twice, in the last two weeks, but there's no answer. I also have two other orders in transit, but they are more or less new, so I hope they will not be affected by this.

Last edited:
I got a reply from Julianna from EU customer service in regards of another matter last week and she stated that

I apologize for the delay in response to your email as we were having technical difficulties with our email system!

However, it can be hardly the reason for the transit delays, can it now?

Yes... Interesting question. I am waiting for at least six weeks for one of my orders. I wrote EU CS twice, in the last two weeks, but there's no answer. I also have two other orders in transit, but they are more or less new, so I hope they will not be affected by this.

Just give them a call, so much easier ...

But transit takes long for some items.

I got charged for Frankenstein vs Wolfman dio I think one month ago ... no news.
On the otherhand, I got charged for Red SKull last week and three days later I got the tracking number ...

Same situtation with two orders stuck in transit and one of them for over 6 weeks now. This is my first Sideshow order and I have to say I am a little surprised as my experience of shopping in the USA ( both in person and via the web) has always been of amazingly high service standards and customer care compared to what we experience here in the UK.

I am even more confused as the item I ordered was supposedly showing stock in the EU warehouse. Having read the forums I acknowledge that SS ship in bulk via container and adopt a more rigorous tracking approach compared to other companies, and clearly , judging by posts on this forum, have excellent aftersales service - however the length of these delays being experienced by some forum members does suggest problems in the SS logistics system.

We wanted to keep you updated on the status of your order. Due to delays in customs, several shipments from our US warehouse to our facility in the EU have been taking longer than we would like. You are receiving this email because there is a chance that your order may be one of those affected by these delays. We have determined that these orders were processed between July 15th and August 17th.

It has been confirmed that all of our outstanding shipments during this period of time have arrived at our facility and are being received into the EU warehouse at this moment. We hope to have your order shipping shortly. Please know that we have all available staff working hard to fulfill all pending orders as quickly as possible. As soon as your item(s) physically ship from our EU warehouse, you will receive an email containing all of the necessary tracking information. Upon receipt of your tracking information we anticipate that your package should be delivered to you in the following, estimated timeframe:

Well I give them props for noticing.

I've got the same problem , but i've placed my order the 12th. This is their first respons:

Thank you for your email. Upon receipt and inspection of you item when it arrived in to the EU warehouse, the inspectors noticed that your item arrived damaged. We are currently shipping another item to fulfill your order from our US warehouse to our EU warehouse. Your new item left yesterday August 27th. Please allow 12-15 business days for this transfer. Once your order physically leaves the EU warehouse you will receive a confirmation email with tracking information.

And now i recieved this one:

We wanted to keep you updated on the status of your order. Due to delays in customs, several shipments from our US warehouse to our facility in the EU have been taking longer than we would like. You are receiving this email because there is a chance that your order may be one of those affected by these delays. We have determined that these orders were processed between July 15th and August 17th.

Hmm, strange ................ ( 2 different stories)

I've got the same problem , but i've placed my order the 12th. This is their first respons:

And now i recieved this one:

Hmm, strange ................ ( 2 different stories)

Or maybe, and unfortunately in your case, both are true. It's entirely possible your item was damaged in transit, they caught it before sending it out, sent a new one, and that new one is delayed through customs. Never fear, the EU department is working hard to get items out to everyone in a timely fashion - it's just sometimes the shipping/customs don't work in such a timely fashion as they'd like :(

I once had a delay due to a damaged item, and, what can I say? It arrived a few weeks later than usual, but the EU department informed me about the situation, so I knew what was going on, and I wasn't worried. If you have to wait about four weeks after you've payed for the order anyway, an extra week or two really doesn't matter. The question is, why does it have to take so long in the first place.

I recently received two orders from StarWarsShop, and both arrived within 4 or 5 days after they where shipped from the US. I did have to pay tax and customs on those orders, but I payed less for shipping than what Sideshow charges me, and the orders arrived within a week after I had been charged. And I even received two free gifts with one of the SWS orders, and, both were... really free. Unlike the two free things I got from SSC recently. Well, actually, I'm still waiting on these items, since they are still in transit. I won a keychain during SDCC, and I was charged about $1 for it. I also got a free SSF hat with one of my more recent orders, and again, I was charged $1 for that hat. I am not making a drama about these $2, and, I also know why you charge this dollar for 'promotional items'. You clearly explain it somewhere on your site. But, what strikes me, is that SWS has done a bit better than Sideshow in regards of shipping and all that is related to it. They charge less for shipping, they ship faster. They don't charge for gifts. Not even a dollar.
Still. My point is, there are much European collectors around that buy directly from Sideshow. Please do everything you can, please do better than what you are doing at this point, to facilitate their dealings with Sideshow.

Last edited:
E-mailed EU customer services who responded very quickly. My Robocop PF arrived damaged so they have arranged a replacement and they have given me free postage on my HT Iron Man pre-order- so a very satisifed customer.

My item ( see above) was shipped to EU August 27th . I'm still waiting for my tracking number :/

I've ordered this item August 12th, the waiting is quit frustrating ...

ive grown grey hair waiting for my order lara croft PF to arive, these delays realy suck seeing we payed for the items, we should get some free gift cards

Still waiting on my Red Skull....It was shipped from the US warehouse a couple of weeks back....then delayed, and now I have no idea. Seems to be in limbo at the moment.

Still waiting on my Red Skull....It was shipped from the US warehouse a couple of weeks back....then delayed, and now I have no idea. Seems to be in limbo at the moment.

i was told mine was shipping about 6 weeks ago and then about 2 ago weeks got told it was delayed and no contact to tell me what stage its at !!!!! realy poor if you ask me,

they should only charge us once its left the EU WAREHOUSE !!!!!!! SO not impressed

My Salacious B. Crumb 1:1 figure has been delayed for 2 weeks but i got a mail Monday saying it should ship this week but i have my doubts :emperor Hopefully it will, though.

This is quite worrying! I have a Pre-order that will probably go through in a week or so & I'm having thoughts about cancelling the order now!

I think the idea about getting charged once the item has left the EU warehouse is a good but not very practical from SS point of view, maybe they could charge for a percentage on order then complete the payment on orders leaving the EU warehouse.

I had one of my items delivered (SSE Elsa Lanchester Bride PF), the T-850 Arnold bust is still missing.
Also, since when does the EU warehouse check for shipping damage?

Last edited:
Back