The Josh's Sideshow Collectibles Reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Josh

Ringer @ Heart
Reaction score
Luke Skywalker

INTRODUCTION
The Star Wars 12-inch line for years had been something special to the Star Wars Collectibles lines thanks to Kenner and Hasbro. However, something very special was about to happen to this line. On July 14th, 2005, Sideshow Collectibles announced they had acquired the 12-inch license for Star Wars figures a year after having acquired the rights to make 1:1 scale busts and 1:4 scale Premium Format Figures.

For fans of Sideshow Collectibles this was a great day especially since many of us are also Star Wars fans. We knew the level of quality in which Sideshow Collectibles made their 12-inch figures. Star Wars fans that didn’t know anything about Sideshow Collectibles where about to get the treat of a life time for their favorite characters from that galaxy far far away.

Sideshow Collectibles choose the first figure of their whole 12-inch line to be none other than Luke Skywalker himself. This version of Luke Skywalker comes from the Order of the Jedi line in Sideshows 12-inch Star Wars line and represents Luke from Episode Six: Return of the Jedi.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular and Exclusive Formats. This review of the Luke Skywalker figure will be of the Exclusive Version.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow with the Luke Skywalker figure decided to think outside the box so to speak when making Luke’s box. It has a great shot of the figures face on the front of the box with a clip of Luke from Jabba's palace in the background with the Star Wars Logo under the figures head. Also on the front of the box you will get a cool Sideshow Exclusive sticker letting you know which version you received. A long the side of the box you have the name of the figure and at the bottom. On both sides you get great shots of the Luke figure and on the back of the box you get another great shot with some nice pictures from ROTJ.

This box unlike many 12-inch boxes is very collector friendly. With most 12-inch boxes when you open the box you have to fight that annoying Velcro to open them. Sideshow playing upon something critical to Star Wars used the “Force” to keep the box closed. Ok, so they didn’t really use the force to keep the box closed but two very well hidden magnets to keep it closed.

When you go to open this figure instead of the standard one panel you get multiple panels. Once opened you see text talking about the Order of the Jedi line which is what Luke falls in, next you will see his accessories (which I’ll go into later), then a description of the character, and finally the panel in which the character is held in. Now, the final thing that makes this box so much more user friendly is the fact it doesn’t use any and I repeat any twisty ties on Luke.

SCULPTING - 9.5
This figure looks exactly Mark Hamill who played Luke Skywalker in Episodes 4-6 of the Star Wars Saga. So with that this figure is already a winner based on the numerous bad representations of Luke we’ve seen over the years. This figure also looks fantastic from any angle at which you might look at it. This is aided by the fantastic job done on the skin tone.

The sculpting done on the hands is fantastic really compared to other 12-inch figures I’ve come across. Like with the face the skin tone and detail is amazing. They have great flexibility and hold their items correctly. My only complaint with the hands is that they do come off a little easier than I would like when changing poses.

PAINT - 10
Really the painting detail on this piece is perfect in the way they capture someone who lived on a desert planet their whole life. The skin tone is really flawless on this piece and you would be hard pressed to find issues with it. The same goes for his set of hands that come with this piece. Even the details in Luke’s eyes are capture amazingly well which is the key to the overall look of his face.

ARTICULATION - 9.5
If you are familiar with Sideshows standard body then you already know what to expect with Luke.

The overall articulation with this figure is pretty good because the movement is there. So being able to pose him shouldn’t be an issue for any of you folks who like to recreate scenes from the movies. My only issue with the SS body is the arms do look a little long so you have to pose him a little so his arms don’t appear to look funky.

ACCESSORIES - 10
The difference in accessories between this one and the regular version is only a Skiff Guard Blaster but none the less these items are very cool.

Luke comes with five hands all of which I said before are very detailed. Especially the battle damaged hand which you can see the robotic insides of the hands. All of these hands will aid you in creating those different poses.

Maybe the weakest of the accessories is a femur bone Luke finds when he is dropped into the Rancor pit. It’s very well done and looks just like what a femur bone should look like.

The exclusive accessory is the Skiff Guard Blaster which is a pretty sweet exclusive. The paint and detail in this little item is very well done and it comes with its own hand to hold it if you choose to display this accessory.

Now, any Jedi has to have a Lightsaber. This guy not only has one but two Lighsabers. Luke has an ignited Lightsaber so you can choose to display him about to whoop someone with it. If you choose to display Luke holding the Femur or Skiff Guard Blaster you also get a non-ignited Lightsaber which conveniently will hang on Luke’s belt. The detail on both these Lightsabers is outstanding and looks like what you saw on screen or in the tons of replicas floating around.

OUTFIT - 9.5
Luke’s outfit is pretty solid when you take the time to look at it and eye over the details. The sewing job on it is better than any Star Wars 12-inch figure I’ve seen to date. Sideshow’s color choices match what we saw on screen to a “T”. The clothes for the most part fit Luke really well but the only trouble spots from what I can see are in the hip area and around the boots. His hip issue can be taken care of by putting on his grey tunic but if you don’t want to do that cotton balls can help fill those gaps. Luke’s boot issue can be taken care of by just simply playing around with the pants.

VALUE - 10
For $50 to be able to get the definitive Luke Skywalker 12-inch figure is a steal. The level of detail and quality Sideshow put into this figure will cause you to drop your jaw when you see it in person. Star Wars fans you finally have a Luke Skywalker you can be more than proud to display.

OVERALL - 9.5
There are a few minor issues as I stated with this figure like the arms, hands, and hip areas. However, these areas really are very minor especially for a figure of this quality. Sideshow really knocked the ball out of the park with this figure and has gotten the Star Wars 12-inc line of to a fantastic start.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 9.5
Paint - 10
Articulation - 9.5
Accessories - 10
Outfit - 9.5
Value - 10
Overall - 9.5

Anakin Skywalker

INTRODUCTION
Anakin Skywalker was born a slave on the planet of Tatooine hoping to one day accomplish great things beyond being just a slave. Qui-Gon Jinn believing Anakin to be the chosen one was able to play on Watto’s inability not to bet and won Anakin’s freedom. Anakin’s Jedi training would fall to Obi-Wan Kenobi after the death of Qui-Gon at the hands of Darth Maul. Anakin would go on to become a Jedi Knight and a great hero of the Clone Wars during the time between the end of Attack of the Clones and the start of Revenge of the Sith.

Sideshow Collectibles decided to follow up Luke Skywalker with his father Anakin as he was depicted in ROTS in their Order Of The Jedi Line. Anakin was put up for sale back in December of 2005. The man given the chance to sculpt the chosen one was none other than the outstanding Andy Bergholtz.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular and Exclusive Formats. This review of the Anakin Skywalker figure will be of the Exclusive Version.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow with the Anakin Skywalker figure stayed with the same box design they had used on the Luke Skywalker figure making it very collector friendly. As with the Luke figure box you will get a cool gold sticker letting you know which version you received. A long the side of the box you have the name of the figure and at the bottom. On both sides you get great shots of the Anakin figure and on the back of the box you get another great shot with some nice pictures from ROTS.

When you go to open this figure instead of the standard one panel you get multiple panels again as you did if you ordered the Luke figure. Once opened you see text talking about the Order of the Jedi line which is what Anakin falls in for this particular version of his character, next you will see his accessories (which I’ll go into later), then a description of the character, and finally the panel in which the character is held in.

SCULPTING - 9.5
If you wanted a miniature Hayden Christensen you got it with this figure. It captures what I think fans wanted in how Anakin looked on screen in ROTS. As with Luke this figure looks awesome from every angle. This is aided by the fantastic job done on the skin tone and in the sculpt done by Andy Bergholtz.

The sculpting done on the hands is fantastic but the sculpting on the Robotic Arm is the most amazing work I’ve seen on anything like this. You can see every little detail in the arm and how it might work if it was real. Another great job was done on Anakin’s gloved arm matching what was seen on screen. The hands with the exception of the robotic arm hold the Lightsaber extremely well but the robotic arm isn’t designed to hold the Lightsaber either. My only complaint with the with this figure as far as sculpting goes deals more with how the gloved arm fits and wants to stay in. Mine doesn’t seem to want to fall out easy but there are several reports of this being an issue.

