Sideshow 1/6 Star Wars Figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darkknight

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm thinking about jumping into collecting SS Star Wars 1/6 figures. Since I already got CW Obi and Darth Vader on preorder. Is it worth collecting? I'm looking for the exclusives mostly. Obi-Wan ROTS, Mace Windu, Anakin/Darth Vader, Anakin ROTS. Any advise if these are great sculpts and worth purchasing. Thanks.

Hey guys, I'm thinking about jumping into collecting SS Star Wars 1/6 figures. Since I already got CW Obi and Darth Vader on preorder. Is it worth collecting? I'm looking for the exclusives mostly. Obi-Wan ROTS, Mace Windu, Anakin/Darth Vader, Anakin ROTS. Any advise if these are great sculpts and worth purchasing. Thanks.

No Star Wars sucks. I buy them to get the styrofoam inserts.

All you mentioned above are worth it IMO, although the paint apps on ROTS Anakin are pretty sub-par compared to how they should have been. You should look into getting the Exclusive Return of the Jedi Luke. I think he's one of the best SW figures Sideshow put out.

I've got Obi Wan ROTS, Mace Windu, SDCC Anakin, Darth Maul, Han Solo exclusives if you're interested in the lot. Drop me a PM if you want to work it out.

In all seriousness, I think most of the exclusives for SW are not worth the extra expense on ebay.

I always think I want the exclusive item, but I rarely actually use/display it.

I find exclusives pretty useless, but there's people who just love 'em. Which is just fine.
I have all four you mentioned (actually, I had, I sold the exclusive Vader) and out of those, straight out of the box Obi Wan and Mace look fantastic. Obi has a bit of a big nogging, but looks alright. Anakin and Vader are pretty bad out of the box. The HS is bad and the paint apps are atrocious.
If you get a Darren Carnall retooled Anakin HS, however, it is a totally different story.

Hey guys, I'm thinking about jumping into collecting SS Star Wars 1/6 figures ... Is it worth collecting?

Yes.

2757518195_00551bd595_o.jpg

The only ones that i would not get are.....

ANH Leia
Darth Maul
Bespin Han
Yavin Luke
Snow bunny Padme
Secura

Your mileage may vary.

The only two that I think are essential are ROTJ Luke and ANH Kenobi, and if you don't like figures of old men, that basically leaves Jedi Luke.

ANH Leia
Darth Maul
Bespin Han
Yavin Luke
Snow bunny Padme
Secura

Get Maul, it's not as evil in the portrait as the Medi or poseable, but it's one of the best figures in this line. Some of the others in this list you can live with or without depending on your tastes but I think Maul turned out very well.

Fantastic pics monk!
I'm going to use them as a reference "catalogue".
The buck body is a bit awkward, but once you understand how it works, you can always find cool poses.

Personally I don't collect the exclusives (though I'm not in the position to get them for the regular price) they aren't really that important to me as I don't even display all the accessories now. Now the actual figures, I'm not a completist but any of the ones you spoke of are all great figs, ROTS Anakin & Obi IMO both needed a touch up with a brush (Anakin needed the lip gloss removing & Obiwan needed his beard lightening up) I found Sith Anakin to be aceptable out of the box and with some water treatment to be one of my favourites.

Ohh yes MONK once again AWESOME pics! Palps vrs Mace want a pic!!!

PS.. The body on these are a bit awkward but once you het used to em you can get a few nice poses. Below is Sith Anakin with a bit of water treatment

Last edited:
Beautiful results from that water treatment, Shock. One of these days I'd like to man-up and give it a go with one or more of mine.

When the figure works, it works really well. Sometimes the heads (Kit, Aayla) by their nature can limit you, and other times inherent flaws in the figure (Bespin Luke's limp wrist, for instance) bring about way too much frustration.

Bespin Luke must of had a bad run as mine wasn't affected with a bad wrist
I struggled with posing this one though and it took me months to figure out a pose...
This is what I stuck with, apologiese for the bad photos as I suck with the camera

Back