Art Appreciation - Pin-Up Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The ill Jedi

ILLest of 'em all!!
Reaction score
This is NOT my art, but since some peeps expressed interest I thought I'd start this thread to share info on some of the artists and their work. I really got into this art style a few years ago when I met some of these artists at the Con, now it's turned into an obsession!

I'll start with my absolute favorite artist Ragnar. His work is a bit pricey, but it is beautiful, there are a few books of his art which you can find on Amazon, they are very affordable.

wi_331.jpg
wi_511.jpg

wi_141.jpg

wi_231.jpg

wi_251.jpg

belmont_upstairs1.jpg

going_west1.jpg

pinewood_downstairs1.jpg

wi_1111.jpg
wi_241.jpg

Re: Ragnar Phantomime

Here's some more Ragnar, from a series called 'Phantomime', really cool Halloween inspired stuff.

I LOVE the first four...

PH_81.jpg
PH_71.jpg

PH_111.jpg
PH_41.jpg

PH_121.jpg
PH_131.jpg

PH_141.jpg
PH_151.jpg

PH_61.jpg
PH_101.jpg

Thread rated. 20 stars. Oh, wait, can't rate anymore... Still, very cool thread! Say, Ragnar, what medium does he use? You mentioned canvas, but his work doesn't look like a painting to me?

I just learned that the "Phantomime' series is giglée on paper, but what about the other work?

I really like Cursed. I would like to buy one but I am no good with art. I still haven't hung or framed my LOTR print.

I do love me some Halloween though... SO MUCH!! I just got custom guitar picks made which are very Halloween oriented. :rock

No wonder they are expensive! Limited to an edition size of 13 on each of the 13 different prints! That's pretty rare!!!

Back