PAINT - 9
The painting on Anakin overall is very well done especially the skin tone. Much in the same way with Luke they look like they are very good health. The same goes for his set of normal hands that come with this piece and the same can be said for the robotic arm along with the sleeved covered arm. The only issue with the paint on this piece is the lip color. They are a tad too dark especially when compared to Luke or the prototype pics of Anakin. Another area that could be bothersome is the eye brows those might be a little thick.

ARTICULATION - 9.5
The overall articulation with this figure equally as good with Anakin as it was with Luke. So if you feel inclined to pose him from your favorite scene from ROTS you will be able to do so. Unlike with Luke Anakin’s arms are not too long so he won’t have that odd look that Luke can have in certain poses. Again, because some are having issues with the right gloved arm falling out this hurts the figure.

ACCESSORIES - 10
The only difference in accessories for the Exclusive Anakin and the Regular is a mini-hologram of Darth Sidious himself.

Anakin comes with two left hands and two right arms all of which are very detailed. The most detailed of course is the robotic arm which might be the coolest thing about this figure. All of these hands and arms will aid you in creating those different poses.

Some of the other accessories are a comlink, holoprojector, rebreather, and Jedi Cloak. All of these items are very well done and will look great if you choose to use them.

The exclusive accessory as I said is a mini-hologram of Darth Sidious. While not being an item you can use on the figure like with the blaster on Luke I think this exclusive is much cooler.

Anakin like Luke has not one but two Lightsabers you can choose to use in your displaying options. Anakin has an ignited Lightsaber so you can choose to display him about to whoop someone with it. Another option given to you is an unignited Lightsaber hilt. The detail on both these Lightsabers is outstanding and looks like what you saw on screen or in the tons of replicas floating around.

OUTFIT - 9.5
Anakin’s outfit is really outstanding overall and the detail in it is even better than Luke’s. Sideshow’s color choices match what we saw on screen to a “T”. The issue with Anakin’s outfit comes on his right arm and making it look screen accurate. In the film it appears tucked into sleeved covered right arm. In order to capture this you must take that shirt off and flip the sleeve inside out, and wrap it around the sleeved arm and use an elastic band to hold it. Then place it back on Anakin to capture the look you have on screen.

VALUE - 10
At $55 dollars to be able to get the best Anakin Skywalker figure out there is highway robbery. The level of detail and quality Sideshow put into this figure will cause you to drop your jaw when you see it in person. This figure shows just how good this line can and will be for all Star Wars fans.

OVERALL - 9.5
The two issues keeping this figure down are the lips and with some of the Anakin’s out there the right arm falling out a little too easy. Sideshows follow up to Luke is another step in this line being what we all thought it would be from the start. If you have a chance to grab Anakin I say do so without a second thought.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 9.5
Paint - 9
Articulation - 9.5
Accessories - 10
Outfit - 9.5
Value - 10
Overall - 9.5

Kit Fisto

INTRODUCTION
Not much is known of Kit Fisto before the Clone Wars but what is known shows how great this Jedi was. Kit Fisto was one of the Jedi Masters who helped rescue Obi-Wan Kenobi during the battle of Geonosis. Weeks after this battle Kit was given the most honored thing a Jedi could be given a seat on the Jedi Council. However, this great Jedi would soon meet his end when he along with Mace Windu, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tiin went to arrest Chancellor Palpatine.

Sideshow Collectibles made Kit Fisto the fourth figure in their Order Of The Jedi Line though he is actually the third to ship. Kit was put up for sale back in January of 2006. The man given the chance to sculpt Kit Fisto was the artist Tim Miller.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular and Exclusive Formats. This review of the Kit Fisto figure will be of the Exclusive Version.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow with the Kit Fist figure stayed with the same box design they had used on the every Star Wars figure making it very collector friendly. As with the with all the figures before Kit you will get a cool gold sticker letting you know which version you received. A long the side of the box you have the name of the figure and at the bottom. On both sides you get great shots of the Kit figure and on the back of the box you get another great shot with some nice pictures from ROTS.

When you go to open this figure instead of the standard one panel you get multiple panels again as you did with the previous two figures. Once opened you see text talking about the Order of the Jedi line which is what kit like the others falls into, next you will see his accessories (which I’ll go into later), then a description of the character, and finally the panel in which the character is held in.

SCULPTING - 9.5
The overall sculpting on this piece is really good and looks just like what Kit does on screen. It captures what Kit looked like in ROTS with the exception of one area which I’ll go into later. Despite what my one problem with the sculpt is he looks really good from any possible angle.

The sculpting done on the hands is fantastic Tim Miller did a good job getting kits hands to look very alien like. Kit’s head is done really well his big buggy eyes look just like they did on screen big and buggy looking. The most amazing part of this figure was the job done on his tentacles. They have a nice movability that I wasn’t sure would be there but it is there. My one issue with this sculpt and what kept it from being a perfect ten is the mouth. Not that it isn’t sculpted good but I don’t like the overall look. It just strikes me as an odd look for Kit something you don’t see him do I think a sculpted smile much as you see in AOTC would have fit better.

PAINT - 10
The painting on Kit overall is very well done especially the skin tone. He looks as green as he does in any of the pictures I’ve seen of this character. The same goes for his set of hands that come with this piece and even his body is green to match.

ARTICULATION - 10
The overall articulation with this figure equally as good with Kit as any of the other two figures so far. So if you feel inclined to pose him from your favorite scene from ROTS you will be able to do so. Kit doesn’t seem to have long arms which seemed to plague Luke and doesn’t have the dropsy’s on either arm which Anakin had. I’ve not read anyone having problems with Kit so this figure gets a prefect score on articulation.

ACCESSORIES - 10
The only difference in accessories for the Exclusive Kit and the Regular is the head of a Battle Droid. This by the way is metal and somewhat heavy.

Kit comes with no extra hands which isn’t a big deal since he has no real use for extras. The most detailed piece is the droid head which I already have stated is made of metal. It is a spitting image of what they looked like on screen and on the bottom of it you can see the wires that connected it to the body.

Some of the other accessories are a comlink, holoprojector, two Lightsabers, and Jedi Cloak. All of these items are very well done and will look great if you choose to use them.

Kit like both before him has not one but two Lightsabers you can choose to use in your displaying options. Kit has an ignited Lightsaber so you can choose to display him about to whoop someone with it. Another option given to you is an unignited Lightsaber hilt. The detail on both these Lightsabers is outstanding and looks like what you saw on screen.

OUTFIT - 10
Kit’s outfit is really outstanding overall and the detail in it is as good as we’ve seen so far. Sideshow’s color choices match what we saw on screen to a “T”. There are no issues with how it fits or how it looks on the figure. This is the first one I’ve thought about actually not using the Jedi Cloak on I like it that much.

VALUE - 10
At $55 dollars to be able to get the best Kit Fist figure out there is highway robbery. The level of detail and quality Sideshow put into this figure will cause you to drop your jaw when you see it in person. This figure is yet another reason to be so pleased Sideshow was able to get this away from Hasbro and give the 12” line the life it deserved.

OVERALL - 9.5
I know with as many 10’s as I gave this figure you’d think I would give it a 10 for overall. However, to me a perfect figure has no issues that would bother me about the figure. I think the overall look on Kit’s face would have been better served by giving him his trademark smile instead of the feed me grin he was given.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 9.5
Paint - 10
Articulation - 10
Accessories - 10
Outfit - 10
Value- 10
Overall - 9.5

Bespin Han Solo

INTRODUCTION
The Order Of The Jedi line was the first line Sideshow Collectibles used to get their 12-inch line of Star Wars Figures going. Following a couple of Jedi announcements fans began to wonder when the next line of figures would start. On January 26th, 2006 Sideshow Collectibles announced they where ready to get started on the second line of figures from the Star Wars Saga. This line would be called the Heroes Of The Rebellion. The HOTR line would center around folks who where none-Jedi that helped the Rebel Alliance defeat the Empire.

