Amoktime Gort/Klaatu (Day the Earth Stood Still) review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
It’s more sixth scale tonight – and more on Sunday night too! There’s a new company in the market: Amoktime. These folks are retailers who are making the jump to makers, and they are focusing on the great B movies of the 50’s, 60’s and 70’s to start. They’ve already announced a ton of licenses, ranging from Blacula to I Was a Teenage Werewolf. Their first release is Gort and Klaatu from the classic The Day the Earth Stood Still, particularly timely since the film has been remade for release later this year. My review of the pair is up tonight, and there’s lots of good with just a few minor issues. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Thanks for the review Michael! Oh, if only I could get my hands on those... I know some fellow boardmen have these already on order, but they are not easy to come by here in Europe. £90 ($170) shipping excluded (!) is quite a difference to the original US price of approximately $100...

I'm a robot freak, and since Gort is one of the oldest representatives of his kind out there, it's a must buy for me.

Thanks for the review Michael! Oh, if only I could get my hands on those... I know some fellow boardmen have these already on order, but they are not easy to come by here in Europe. £90 ($170) shipping excluded (!) is quite a difference to the original US price of approximately $100...

I'm a robot freak, and since Gort is one of the oldest representatives of his kind out there, it's a must buy for me.

Let me know if you want me to order one for you and ship it to you. Might come out cheaper that way.

Re: Gort & Klaatu Review

Cool figures, gotta thank amok for releasing those.

Gort's huge!

Looks like Amok has some really cool figures coming at last. I wonder what else they'll do.

I'd kind of like an "It" to go next to my eventual Giger Alien.

And that Rondo Hatton is awesome! I wonder how tall he is?

:lol :lol I also mentioned this in the Amok Time figure thread... guess a number of us are anticipating this figure.

I'm stoked they turned out so nice, and makes me even more stoked for the Blacula figure :rock

Yeah, if he turns out as nice as the proto (which these seem too) I think he'll be a classic... may replace Collins on my shelf of Vampires.

Back