The SDCC '08 Loot Haul Photo Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought there already was one of these, but I couldn't find it. :huh

Anyway, I snapped some pics of some (not all... damn, there was SO MUCH swag this year... like a gazillion bags, pins, etc) of the stuff I came back from San Diego with after sorting some of it:

HEROES stuff:
collectibles_01_heroes.jpg

DEXTER stuff:
collectibles_02_dexter.jpg

WATCHMEN stuff:
collectibles_03_watchmen.jpg

Signed books (Trick R Treat signed by Michael Dougherty, Clone Wars signed by Jason Fry, Serpo TPB signed by writer & artist, Watchmen TPB signed by Dave Gibbons, and 30 Days SDCC Ex comic signed by Steve Niles):
collectibles_04_signedbooks.jpg

And that TRICK R TREAT book kicks so much ass. That movie needs to come out NOW!

Miscellaneous SDCC Exclusives and collectibles:
collectibles_05_misccoll.jpg

A pile of Misc. swag (note new Action Figure Digest with the SSC Vader 12" on the cover. Damn how did they ever keep that under wraps):
collectibles_06_miscswag.jpg

My favorite freebie item in the pic: The metal ammo case painted up like a clone trooper to promote "The Clone Wars".

Posters:
collectibles_07_posters.jpg

Come on everyone, post yours. Though I'm not sure there is enough bandwidth on the internet to host pics of the Cummins haul. :horror

Nice haul and I agree about Trick or Treat I am thinking of picking up the SS Sam.

What is the Clone Wars Asajj Ventress poster in the 4th pic down?

Some mini-poster/flyer that they were giving out at the StarWarsShop.com booth with a purchase. Another CLONE WARS promo. Of course, I'm sure some folks were able to just grab them off the counter without actually buying anything.

Wow, some awesome stuff there! I hope to make my first SDCC next year.

Wow, some awesome stuff there! I hope to make my first SDCC next year.

You should! And do like I do: pack an extra suitcase within the one you bring out with you... because you'll need it.

Of course, the way airlines are charging for extra bags now it might cost an arm & leg by next year. :monkey4

I don't even grab anything anymore I end up tossing 99% of it a month later. Got a couple EX thats it

I don't even grab anything anymore I end up tossing 99% of it a month later.

Don't toss it! Give it to Cummins, he'll take it! :lol

Actually, I'm not into grabbing every single piece of swag, either. This year I tried to focus on stuff for the properties that I'm into the most. That's why I came back with tons of WATCHMEN, HEROES and SW stuff, particularly... because it was all over the place.

My one "impulse" purchase was the 9" Gomez mixed media figure from Mezco. Because he's just so damn different and cool.

Carl -- I was amazed how you managed to get all that into your suitcases. Didja have to pay for extra weight after all?

Awesome stuff man! I was also wondering, how do you guys get all these things back home in perfect condition??? I need to know for when I go next year :D:D:monkey5

EDIT: Never mind. You already explained it to Blake above. I should learn to read! ;)

Last edited:
You bought the Heroes 6" figures? Aw Irish. Damn it. :lol

The haul is impressive I'm jealous of your Heroes, Watchmen and overall T-Shirt haul.

Carl -- I was amazed how you managed to get all that into your suitcases. Didja have to pay for extra weight after all?
Yeah, I just did manage to get everything to fit perfectly. :banana

I didn't get hit with any extra weight charges. But since now almost all airlines only allow ONE checked bag per passenger I did have to pay for the additional 2 checked pieces. :duh

How much were those Clone Helmets?

They were freebies. They handed out one color each day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the Lucasfilm, Cartoon Network, and WB booths.

Yeah, I just did manage to get everything to fit perfectly. :banana

I didn't get hit with any extra weight charges. But since now almost all airlines only allow ONE checked bag per passenger I did have to pay for the additional 2 checked pieces. :duh

They were freebies. They handed out one color each day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the Lucasfilm, Cartoon Network, and WB booths.

lol Oops screwed up bro. I keep confusing you and the ill Jedi. AHHHH!!! :horror

You should! And do like I do: pack an extra suitcase within the one you bring out with you... because you'll need it.

Of course, the way airlines are charging for extra bags now it might cost an arm & leg by next year. :monkey4

A friend of mine just ships everything back via UPS. I guess there's a UPS store right in the hotel where he stays.

A friend of mine just ships everything back via UPS. I guess there's a UPS store right in the hotel where he stays.

Yeah, that's what Josh and JDad do. There is a UPS Store in Horton Plaza, which is pretty much central to everything. I've thought of doing that the past couple of years but shipping can be pretty costly itself. Plus, I'm too impatient to wait a few more days for my goodies to arrive when I get back home. :lol

Yeah, that's what Josh and JDad do. There is a UPS Store in Horton Plaza, which is pretty much central to everything. I've thought of doing that the past couple of years but shipping can be pretty costly itself. Plus, I'm too impatient to wait a few more days for my goodies to arrive when I get back home. :lol

Yeah it can be. It only cost $80 for me and that was with Priority, Tracking, and Insurance. Plus I got them on Monday when I got back. So I only had to wait a few hours basically.

Back