Sideshow Collectibles choose the first figure of their HOTR 12-inch line to be none other than that scruffy looking nerf herder himself Han Solo. This version of Han comes from the Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. The official name of this figure is Bespin Han Solo.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular and Exclusive Formats. This review of the Han Solo figure will be of the Exclusive Version.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow continues to use the great design they came up with for the OTJ line. These boxes are about as collector friendly as it gets. Making it easy to get your Han out and keep the box looking nice if you want to display it as well. Like the rest it has great shots of the figure and Harrison Ford’s portrayal of Han in the Star Wars Saga. As with any exclusive figure so far in this line you should have a gold sticker on the front of the box letting you know which one you received.

As with the other boxes on the inside you get multiple panels which display the figure beautifully along with all the accessories. After opening this figure you also notice something else that hasn’t changed. You get a great back story on the HOTR line and Han Solo himself.

SCULPTING - 9
This figure has a pretty solid look as to what Harrison Ford looked like back when ESB came out. The only problem with the sculpt is that he might be a slight bit chubbier than Ford was at that time. It’s nothing really noticeable but it could be an issue for some collectors. As with Luke this figure is a winner because of the numerous crappy jobs put out by Hasbro and other companies. Having it in hand does really help this figure. No picture I’ve seen has made this figure look as good sculpt wise as seeing it with your own eyes.

The Hands are also well done as with the other figures in this line. The detail in both the hands and face are helped by the nice job done on Han’s skin tone.

PAINT - 10
Really the painting detail on this piece is perfect in the way they capture someone who lived on a desert planet their whole life. The skin tone is really flawless on this piece and you would be hard pressed to find issues with it. The same goes for his set of hands that come with this piece. Even the details in Luke’s eyes are capture amazingly well which is the key to the overall look of his face.

ARTICULATION - 8.5
If you are familiar with Sideshows standard body then you already know what to expect with Han. The overall articulation with this figure is still pretty good because the movement is there. However, the articulation I do think is hurt because of Hans’s tight outfit. In order for everything to look the way most folks want it done you have to fuss with the outfit to get the body articulation.

ACCESSORIES - 10
The difference in accessories between this one and the regular version is the very very cool Mynock. This thing alone is worth spending the extra money for the exclusive. Unlike some of the other figures he only comes with the one set of hands. This does not hold this figure back at all because of one item in particular. He also has a gun, food container, breathing mask, and the ultra cool Mynock. the Mynock is one of the coolest exclusive items to come out with a figure. It is really nice in size and it also has a magnet in it which you can attach to anything metal.

OUTFIT - 7.5
The outfit is what hurts Han the most because of all the fussing you must do with it. The jacket looks great as far as overall design goes and the same goes with the pants. Depending on the pose you go with everything works but if you want to do something more extreme you must work the jacket and pants to make it look totally perfect.

The same can be said with the pants on Han. I think they look great but need a little work to be perfect. The holder that goes with Han is damn nice and is the most perfect part of his outfit.

VALUE - 9
For $55 to be able to get the definitive Han Solo 12-inch figure is a steal. The level of detail and quality Sideshow put into this figure will make you so happy Hasbro no long has this license. However the work that might need to be done by a person to get the outfit to their level of satisfaction might drop the overall value.

OVERALL - 8.5
There are some issues with this figure that keep this from being better than the rest. However, this doesn’t mean it’s not a good figure or not worth buying because I would get this in a heartbeat. This figure really is a solid job and will look great in your collection.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 9
Paint - 10
Articulation - 8.5
Accessories - 10
Outfit - 7.5
Value - 9
Overall - 8.5

Mace Windu

INTRODUCTION
Mace Windu a legend even among the Jedi Order and one of the last members of the Jedi Council before Order 66. Master Windu possessed an extensive knowledge of the Jedi Order and the philosophy held by the Jedi. When Mace was put on the Jedi Council he was at the time the youngest person to ever make the Council. His fall would come sadly when he tried to take out Darth Sidious with the help from another Jedi Anakin Skywalker.

Sideshow Collectibles made Mace Windu the fifth figure in their Order Of The Jedi Line though he is actually the fourth to ship. Mace was put up for sale back in January of 2006. The man given the chance to sculpt Mace was the outstanding sculptor Andy Bergholtz.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular and Exclusive Formats. This review of the Mace Windu figure will be of the Exclusive Version.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow with the Mace Windu figure stayed with the same box design they had used on the every Star Wars figure making it very collector friendly. As with the with all the figures before Mace you will get a cool gold sticker letting you know which version you received. A long the side of the box you have the name of the figure and at the bottom. On both sides you get great shots of the Mace figure and on the back of the box you get another great shot with some nice pictures from ROTS. Along with some of the upcoming figures located at the bottom.

When you go to open this figure instead of the standard one panel you get multiple panels again as you did with the previous figures in this line. Once opened you see text talking about the Order of the Jedi line which is what Mace like the others falls into, next you will see his accessories (which I’ll go into later), then a description of the character, and finally the panel in which the character is held in.

SCULPTING - 9.5
The overall sculpting on this piece is really good and Andy did an exceptional job of nailing Sam Jackson. It’s not quite a perfect likeness but ranks as one of the best human likenesses so far. The nose area and the eye area are where I think it losses a little of the Sam Jackson look, but only enough for me to take away a half point.

The sculpting done on the hands is fantastic as has been the case with all the figures so far in this line, but what might be even cooler than the job Andy did on Mace was the stump from when his hand gets whacked off by Anakin during ROTS. Despite the little issues I have with the nose/eyes area this figure looks great and I cannot say how good a job Andy did with Mace. Andy capture the bad mother that we all know Sam Jackson/Mace Windu really is.

PAINT - 10
I can’t say enough about how good Mace looks. The paint job on Mace just kicks butt and he looks great. The same goes for his set of hands that come with this piece.

ARTICULATION - 10
The overall articulation with this figure equally as good with Mace as any of the other figures so far. So if you feel inclined to pose him from your favorite scene from ROTS you will be able to do so. Mace has none of the issues that have bothered folks with the other figures so far in this line.

ACCESSORIES - 10
The only difference in accessories for the Exclusive Mace and the Regular is the helmet of Jango Fett. This solid plastic and looks really good.

Mace comes with normal set of extra hands helps make posing him easier. Besides the Jango Helmet is the fact he comes with four Lightsabers. The Lightsabers come from Episode 1 and 2/3. Both of these will come to you in ignited and unignited so you have multiple posing options. The coolest item included though is the Jango Helm which mace cut off of Jango’s Body in AOTC.

Some of the other accessories are a comlink, holoprojector, Jedi aqua breather, cut off stump, and Jedi Cloak. All of these items are very well done and will look great if you choose to use them.

OUTFIT - 10
Mace’s outfit is really outstanding overall and the detail in it is as good as we’ve seen from any of the other Jedi. Sideshow’s color choices match what we saw on screen in ROTS to a “T”. There are no issues with how it fits or how it looks on the figure. Like with Kit this figure I really considered not using the Jedi Cloak.

VALUE - 10
At $50 dollars to be able to get the best Mace figure out there is highway robbery and should make any fan drop those Mace figures Hasbro did. The level of detail and quality Sideshow put into this figure will cause you to drop your jaw when you see it in person. Mace gives yet another reason as to why nobody but SS should be doing Star Wars figures in the 12” format.

OVERALL - 9.5
This figure is so cool it’s not even funny and I would give it a 10 if not for the small issues with the nose and mouth area. However, to me a perfect figure has no issues that would bother me about the figure. This figure just screams bather mutha!

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 9.5
Paint - 10
Articulation - 10
Accessories - 10
Outfit - 10
Value - 10
Overall - 9.5

ROTS Obi-Wan

INTRODUCTION
Obi-Wan is considered by many to one of the most famous of all the Jedi Order and maybe of the greatest of all the Jedi. At a young age Obi-Wan was entrusted with a great task. When his master Qui-Gon Jinn was killed by Darth Maul he promised Jinn that he would take charge of “chosen one” Anakin Skywalker. This forced Obi-Wan to grow much faster but it was something the Jedi was more than able to handle. He helped raise Anakin to be one of the most powerful Jedi in the entire universe. They grew to be more than master and apprentice which makes Anakin’s betrayal even worse. After Anakin’s betrayal to the Dark Side these two brothers would stage a fight for the ages. In this fight Obi-Wan would come out victorious when he wounded Anakin by cutting out one of his arms and both his legs. Obi-Wan was crushed by this fight but this would not be the last confrontation. Nineteen years later Obi-Wan would have to confront Vader again. However, this time the outcome would be much different. In order to help Luke, Han, Chewie, and Leia escape he would have to sacrifice himself. Vader would come out victorious but Obi-Wan would have the great prize. He would become one with the force and aide in Luke bringing balance to the force.

