While we are on topic of really big statues, RANCOR anybody?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I

iansilv

No wait- think about it. They could use a material other than polystone (too heavy) and they would do it in 1/4 scale. So- it would be about 4 ft, 2 inches tall. This is according to the star wars databank, which listed it as being about 5 meters tall. I guess it could be taller but hunched over.

Hey- they did a life-sized terminator t-800!

Thoughts?

Re: While we are on topic of really big statues, RANCOR anyb

Now you're dreaming. ;) Too big!

I've entertained the idea of a SS Rancor before but definitely not 1/4. Not sure how it could fit in with their license. I guess a 12" scale version might be a slim possibility somewhere down the road, but that's not really what I'm looking for. I would love it if they could do a smaller scale Maquette :woo

Hi Everyone,

There was a bronzed mini Rancor statue made by Applause in 1998 I believe. It's a good sculpt, just bad coloring (like Helm's Deep). It would need a good paint job by Rick or Paul to really bring out the statue. Applause made some really nice pieces in their collection. The Jabba Mini Statue is nice too (it has Salacious and Leia), but again, the coloring is blah. They had a real nice piece called Guardians of Peace. It's a scene of Qui Gon and Young Obi. It lights up and is painted. Here's a pic.

gop.jpg

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

JSAuctionService said:
I've inquired about the Bronze Rancor that was made many years ago, but they are very few, very far between, and VERY expensive.

That piece is amazing. Don't forget the MSRP was $3,000, so of course it's going to be expensive (Think of Gandalf the Bronze). It was sculpted by Randy Bowen. He also did several others including Vader, Boba Fett, and Chewbacca, but this one is my favorite. The marble base is beautiful. It would make an incredible set with Gandalf the Bronze. I think it's not nearly as well made as GTB, though. No way I would pay $3k for it. There were 50 made.

swbronze25mq.jpg

I remember in 1997 when I first saw that Fett.

I thought it was $300 and was ready to buy one. I then realized it was $3000! Doh!! I was really let down and I am STILL waiting for a good Fett statue. Come on Sideshow!

MAQUETTE FETT!!!

The Bowen Vader looks pretty bad though. Rancor is nice too.

Last edited:
elwood49 said:
That piece is amazing. Don't forget the MSRP was $3,000, so of course it's going to be expensive (Think of Gandalf the Bronze). It was sculpted by Randy Bowen. He also did several others including Vader, Boba Fett, and Chewbacca, but this one is my favorite. The marble base is beautiful. It would make an incredible set with Gandalf the Bronze. I think it's not nearly as well made as GTB, though. No way I would pay $3k for it. There were 50 made.

swbronze25mq.jpg

I think I might pay that for this piece. Considering only 50 were made, and it
looks fantastic, and it is bronze, and I love the look of the Rancor.

I like it as much or more than my Balrog Statue, and the Rancor is rarer.....

mrichards2002 said:
Hi Everyone,

There was a bronzed mini Rancor statue made by Applause in 1998 I believe. It's a good sculpt, just bad coloring (like Helm's Deep). It would need a good paint job by Rick or Paul to really bring out the statue. Applause made some really nice pieces in their collection. The Jabba Mini Statue is nice too (it has Salacious and Leia), but again, the coloring is blah. They had a real nice piece called Guardians of Peace. It's a scene of Qui Gon and Young Obi. It lights up and is painted. Here's a pic.

gop.jpg

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

They also made one of Ani and Qui-Gon guarding Padme outside her bedroom in AOTC............

Guardians of the Piece! :naughty :eek: :wacky

I agree with Gruson about the Vader bronze looking bad. I would just save my money and get the Attakus Vader I at that price. Here's an ebay auction for the Chewbacca bronze:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

It doesn't look so great either. I noticed that it's sculpted by A. Wasil, and not Randy Bowen. Clearly the Fett and Rancor are the best of the group.

Oh, and JS:

I'd much rather have that Rancor bronze than the Balrog, but that's just me. One is a $3,000 bronze and marble piece with an ES of 50 and one is a $300 piece made in China. Easy decision for me.

That's my thought every time I see it, Gruson. :mwaha

I hate bronze statues with a passion. Those Bowen's would've looked awesome as regular statues, especially Boba. :(

elwood49 said:
I agree with Gruson about the Vader bronze looking bad. I would just save my money and get the Attakus Vader I at that price. Here's an ebay auction for the Chewbacca bronze:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ssPageName=MERC_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores_IT

It doesn't look so great either. I noticed that it's sculpted by A. Wasil, and not Randy Bowen. Clearly the Fett and Rancor are the best of the group.

Oh, and JS:

I'd much rather have that Rancor bronze than the Balrog, but that's just me. One is a $3,000 bronze and marble piece with an ES of 50 and one is a $300 piece made in China. Easy decision for me.

Now you've gone and done it! Somebody find me a Bronze Rancor Statue stat!
(I'm not kidding)

JS

elwood49 said:

Oh, and JS:

Thanks for the info!

JS

Last edited:
Back