White Queen to Wonder Woman convert custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
02a7_3.jpg

Very brave endeavor...but it paid off.

Looks sharp.

Agreed...I cringed a little at having a White Queen pulled out of the market (always regretted having to cancel mine), but Wonder Woman is another of my top female heroines. The customizer certainly did the likeness justice with this piece.

If only Sideshow had a DC licence. This character would be at the top of my wishlist.

I think its sort of a shame. They took an Adam Hughes White Queen and turned it into... someone's idea of Wonder Woman. Cuz that sure isn't how Adam has ever, or would ever, portray her.

Looks like how he'd do it to me.
huh. I suggest glasses. :D

WW and Emma Frost couldn't have more different body types. Adam renders WW with a very defined muscular stance, strong while still feminine body. Emma is all about soft alluring curves.

And that hair? That 1970's Charlies Angels feathered style? Adam draws WW with a lions mane of hair.

Additionally; Adam is VERY insistant that his version of WW never wear high heel boots. :nono

These are just the first things that come to mind; the face is wrong in many ways, as is the costume. But I'm not going to bore everyone with this.

If you know what to look for, you can see that this statue, while it might be fine for some folks, doesn't represent Adam's visions of who Wonder Woman is. But perhaps it wasn't meant to.

huh. I suggest glasses. :D

WW and Emma Frost couldn't have more different body types. Adam renders WW with a very defined muscular stance, strong while still feminine body. Emma is all about soft alluring curves.

And that hair? That 1970's Charlies Angels feathered style? Adam draws WW with a lions mane of hair.

Additionally; Adam is VERY insistant that his version of WW never wear high heel boots. :nono

These are just the first things that come to mind; the face is wrong in many ways, as is the costume. But I'm not going to bore everyone with this.

If you know what to look for, you can see that this statue, while it might be fine for some folks, doesn't represent Adam's visions of who Wonder Woman is. But perhaps it wasn't meant to.

Wow...

Tough crowd...

I think its sort of a shame. They took an Adam Hughes White Queen and turned it into... someone's idea of Wonder Woman. Cuz that sure isn't how Adam has ever, or would ever, portray her.

I think instead of just criticizing, adam should step up and make one happen then. :cool:

I think instead of just criticizing, adam should step up and make one happen then. :cool:

How? Sideshow doesn't have the license. And DC Direct is content doing stautes without Adam's input. He doesn't own the license to her, and he doesn't personally sculpt. So exactly how do you propose that Adam satisfy your, and other collectors' desire to have an official "Adam Hughes Wonder Woman Statue"?

Also; don't misunderstand; Adam isn't criticizing. His girlfriend is.

Back