Sideshow Collectibles made Obi-Wan the Third figure in their Order Of The Jedi Line though he is actually the fifth to ship. Obi-Wan was put up for sale back in January of 2006. The man given the chance to sculpt Obi-Wan was the outstanding sculptor Andy Bergholtz.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular and Exclusive Formats. This review of the Obi-Wan figure will be of the Exclusive Version.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow with the Obi-Wan figure stayed with the same box design they had used on the every Star Wars figure making it very collector friendly. As with the with all the figures before Obi-Wan you will get a cool gold sticker letting you know which version you received. A long the side of the box you have the name of the figure and at the bottom. On both sides you get great shots of the Obi-Wan figure and on the back of the box you get another great shot with some nice pictures from ROTS. Along with some of the upcoming figures located at the bottom

When you go to open this figure instead of the standard one panel you get multiple panels again as you did with the previous figures in this line. Once opened you see text talking about the Order of the Jedi line which is what Obi-Wan like the others falls into, next you will see his accessories (which I’ll go into later), then a description of the character, and finally the panel in which the character is held in.

SCULPTING - 10
The job Andy did on this piece is truly a work of art he without a doubt nailed Ewan. It is the best job done on any figure so far in this line. The sculpting done on the hands is fantastic as has been the case with all the figures so far in this line. This is one sculpt I cannot find any problems with so I gladly give it a perfect ten.

PAINT - 10
Some will read this and I know wonder how I can give this a ten. He does not look exactly like the figure shown at SDCC this past July. However, he does look like the figure shown at Toy Fair back in July. The paint job is fantastic and in this reviewers opinion matches what was on screen. I was truly blown away by the job done on this figure when I received mine.

ARTICULATION - 10
The overall articulation with this figure equally as good with Obi-Wan as any of the other figures so far. So if you feel inclined to pose him from your favorite scene from ROTS you will be able to do so. Once again this figure has none of the problems that seemed to be an issue with Luke and some of the Anakin/Vader figures.

ACCESSORIES - 10
The only difference in accessories for the Exclusive Obi-Wan and the Regular is the blaster of Grivevous. This blaster is the coolest blaster to come with any of the figures so far.

Obi-Wan comes with normal set of extra hands helps make posing him easier. Obi-Wan comes with the standard set of Lightsabers so you can choose between an ignited and unignited saber. The blaster also gives you a chance to try some different posing options especially the pose of him taking Grievous out from ROTS. Some of the other accessories are a comlink, holoprojector, Jedi aqua breather, and Jedi Cloak. All of these items are very well done and will look great if you choose to use them.

OUTFIT - 10
Obi-Wan’s outfit is really outstanding overall and the detail in it is as good as we’ve seen from any of the other Jedi. Sideshow’s color choices match what we saw on screen in ROTS to a “T”. The material is a little thinner than the other figures but I attribute this to it being a different style of robe.

VALUE - 10
At $50 dollars to be able to get the best Obi-Wan figure out there is highway robbery. The level of detail and quality Sideshow put into this figure will cause you to drop your jaw when you see it in person. This Obi-Wan is the exact reason why nobody but SS should be doing Star Wars figures in the 12” format.

OVERALL - 10
I can’t believe how awesome this figure is and how lucky we as Star Wars fans are to have this figure. While I could find issues with the other figures I have from this line this is one figure I could not find anything wrong with. I look at this and go damn what a freaking awesome figure.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging- 10
Sculpt- 10
Paint- 10
Articulation- 10
Accessories- 10
Outfit- 10
Value- 10
Overall- 10

Qui-Gon

INTRODUCTION
Qui-Gon Jinn the most maverick of all the Jedi was also one of the greatest. He was a firm believer in the living force rather than the unifying force. Qui-Gon was never on the Jedi Council but this is not something he was ever concerned with. This great Jedi had a hard time dealing with the loss of a previous padawan which made him reluctant to take on another. He would eventually take on one last padawan which just happens to be Obi-Wan Kenobi. He would help teach Obi-Wan how to be the best Jedi and the way to live in the force. Qui-Gon also did one other thing before his untimely death at the hands of Darth Maul. He found Anakin Skywalker on Tatooine and helped free the chosen one. He wanted to take on Anakin as a Padawan but as I said died in one of the best battles in Star Wars history when Darth Maul took him down. That was not the end for Qui-Gon as he would find a way to become one with the force. He then would teach Yoda and Obi-Wan how to do the same. This would become helpful to defeating the Sith/Empire.

Sideshow Collectibles made Qui-Gon the sixth figure in their Order Of The Jedi Line though he is actually the Seventh to ship. Qui-Gon was put up for sale back in March of 2006. The man given the chance to sculpt Qui-Gon was the outstanding sculptor Oluf W. Hartvigson.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular and Exclusive Formats. This review of the Qui-Gon figure will be of the Exclusive Version.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow with the Qui-Gon figure stayed with the same box design they had used on the every Star Wars figure making it very collector friendly. As with the with all the figures before Qui-Gon you will get a cool gold sticker letting you know which version you received. A long the side of the box you have the name of the figure and at the bottom. On both sides you get great shots of the Qui-Gon figure and on the back of the box you get another great shot with some nice pictures from TPM. Along with some of the upcoming figures located at the bottom.

When you go to open this figure instead of the standard one panel you get multiple panels again as you did with the previous figures in this line. Once opened you see text talking about the Order of the Jedi line which is what Qui-Gon like the others falls into, next you will see his accessories (which I’ll go into later), then a description of the character, and finally the panel in which the character is held in.

SCULPTING - 9
Oluf did a very nice job with the sculpt but unlike with the last figure Obi-Wan it’s just not perfect. From straight on it’s nice and does have a nice resemblance to Liam Neeson. Where it really is dead on is from the side or profile that is dead on Liam Neeson. Another issue with the sculpt is the design of the hair over the top the ears this has been corrected some since the proto but still has a bit of the George Washington look.

PAINT - 10
The paint job on this is equally as good as we’ve gotten in this line so far. The grey in his beard came out very nicely as did his hair color. The skin tone looks great and I actually wish I had as good as skin tone that Qui-Gon does.

ARTICULATION - 8.5
The articulation is as good as any figure we’ve had so far in this line. However, the thing that drove me a little nuts with Qui-Gon is for my figure there seemed to be a difficult time with his hands. The right hand on this one just gave me fits and made posing him hard. I was actually quite frustrated with this figure.

ACCESSORIES - 10
The only difference in accessories for the Exclusive Qui-Gon and the Regular is his moisture farmer poncho. This is a unique accessory in that you can really change the look of the figure with this.

Qui-Gon comes with normal set of extra hands helps make posing him easier normally. Qui-Gon comes with the standard set of Lightsabers so you can choose between an ignited and unignited saber. The poncho lets you recreate any scene from the time during TPM when he wore that and will come in handy when Darth Maul comes out. Some of the other accessories are a comlink, holoprojector, Jedi aqua breather, and Jedi Cloak. All of these items are very well done and will look great if you choose to use them.

OUTFIT - 10
Qui-Gon’s outfit is really outstanding overall and the detail in it is as good as we’ve seen from any of the other Jedi. Sideshow’s color choices match what we saw on screen in TPM to a “T”. The material appears to be from what I can tell pretty close to what they used on screen as well. The poncho is also pretty awesome and really fits the figure much better than I anticipated.

VALUE - 10
At $50 dollars to be able to get the best Qui-Gon figure out there is highway robbery. The crazy amount of detail in Qui-Gon shows why Sideshow is the best at what they do. This Qui-Gon is the exact reason why nobody but SS should be doing Star Wars figures in the 12” format.

