Ebay Scam??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

photoshopmagician

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I sold a Comic Con Watchmen Poster on ebay to this one seller. He received it and sent me a positive. He said quick shipping, excellent item, A++ seller.

You'd think everything is perfect right?

Well here's the deal, about 10 hours later he leaves me a message asking what to do because the poster is damaged. He said one of the lids on the poster tube was shoved in bending one side of the poster.

But he left me a positive saying excellent item!?!?

Does anyone else think this may be a scam to get his money back or what?

doesn't sound like a scam, just an overanxious buyer, nothing to get excited about. He's probably telling the truth, tubes can get damaged in the mail, but who cares, just a poster. Did he ask for his money back? Did you pack it well, how?

doesn't sound like a scam, just an overanxious buyer, nothing to get excited about. He's probably telling the truth, tubes can get damaged in the mail, but who cares, just a poster. Did he ask for his money back? Did you pack it well, how?

I packed it very well in a hard, secure poster tube, and even sent one to DarkArtist88 on this board who received in in fine condition. So this guy is basically asking for his money back through insurance.

tell him to stick the poster up his A$$... No wait.. i dunno, dos insurance mean you have to refund it or that its insured through postage so if its damaged its there fault?

tell him to stick the poster up his A$$... No wait.. i dunno, dos insurance mean you have to refund it or that its insured through postage so if its damaged its there fault?

I wish I could say that to him :lol

By insurance it's meant that I'd have to file a claim to Fed-Ex and they'd have to pay, but to go through all the trouble :banghead

i see.. sounds gay, what happens if you dont offer insurance and something gets wrecked in the mail?

I wish I could say that to him :lol

By insurance it's meant that I'd have to file a claim to Fed-Ex and they'd have to pay, but to go through all the trouble :banghead

Its a hassle, sure; but at least won't be any cash out of your pocket. Just the breaks with eBay.

If he already left me a positive, could he delete it and then give me a negative? Or is it that once you already leave feedback that's all you can do?

Back