Tom Hardy is Venom (2018)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will this movie fare with fans?

• Total voters

Sick Boy 82

Super Freak
Reaction score
WHAT?? Mike's no working ass didn't scoop this one up first??!! j/k Mike, love your new movie info finding skills!! :rock

Well, Sony has really gone off the deep-end and has decided to move forward with a spin-off for lil old Venom. With as much money as Spider-Man 3 made and with the recent success of IM, Hulk and TDK, I'm guessing Sony just can't wait to capitalize on the royal ^^^^-up Marvel made when they decided to sell Sony the rights to the Spider-Man franchise. CRAP!!!!

Well, there goes one of my favorite super-villians of all time!!!! And he was bad enough in Spider-Man 3, so I can only guess how bad this one will be. At least Topher is out, I couldn't stand to see him dance in the street or bawl his eyes out like a ^^^^ing baby like that ^^^^^ Tobey Maguire!!!

Full story from Firstshowing.net:
Firstshowing.net. said:
venom-grab-hdrimg.jpg

It seems increasingly obvious that Hollywood is interested in focusing more on villains than anything. Fueled by the success of The Dark Knight, which used the Joker in marketing more than Batman, Sony has decided to move forward on developing a spin-off Venom project following the character's introduction in Spider-Man 3. Hollywood Reporter confirms that Sony is currently developing the project, with a draft originally penned by novice screenwriter Jacob Estes, but they've since decided to go "in a different direction" and are looking for new writers. While neither Sony nor Marvel would comment any further, this is undoubtedly exciting news for Venom fans! Does this mean Spider-Man 4 in 2011 is doomed?

Back in February, we actually wrote about the possibility of a Venom spin-off as a rumor as revealed by IESB. While this news today only really confirms that rumor from February, they also add the bit about Sony throwing out Estes' script in search of a new idea. I can only hope that they're looking for someone who can write a dark and intense story in the same vein as The Dark Knight yet still inspired from the Spider-Man universe that was so successful for them. I imagine Sony was a bit pissed off when The Dark Knight topped Spider-Man 3's opening weekend box office record and now they're looking for a way to give them a real fight. And I'm sure Venom might be the one to do it!

On top of all of that news, we also learn that Sony has decided to ditch Topher Grace from Spider-Man 3 in favor of someone who could actually topline a big superhero movie on their own. I personally didn't mind Topher as Venom, but for once Sony seems to be listening to the fans who were all quite upset with the third movie and the way Venom was treated. Keeping on the subject of Spider-Man, back in June, producer Laura Ziskin confirmed that we would be seeing Spider-Man 4 in 2011. It sounds like Sony is squeezing as much juice out of their deal with Marvel as possible. But if this means we get to see a Venom spin-off, hell, I'm all for it! It's about time they realized Venom's potential!

While I have a forthcoming editorial looking at Hollywood's interest in villains, I think it's appropriate to start up some discussion on the idea of focusing on villains as the main characters. Not that movies like Iron Man are bad, but The Dark Knight was more of a movie about the Joker and the upcoming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is being sold as more of a movie about Voldemort and Tom Riddle. However, a Venom spin-off presents so many intriguing questions, such as: Who will Venom be fighting if Spider-Man is still getting his own movies? Will Venom be the hero or just someone that another hero must deal with? Who could play a better Venom than Topher Grace? Would it be better to recreated the look of Venom or stay with the style in Spider-Man 3?

Have at it - there is much to be discussed!

Re: Venom Movie: Sony working on the Spin-Off

Carnage!!!

I'd be fine if they used movie Venom, as long as they bulk him up, and show the tongue...

The question is, will this stay with the Spider-man continuity? Or is it a reboot?

Venom could fight Ghost Rider, Punisher, Wolverine (my favorite character he fought), Juggernaut, Hobgoblin/Demigoblin.......

This could be good if done right but crap if he is designed like Spider Man 3's Venom

Oh brother, this has got to be the most ridiculous thing I've heard. First the fools completely screw up Venom in Spidey 3, then they really mess up by killing him, and now they're going to fix it, but not by bringing him back and doing him justice in 4, but by giving him his own movie. :banghead

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha
what next? a joker movie without batman.:rolleyes:

you know if its the Joker from TDK it would be worth seeing.
~~and why can't they let this one go??? no Venom!!!! if they want to have a symbiote movie at least make a new one with Carnage...that would be fun.

spiderman 3 made venom looks very stupid.
Maybe this can make up for it. If the same guy plays venom I wont be seeing it too. :lol

I'd give it a shot. I love Venom and he's always been one of my favorite villains.

Hopefully they can redeem him from Spidey 3.

They might go that "Lethal Protector" route with him like they did for a little while in the comics.

Has this been shelved yet?

Back