OVERALL - 9
This figure was overall much better than I thought it would be. I’m very happy to have this guy in my collection as Qui-Gon is one of my favorite Jedi but the hand issue did kind of bug the crap out of me. Now, that I have him all posed the way I want I look at him and think, "Man, what a amazing job!" It also makes me look forward to Darth Maul that much more.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt- 9
Paint - 10
Articulation - 8.5
Accessories - 10
Outfit - 10
Value - 10
Overall - 9

Darth Maul Inclusive

INTRODUCTION
Darth Maul is the first known apprentice to Darth Sidious. He had no memory of his childhood and along with that Sidious raised him to have nothing more than a bloodlust and rage. As part of the way he allowed him self to show his love for the Dark Side was he got his whole muscular body tattooed in Sith Tattoos.

He was abandoned by Sidious on an outer rim world to help train him. After a month of being alone on this out rim world he returned and was challenged Sidious. He lost the battle and when he was told he would no longer be the Sith apprentice Maul nearly defeated Sidious.

Maul was super skilled with a Lightsaber specifically Form VII. This would help him defeat many opponents on his way to the Dual of Fates in Episode 1. His mission in The Phantom Menace was to capture the Queen of Naboo and kill the two Jedi. He was partially successful in this mission. During his battle with the Jedi he was able to take out Qui-Gon Jinn. However, due to his ego getting in the way his Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi was able to slice Maul in half.

Sideshow Collectibles made Darth Maul the second figure in their Lords Of The Sith Line though he is actually the Eighth to ship. Darth Maul was put up for sale back in June of 2006 as the first Inclusive Figure. The man given the chance to sculpt Darth Maul was the outstanding sculptor Oluf W. Hartvigson.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular, Exclusive Formats, and now Inclusive. This review of the Darth Maul figure will be of the Inclusive Version.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow with the Darth Maul figure stayed with the same box design they had used on the every Star Wars figure making it very collector friendly. As with the with all the figures before Darth Maul you will get a cool gold sticker letting you know which version you received. A long the side of the box you have the name of the figure and at the bottom. On both sides you get great shots of the Darth Maul figure and on the back of the box you get another great shot with some nice pictures from TPM. Along with some of the upcoming figures located at the bottom

When you go to open this figure instead of the standard one panel you get multiple panels again as you did with the previous figures in this line. Once opened you see text talking about the Lords Of The Sith Line which is what Darth Maul like the others falls into, next you will see his accessories (which I’ll go into later), then a description of the character, and finally the panel in which the character is held in.

SCULPTING - 10
Oluf did some of the best work I’ve ever seen when it comes to figures in this scale. It is dead on to Ray Park and what he looked like as Darth Maul. The horns are very well sculpted to and have a very real life look to them.

PAINT - 10
The paint job on this Maul is some of the best work to ever come from Sideshow. The Sith tattoos have to be some of the hardest work they have done and it came out amazing. It looks dead on to what we saw on screen in TPM. This was something I was worried about when he was shipping but those fears where quickly erased.

ARTICULATION - 10
The articulation is awesome on this figure. With this figure I had no problems capturing any pose I wanted to try.

ACCESSORIES - 10
The Inclusive Maul comes with a couple more items than the regular which is something a little different. He comes with his Lightsaber that gets cut in half except you get both halves.

Maul comes with normal set of extra hands helps which we have come to expect and even has a hand that will go with his probe droids that ship later. Maul comes with an insane amount of Lightsabers even more than what you normally get. You get a dual ignited Lightsaber, single ignited Lightsaber, unignited Lightsaber, and of course each half of his battle damaged Lightsaber (one of the halves is still ignited). He also comes with his electro binoculars and his Sith hood. All of these items are very well done and will look great no matter how many of the dozens of poses you choose.

OUTFIT - 10
Maul’s outfit is really outstanding overall and the detail in it is as good as we’ve seen from any of the other figures in this line. Sideshow nailed how Maul’s outfit looked in TPM. The material appears to be from what I can tell pretty close to what they used on screen as well.

VALUE - 10
At $55 dollars to be able to get the best Maul figure ever is highway robbery. The amount of stuff you get with the Inclusive Maul makes me so happy Sideshow gave as many people as possible a chance to get him. While I’ve seen the Hasbro Maul’s and they do look nice this is the very reason I’m glad SS has this license.

OVERALL - 10
This figure matched the personal level I wanted him to be at. I am so happy Sideshow nailed Maul and has given me the Maul figure I’ve always wanted. Now, that I have him posed to match one of my Autograph Maul pictures I’ll be eager with anticipation of my Darth Maul Premium Format. Maul is my personal favorite character and they did my guy justice!!

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging- 10
Sculpt- 10
Paint- 10
Articulation- 10
Accessories- 10
Outfit- 10
Value- 10
Overall- 10

Bib Fortuna

INTRODUCTION
Bib Fortuna a Twi’lek who hailed from the planet Ryloth was sentenced to death for helping start a drug trade. He was able to escape his imprisonment and landed on Tatooine helping the infamous Jabba The Hutt. Through his work in Jabba’s operation he finally became his chief aide.

After being in Jabba’s service he used this position to plot against Jabba. He was in the process of but the Rebel Alliance put that on hold when they came to rescue Han Solo from Jabba. When the Rebels turned the tide on Jabba at the Pit Of Carkoon Bib escaped and took off on his personal skiff.

He raced back to Jabba’s Palace where he met some B’moarr Monks who lived below in the catacombs of the palace. These monks lived either has humans or with their brains in nutrient jars on walking spiders. They decided the ole brain in the jar was the best for Bib. Eventually Bib would figure out how to transfer his consciousness to another Twi’lek criminal Firith Olan so he could continue his criminal operations.

Sideshow Collectibles made Bib Fortuna the second figure in their Scum and Villainy Line though he is actually the Ninth to ship. Bib was put up for sale back in July of 2006. The man given the chance to sculpt Bib was Tim Miller of Bad Egg Studios.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular, Exclusive Formats, and now Inclusive. This review of the Bib Fortuna figure will be of the Exclusive Version.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow with the Bib Fortuna figure stayed with the same box design they had used on the every Star Wars figure making it very collector friendly. As with the with all the figures before Bib Fortuna you will get a cool gold sticker letting you know which version you received. A long the side of the box you have the name of the figure and at the bottom. On both sides you get great shots of the Bib Fortuna figure and on the back of the box you get another great shot with some nice pictures from ROTJ. Along with some of the upcoming figures located at the bottom.

When you go to open this figure instead of the standard one panel you get multiple panels again as you did with the previous figures in this line. Once opened you see text talking about the Scum and Villiany which is what Bib falls under, next you will see his accessories (which I’ll go into later), then a description of the character, and finally the panel in which the character is held in.

SCULPTING - 10
Tim Miller work on Bib is some of the best work we’ve seen in the Star Wars Line to date. It is virtually dead on to what Bib looked like on screen in ROTJ and really makes you think just how gross looking the character is. Tim’s sculpt is one that shows the potential greatness in this line.

PAINT - 10
The paint job on my Bib is some of the best work to ever come from Sideshow. The skin color matches really well what we saw on screen in ROTJ. Another piece from Sideshow that really matched the prototype we saw at SDCC this summer.

ARTICULATION - 9
The body articulation on this figure is as good as always with the Star Wars figures. However, due to the fact his head sculpt is unique it limits the different poses because his head only can move so far.

ACCESSORIES - 8
Bib’s exclusive accessory is his Ceremonial Staff. This item was never seen in ROTJ and an accessory on his Kenner Figure from the Original Toy Line. Bib comes with normal set of extra hands helps which we have come to expect. Bib also comes with his Knife, Jabba’s favorite Frog Snack, and a drinking glass.

OUTFIT - 10
Bib’s outfit is really outstanding overall and the detail in it is as good as we’ve seen from any of the other figures in this line. Sideshow did an amazing job making Bib’s outfit look as it did in ROTJ. The material appears to be from what I can tell pretty close to what they used on screen as well.

VALUE - 9
At $55 dollars to be able to get the best Bib figure ever is really a good deal. Bib has a great sculpt and great outfit but not much in the way of accessories. I’d like to have seen his price be a bit lower or some more items added.

OVERALL - 9
This figure matched what we saw at SDCC in July and this I think has helped make it a fan favorite. This is the type of figure we expect from Sideshow and with him and Maul showing what they can do. The skies the limit to how good this line can be.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 10
Paint - 10
Articulation - 9
Accessories - 8
Outfit - 10
Value - 9
Overall - 9

Salacious Crumb

INTRODUCTION
Salacious B. Crumb a Kowakian monkey-lizard was the court Jester for Jabba The Hutt. Salacious met Jabba when the Hutt’s personal starship was docked. He managed to sneak his way on to the craft and when Jabba, Bib, and Bildo Kwerve came back Salacious was there to toss food at them. This made all three angry but after some time Jabba became so fond of Salacious that he told him if Salacious could make him laugh once a day he would let him live, and get all the food he wanted. However, Salacious would die on Jabba’s Sail Barge during the explosion.

Another creature that was known in Jabba’s Palace was Ghoel. A Wol Caba^^^^e who was left behind in the palace many years ago is a evolved descendent of parasitic slugs. Though he doesn’t look it Ghoel is actually is very intelligent. He uses his tongue to taste the people, droids, and aliens that walk by him.

Sideshow Collectibles made Salacious, Ghoel, and friends the first creature pack and the third figure in their Scum and Villainy Line though he is actually the 10th to ship. Salacious was put up for sale back in July of 2006.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular, Exclusive Formats, and now Inclusive. This review of the Salacious figure will be of the Inclusive Version.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow with the Salacious Creature Pack stayed with nearly the same design they have with all the figures. The only difference is that instead of multiple windows you only get one. You still get all the same info telling you about the line and creatures in the pack and that they belong in the Scum and Villainy Line. As with all the other figures before Salacious comes with a cool sticker telling you which version you are receiving. A long the side of the box you have the name of the figure and at the bottom. On both sides you get great shots of Salacious and the other creatures on the back of the box you get another great shot with some nice pictures from ROTJ. Along with some of the upcoming figures located at the bottom.

SCULPTING - 10
The work done on Salacious and the other creatures is really well done. Very nice details especially since none of these are very big at all. When looking at Salacious you just see the court jester personality coming out in him.

PAINT - 10
The paint job is as good on these little guys as they have been on any of the bigger pieces in the line. Comparing stills of ROTJ to this figure Salacious matches perfectly.

ARTICULATION - 2
There is nearly no articulation in these figures at all. Salacious has some movement in his arms and Ghoel has a tongue that you can bend. Other than that there is not much here.

ACCESSORIES - 10
Salacious is the main figure in this pack. However, you also get Ghoel, Sand Skitter, and Dwarf Varactyl. I’m giving these guys a 10 because of how they will compliment the bigger picture being Jabba’s Palace setup.

OUTFIT - N/A
No outfit here.

VALUE - 10
At $33 dollars to be able have items that will help you create the best Jabba setup we’ve seen is awesome! At $8 a figure when you break it down this is a much better buy than if you went out and bought some Hasbro figures as Wal-Mart.

OVERALL - 10
I’m giving this Creature Pack a ten because of overall how well these figures are done but also because of what they lend to completing.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 10
Paint - 10
Articulation - 2
Accessories - 10
Outfit - N/1A
Value - 10
Overall - 10

Sith Probe Droids

INTRODUCTION
The Sith Probe Droids used in TPM are known as Dark Eye Probe Droid. The droids where developed by Arakyd Industries for use by the Sith before the Clone Wars. These droids where passive spy units and plated with energy absorbing armor that kept it from being detected by most sensors. They could be mounted with many types of weapons ranging from blaster cannons to poison needles. Darth Maul carried three of these with him on his missions watching the Black Sun and when he was tracking Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Padme on Naboo.

Sideshow Collectibles made the Sith Probe Droids the first expansion pack in their 1/6th line. The Probe Droids where put up for sale back in June of 2006 as the second inclusive item. The Sideshow Collectibles Team sculpted the Probe Droids.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular, Exclusive Formats, and now Inclusive. This review for the Inclusive Sith Probe Droid Pack.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow stayed with the same very friendly design that they started this line with. It’s also the last item we see for a while with the original imagery with the New 30th Anniversary style coming. Inside much like with the Salacious Pack you only get one window telling you about the item and one window with the items showing.

SCULPTING - 10
The sculpting done on these Droids are very well done with even the smallest detail not going undone. When looking at these you feel like these jumped off screen. Even the eye of the piece looks like glass and if you have Maul you must get these!

PAINT - 10
The paint job on these are nicely done. These would be difficult to paint because of their size.

ARTICULATION - N/A
While these are great there is no articulation.

ACCESSORIES - 10
This is a hard category do decide on honestly. I’m going to give them a 10 because of what they add to Darth Maul since they are his accessory in a way. This does come with not only 1 but 2 sand bases so the Droids have one and you can add one to any of your figures. It also comes with a second droid control for you to put on your figures.

OUTFIT - N/A
No outfits for these.

VALUE - 10
At $25 dollars or $8 and change per Droid they’re well worth it. They’re much nicer than anything we’ve ever gotten from Hasbro with similar type items. They also add so much possibility to Darth Maul vs Qui-Gon.

OVERALL - 10
I’m torn on what the overall raiting should be honestly. I’m giving it a 10 because again the item is awesome and well done but it also adds a lot to Maul. Also as far as accessory items go this is one of the best items.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 10
Paint - 10
Articulation - N/A
Accessories - 10
Outfit - N/A
Value - 10
Overall - 10

Jabba The Hutt

INTRODUCTION
Jabba The Hutt was born on the planet Nal Hutta. Jabba took over total control of the Desilicjic Kajidic in the year 2BBY when he killed of Jiliac’s offspring. When Jabba took over he was at the ripe old age of 80 he set up his criminal empire on the planet of Tatooine.

Jabba was known to even meddle in the affairs of the Jedi Order. The first known encounter with the Jedi Order was when Ki-Adi Mundi’s daughter and friend where enslaved by the Hutt. During Mundi’s trek to free his daughter he did find that Jabba was helping the Trade Federation arm for its attack on Naboo.

Two of the Saga’s most known characters came into contact between the events above and the events of ANH. During the Clone Wars a young boy would come into contact with Jabba upon reading his father’s journal. That boy was none other than Boba Fett. Jabba took Boba in because he owed Jango a favor for killing a rival several years before. The other character that would come into contact with Jabba would be that scruffy looking nerf herder Han Solo. Han would so impress Jabba with his ability that he would be given the mission of making it across the Kessel Run.

Jabba was able to capture his greatest prize during the events of ROTJ. Thanks to Darth Vader and Boba Fett he got Han Solo captured after many attempts to have him killed. However, the Rebellion wanted Han back as badly as Jabba wanted him so they planned a way to free Han. Leia would dress as the Bounty Hunter Boushh using Chewie as bait to get in Jabba’s Palace. Leia would later free Han but they would be caught and she would become his newest slave girl. Luke would show up and to get everyone back threatening Jabba but he would be surprised when he got dropped into a Rancor Pit. Jabba though would come to his end at the Pit of Carkoon when Luke, Han, and Lando would pull of a great escape. While all this was going on Leia would choke Jabba to death with her chain.

As usual Sideshow has three different ways they name their items. They have Exclusive, Inclusive, and Regular. This review will be for the Inclusive Jabba and the Regular Throne (which was a domestic exclusive).

PACKAGING - 6
The packaging design on Jabba and his throne are different from any of the other figures from this line for two reasons. The first being he and his throne are so freaking huge that they are in much bigger boxes, and are not done with the normal multiple window boxes. The design is also different with these boxes using the new Lucas Mandated 30th Anniversary Design. However, both boxes have all the same great information and upcoming products.

SCULPTING - 10
The amount of detail on Jabba and his Throne are simply insane. On Jabba you can see literally every wrinkle, fat roll and suction cup on his underside. The face area is especially well done and captures the years of experience Jabba has gone through. The Throne is exceptionally well done! The work on this piece truly looks like stone for the main area and the grate in the center looks like metal. Also on his Hookah the little detail work is so well done it looks like someone really engraved the metal. The frog snack area might just be the best kept little secret to those who just glance at Jabba. Why? Sideshow went as far as to put one of the Frog Snacks in there. Another very nice touch on this piece is the little heads all around the base. They look like they are done in nicely casted Bronze and even have metal rings in the mouth area.

The Sideshow Collectibles Team should get a well deserved hand on their back for the work on Jabba and his Throne.

PAINT - 10
Jabba was a piece that could have presented issues for the production pieces but I cannot find any. The blending of the green’s, brown’s, other colors look simply fantastic. It truly gives the look that this green slug could be real and appears to be Jabba captured directly from your ROTJ DVD. They eyes are also just beautifully well done. They are so life like because of the wonderful mixes of Oranges and the wet life like look.

The Throne’s paint job is also very nicely done though a little simpler. The stone work again because of the paint looks just like stone. The railing gives off a bronze look because of the fantastic paint work on it as do the small heads along the base.

ARTICULATION - 1
Jabba has very little articulation at all. His two arms are ball jointed leaving only certain poses which is fine considering everything else about Jabba. The Throne has no articulation.

ACCESSORIES - 7
The thing that separates the Inclusive Jabba from the regular is his ceremonial cup which he uses on his sail barge during the Pit of Carkoon Scene of ROTJ.

The accessories included with Jabba and his Throne are important to this overall setup. The pillows, food, and Hookah, and his little cup add a nice touch. The detail work on these items makes them appear to be about as real as you can expect.

OUTFIT - N/A
Jabba doesn’t have to wear a thing when he looks this good.

VALUE - 10
Alright, I know someone is gonna go this guy is just plain nuts. How can two items costing a total of $320 before shipping. When I saw this at SDCC in July of last year I knew I had to have these items. I looked at it and literally walked to the desk and ordered them. They are HUGE (shipping weight of 49 lbs total) and I cannot emphasize this enough to anyone who has not seen this item. These two items will stand out in any collection no matter what it’s made out of. The amazing detail, paint job, and size make these so worth your purchase. If you don’t have them get them before it’s too late.

OVERALL - 10
This is the most perfect Jabba and Throne setup ever made and I believe it will never be touched by another collectibles company. The acclaim this piece is getting from collectors is some of the most unanimous of any item I’ve ever seen. As a Star Wars fan this item just might be the coolest in my collection

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 6
Sculpt - 10
Paint - 10
Articulation - 1
Accessories - 7
Outfit - N/A
Value - 10
Overall - 10

small tip josh..........maybe links in the 1st post to the individual reviews?

I know. This is for the review section. I did these reviews in conjunction with another site. These are for the review section and have no site affiliation except with here.

Ender Rebel Solider (Infantry)

INTRODUCTION
The Militaries Of Star Wars line is a line that will allow Sideshow Collectibles to delve into all the soldiers from this Saga. Needless to say this line presents some challenges with the armored characters that will be coming like Clones, Stormtroopers, and Sandtroopers. However the start of this line got off to a somewhat controversial start with the choice of the Fighting Force of Endor. Sideshow announced three from this group to head the start of the Militaries line.

They where sold in a most unique way we’ve seen something sold in the Star Wars line. Sideshow gave several options to buy these three figures. If you wanted to you could buy all three together in a bundle or the old fashioned way individually.

The Rebel Alliance was formed in the late stages of the Clone Wars well before the Battle of Endor. As things begin to unfold the Alliance needed soldiers willing to fight for the cause. These soldiers did that and at the Battle of Endor things would finally come to an end for the Empire. If not for guys in the infantry like this soldier here the Empire may have won.

If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular, Exclusive, and Inclusive Formats. This review is for the Infantry Soldier and he was sold ONLY in regular format.

PACKAGING - 10
Sideshow with these figures has stayed with the style of the box that has become so popular. As always it’s as collector friendly as anything you can find on the market. The only thing that has changed is the new 30th anniversary design which we saw on Jabba and his Throne. This has all the other aspects we expect on past boxes mixing figure pictures with movie pictures. This figure being the regular it lacks the gold exclusive sticker.

As with the other boxes on the inside you get multiple panels which display the figure beautifully along with all the accessories. After opening this figure you also notice something else that hasn’t changed. You get a great back story on the Military line and the grunt himself.

SCULPTING - 10
The hard thing about grading the sculpting on this figure was it’s not based on anyone. In what appears to be a generic looking soldier Sideshow did an outstanding job. The hands on this figure and the rest of the group are sculpted gloves and came out looking very nice.

PAINT - 9
Really the painting detail on this piece came out looking like what we expect from Sideshow. The skin color is great as are the color on the gloves in matching the outfit. Where I have a problem with the paint is in the eyes and how they look from a distance. It almost looks as if the eyes are looking down though they’re straight ahead.

ARTICULATION - 8.5
The overall articulation with this figure is really very good. I could pretty much get any pose I wanted with this figure. There where a few poses I couldn’t get with the gun which did cut down a couple options I wanted. Something I’ve found to not be an issue on the figures with lightsabers.

ACCESSORIES - 8.5
There isn’t much in the way of accessories with these figures. You get a helmet which is nicely put together and their backpack. The coolest part of the accessories items is the gun which for this guy is the A-295 Blaster rifle. His backpack is also quite nice and is the best of the three figures backpacks.

OUTFIT - 10
The outfit on this figure is among the most impressive in the entire Star Wars line. There are so many little details in the outfit you really need to take time see them all. This outfit and the others from the Endor Boys show just how cool things can get with this complete line.

VALUE - 8.5
For $59 I’d like to see a little more in the way of accessories with this guy. The outfit and sculpt make it worth the money but you just don’t get enough with this guy.

OVERALL - 8.5
I am glad I got this guy and wouldn’t have thought twice about ordering him. The costume and sculpt are so very very good they make this figure what it is. Also the rifle and the backpack are quite nice and make the accessories as cool as they can be. Outside the lack of more accessories items he’s a winner.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 10
Paint - 9
Articulation - 8.5
Accessories - 8.5
Outfit - 10
Value - 8.5
Overall - 8.5

Nik Sant

INTRODUCTION
Like all militaries the Rebellion had its own unique soldiers amongst the masses. Nik Sant was a soldier that stood out from the rest on screen while watching this battle. Why? Well, when you look like you’re old enough to be someone’s grandfather it’s gonna happen. This look garnered Nik the nickname “gramps” from his fellow troopers. However, his age did not stop him from being one the Rebel’s leading survival experts. He also helped plan the gorilla-like attacks used on key Empire targets. His most pivotal role though came when he helped pick the strike team that would destroy the shield generator for the second Death Star..

Like with the other troopers the Nik was sold in the 3-Pack Bundle or by itself. If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular, Exclusive, and Inclusive Formats. This review is for Nik Sant which was an Exclusive through Sideshow’s site only.

PACKAGING - 10
Nik’s packaging is what we’ve come to expect when we receive our Star Wars figures. You will not find a more collector friendly box than what you get from Sideshow. The only thing that has changed is the new 30th anniversary which will be the thing for this years figures. The other aspects of the box have not changed with great pics of the figure and scenes from ROTJ.

As with the other boxes on the inside you get multiple panels which display the figure beautifully as well as the accessories. You also get a great story on the Rebels and Gramps.

SCULPTING - 9
The sculpt on Nik is very good it’s not quite as exact as Brant’, and being based on an actual person unlike the Infantry Soldier. It does capture his age very well though and he does look like someone fitting of the title “Gramps”. Sideshow also did a nice job capturing how thick his beard appears to be from the screen caps that can be found of Nik.

PAINT - 8
The skin tone on Nik is pretty good. It might be a tad darker than he appears on screen but not bad at all. However, the paint around the eyes and the paint color of the eyes are where the problems lie. There is a distinct redness around Nik’s eyes as well as some bleeding which went into the eyes. Making it appears as Nik went on long holiday and had a lot of fun. This to me takes away from an otherwise really nice figure

ARTICULATION - 9
Again as I did with Brant and the Infantry getting a couple of poses seemed difficult. It came trying to get some of the more military poses. Nik was the easiest for me to get some of the poses I wanted which is why he gets the highest rating of the three in this category. I will be curious as more military figures come out if getting poses will be easier especially as armored figures come out..

ACCESSORIES - 8.5
There just aren’t enough accessories with these three figures. The helmet, backpack, and rifle for a figure this cool just isn’t enough. The coolest part of the accessories items is the gun which for this guy is the A-295 Blaster rifle. Don’t get me wrong the rest of the items are nice but we could have used some grenades, pistol, etc to help add to the different poses.

OUTFIT - 9.5
Nik’s outfit while equally as nice as the other two is simplest of the Endor Boys. His shirts are very simple but still nice. The rest of his outfit equals the other two figures in terms of detail and quality. Then you toss in the pouches and his Bandolier this makes a impressive military outfit.

VALUE - 8.5
This figure and the other two in terms of quality justify the price. However, at $59 dollars I would like to see more accessory items coming with these figures and I believe others feel this way as well. If we could just get more little things with these non-armored military guys I would have no problems giving them 9-10 on value.

OVERALL - 8
Out of the three Endor Troopers Nik gets my worst rating. There are two main reasons he gets ranked this low the lack of accessory items and the paint around the eyes. The rifle is very cool and helps push this figure towards being what it is but just isn’t quite enough. Then you toss in the fact his eyes just aren’t painted looking as nice as what I would expect he loses two points. I would suggest getting Nik, Infantry, or Brant they’re very cool figures and do add a nice bit of spice to the collection.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 9
Paint - 8
Articulation - 9
Accessories - 8.5
Outfit - 9.5
Value - 8.5
Overall - 8

Endor Soldier (Brant Trooper)

INTRODUCTION
The space battle that helped end the Galactic Civil War could not have happened with out the ground forces on Endor. They aided in the battle by blowing up the shield generator that protected the Death Star 2. However, these soldiers did need some help in order to get to the generators. The help they received was from an unlikely source and that source was the Ewoks. Between the Rebel Alliance and the Ewoks not even the Empire could with hold the sweeping changes.

Like with the other troopers the Sergeant was sold in the 3-Pack Bundle or by itself. If you are familiar with Sideshow Collectibles they do things in Regular, Exclusive, and Inclusive Formats. This review is for the Sergeant which was an Exclusive through Sideshow’s site only.

PACKAGING - 10
The Sergeants packaging is what we’ve come to expect when we receive our Star Wars figures. As always it’s as collector friendly as anything you can find on the market. The only thing that has changed is the new 30th anniversary which will be the thing for this years figures. The other aspects of the box have not changed with great pics of the figure and scenes from ROTJ.

As with the other boxes on the inside you get multiple panels which display the figure beautifully as well as the accessories. You also get a great story on the Rebels and the Sergeant.

SCULPTING - 10
As hard as it was to really think about the Infantry figure that looked like nobody I had someone to base this off of. The sculpt is based on the Production Manager at Sideshow Collectibles Brant Bridges. This turned out as dead on and is as cool as it gets to see someone you actually know made into a figure. I have to say if I was to ever get turned into a figure it would turn out as nice as Brant’s.

PAINT - 10
The paint on the Sergeant turned out fantastic. The skin tone is as good as anything we’ve seen from any figure so far. Unlike with the Infantry and Nik Sant the Sergeant has nothing wrong with the yes. I believe people will be the most pleased with the paint job on this figure.

ARTICULATION - 8.5
I ran into the same issues with this guy as I did the other two figures. Some of the more military poses I found harder to get. I did have a little easier time finding more poses for Brant than I did with the Infantry Soldier due to the looser fitting jacket. Again, I do find posing the Jedi and Sith Figures easier than the military guys so far.

ACCESSORIES - 8.5
As with the other figures there just isn’t much here. You get the helmet, backpack, and wrist communicator which are all nicely done. The coolest part of the accessories items is the gun which for this guy is the A-280 Blaster rifle. His backpack is also quite nice and is the best of the three figures backpacks. Just like with the infantry this figure would a 10 here if he had more accessories.

OUTFIT - 10
As impressive as any of the other two troopers he’s to me a little cooler. I love the jacket on the Brant Trooper and it really gives him a cool look. Another nice thing about the jacket is if you wanted to take it off you could use it on the Han Solo figure to make him Endor Han. Then you toss in the pouches and his Bandolier this makes a perfect military outfit.

VALUE - 8.5
At $59 and not a lot of accessories the cost probably the Brant Trooper is probably $5 dollars off. The outfit and sculpt make it worth the money but you just don’t get enough with this guy. This guy just needs a few more accessories and he would be a 9-10 on value.

OVERALL - 9
Out of the three Endor Troopers this is by far my favorite. The costume and sculpt are the best of the bunch and the fact it matches a friend it just adds to the overall value. The rifle is very cool and helps push this figure towards being a 10 but the lack of other items doesn’t help its cause. If I could only pick one of these three guys I would pick the Brant Trooper hands down.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 10
Paint - 10
Articulation - 8.5
Accessories - 8.5
Outfit - 10
Value - 9
Overall - 9

Yavin Luke

INTRODUCTION
Sideshow Collectibles choose the first figure of their whole 12-inch line to be none other than Luke Skywalker himself. This version of Luke Skywalker comes from the Order of the Jedi line in Sideshows 12-inch Star Wars line and represents Luke from Episode Six: Return of the Jedi.

For the recently completed Celebration IV Sideshow Collectibles did something special in honor of the 30th Anniversary. They made a special figure for the convention with a base that honored the 30th. It was again none other than Luke Skywalker from the Yavin IV Celebration at the end of Episode IV: A New Hope.

Much like the Darth Vader figure from San Diego Comic-Con last year this figure is a unique piece. Why? Well, as we know Sideshow Collectibles uses the regular, exclusive, or inclusive feature combo. Well, like Vader a year ago this figure was an exclusive only.

PACKAGING - 10
Luke’s box is as nice as always and has the nice and simple look of the new 30th Anniversary design. As always it’s as collector friendly as anything you can find on the market. The box unlike most of the other pieces we’ve seen is a one window box. This is due the fact he only has really two accessory items. On par with the rest of the boxes you get great shots of the figure and images from the movie all along the box. You also get a great story on is portion of Luke’s history.

SCULPTING - 7.5
I was really twisted on how I feel about this sculpt. It looks like Hamill and it doesn’t all at the same time. From dead on it is pretty much right there with how he looks at this point in his life. However, from the profile it isn’t quite as solid as I would have thought. Also unlike the other SS figures from this line there are little details missing. No cracks in the lips to show the detail in that area.

PAINT - 8.5
The paint on the skin tone is really quite nice and as good as anything in the line. It matches quite well with the pics I can find of Hamill on the net. However, there are two areas on this figure that drop it the 1.5. The hair has all kinds of things going on. There’s some blonde, brown, and some odd black mixed in. This gives the hair a strange look when you take a peek up close. Another area is the eyes. They appear to be the wrong color and have a strange red line going around them. I’ve never noticed this on any of my other figures.

ARTICULATION - 10
I had no problems getting any of the possible poses I had thought about using. Also the way the arms hang on Luke shows that SS is making adjustments to the body and improving the articulation. I think most fans will be as pleased as I am with the articulation they find when posing Luke.

ACCESSORIES - 10
I know. How do you give an item like this a 10 when it has two accessories? Well, they’re both vital to the figures look for it to match what we saw on screen. The Medal of Yavin is a must of course and looks quite nice. Then you have his blaster which he must have borrowed from Princess Leia so that adds some specialness to it. Then you toss in the base is a Special 30th Anniversary Edition and you have a real winner.

OUTFIT - 10
The outfit is really fantastic. Much like the Endor guys his outfit is very nicely done and detailed. The sewing and stitching on the jacket is very nice and the jacket fits the figure quite well. Something some people had issues with on the Han Solo figure. The pants are somewhat similar to Hans but look as nice on him as they did on Han. The boots are also very nice as is the gun belt.

VALUE - 8
Luke had two price points $55 for those who where able to attend Celebration IV and $59 for those that could not. Overall, the figure could probably be about $5 bucks cheaper for both versions. It’s a very nice figure but the issues and the fact other than the accessories he “must” have it’s hard to say he should be the same cost as say Darth Maul.

OVERALL- 8
Luke overall as I said is a very nice figure and one if you want those special moments from Star Wars you should get. He has enough issues with the paint and sculpt to drop it some and then you toss in the price factor. I would get Luke without even a second thought but there are other versions of this character I do look forward to more.

RATINGS RECAP
Packaging - 10
Sculpt - 7.5
Paint - 8.5
Articulation - 10
Accessories - 10
Outfit - 10
Value - 8
Overall - 8

Back