eBay purchase troubles for Marvel items...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisCJ99

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So I'm getting pretty ticked off. I just bought a SIM on eBay this week and won it with a "Buy it Now" price of $699 shipped. I'm not going to mention any names, just yet, but this particular seller seemed to have a FLAWLESS feedback rating (100% of 164 transactions) I talked to the seller when the SIM was listed the first time around. He responded within hours, even minutes. I didn't pull the trigger on the first auction since I was trying to discipline myself and NOT spend the money on this... But my temptations got the best of me and I bought this when it got relisted. ( I also had a 10% off coupon for eBay, so $630 shipped was pretty good for what this has been selling for lately. And it was declared to be BRAND NEW and in MINT condition with NO paint flaws, and edition #242/1250)

So it's only been two days since I've paid the seller, but I cannot STAND it when no one replies to my emails and gives me a status... It just seems fishy that my emails get replied to ASAP when I'm inquiring about purchasing the item, but now that they have my money they don't bother responding..... WTF!!!! :mad: :censored :taz :cuss

So has anyone had a bad experience when buying a Marvel item on eBay and paying MUCH more than retail for it?

Last edited:
So I'm getting pretty ticked off. I just bought a SIM on eBay this week and won it with a "Buy it Now" price of $699 shipped. I'm not going to mention any names, just yet, but this particular seller seemed to have a FLAWLESS feedback rating (100% of 164 transactions) I talked to the seller when the SIM was listed the first time around. He responded within hours, even minutes. I didn't pull the trigger on the first auction since I was trying to discipline myself and NOT spend the money on this... But my temptations got the best of me and I bought this when it got relisted. ( I also had a 10% off coupon for eBay, so $630 shipped was pretty good for what this has been selling for lately. And it was declared to be BRAND NEW and in MINT condition with NO paint flaws, and edition #242/1250)

So it's only been two days since I've paid the seller, but I cannot STAND it when no one replies to my emails and gives me a status... It just seems fishy that my emails get replied to ASAP when I'm inquiring about purchasing the item, but now that they have my money they don't bother responding..... WTF!!!! :mad: :censored :taz :cuss

So has anyone had a boad experience when buying a Marvel item on eBay and paying MUCH more than retail for it?

Oh man 2 days? Don't sweat it. Me and FQrizzo bought Hulk PF statues back to back. FQrizzo had a pretty bad go of it. He went through TWO WEEKS of hell without even HEARING from the seller. Finally after he was in contact with several other buyers from the same seller, they all heard within three days the same line of BS. The seller replied to two or three other buyers that there was a mix up with the UPS shipping and that the items were returned to him. He agreed to ship it the next day and send a tracking number to Rizzo....he never recieved the tracking number!!! He was flipping out! The day after that he recieved the Hulk PF, and Im happy to say it was flawless! :joy

My experience was more mild, but it still took a week for my seller to ship out the Hulk. Moral of the story, usually (and I stress usually), if everything seems on the up and up, and the seller appears reliable through a lot of feed back...he/she is! After two days I wouldnt even blink an eye. THOUGH i do know how horrible it is to shell out that much money and be left in the dark!!

GOOD LUCK and im sure it will all work out. Be sure to post some picks when you get the flawless SIM!!

I wouldn't sweat it just yet, dude may be enjoying himself in SDCC. I think ebay rules are they have 10 days to complete the deal once payment is made.

Yeah...2 days!!

Jeesh. :rolleyes:

You know what I hate, when somebody buys something from me than expects me to rum to the PO immediately and mail it. No offense but people do have lives outsides their computers.

I have 2 jobs and sometimes I just can't make it to the PO until I have a night off. It happens. Just relax and give the seller a chance.

If you don't see or hear anything from him in 2 weeks THEN start to panic. Until then relax and have a few. :duff

Now I've got to speak up for the 'opposing team' on this one. Seriously, it's the WEEKEND! I have been online this weekend because of SDCC preorders, but jeepers, dude, some people have a life on the weekend and DON'T stay tied to their computers. Maybe, just maybe, this guy or gal has a spouse and/or children who need their attention every so often... :rolleyes:

Also, if someone eBays all week long during 'work days', maybe they just want to be 'off work', so to speak, on the weekend, like most people (like you, maybe?). :monkey3

i sold a pred this past sunday and I've sent 10 emails to the buyer to confirm his address and he hasn't responded so I haven't shipped it. It's ready to go but he hasn't responded.

the seller should have responded by now, that ticks me off too.

It's nice when people respond quickly. Particularly on high ticket items. However, 2 days is not really enough time to get upset about. Anything could be going on with him. Particularly with it being a weekend. If you really want to get reassured, get his contact info via ebay and give him a call. Personally, I'd wait till Monday but it's up to you.

sure it ticks you off....but ebay gives 10 days to complete transaction...

i have won auctions where I never got a respond email and then all of a sudden the item shows up...give the guy some time..and dont worry you payed with paypal..you are covered if the ^^^^ hits the fan.....it all comes down to you want the statue yesterday :lol and dont want to wait...i hear ya man...but not all people respond, communicate and ship like we here at the forum do....ebay has turned into a haven for a-holes bro..i hear more an d more stories about people getting screwed

You are not automatically covered. You have to look at the item and see how much the seller's paypal insurance policy is. Either 200.00 or 2000.00 If you use your cc via ebay you can always do a chargeback though. Never use your debit account if you can help it.

I don't even start thinking about that until 2 weeks have passed. If I haven't gotten my item by the 3rd week then I might drop them an email. If they don't respond within a day or two I will voice my concern again.

But 2 days is nothing to worry about, you should be fine.

Geez mad after 2 days?.. What if he is on a weekend vacation.. I say relax.. ALso give me your ebay name so I can block you as a buyer.. :lol < j/k

But I've dealt w/ your type before..

2 days is still ok, to think there is the SDCC and it's a weekend. I experience 3 weeks with no reply, but fortunately the statue shows up. Be positive and relax.

You are not automatically covered. You have to look at the item and see how much the seller's paypal insurance policy is. Either 200.00 or 2000.00 If you use your cc via ebay you can always do a chargeback though. Never use your debit account if you can help it.

:lecture I live by that philosophy. I always run my Paypal through my credit card as a backup just in case Paypal flakes out on me.

Geez mad after 2 days?.. What if he is on a weekend vacation.. I say relax.. ALso give me your ebay name so I can block you as a buyer.. :lol < j/k

But I've dealt w/ your type before..

:lol :lol Well I'm not SUPER heated or anything. But ther reason I'm a little bothered is that I spent good money on an item, and I'm not getting a response in a timely fashion. Like I said before, when I was emailing him before in regards to purchasing I got FAST FAST responses. However not that I sent payment, I don't seem to get a response at all.... I know it's only two days. And I'll wait it out, but I'm sure people can realize my frustration. This is the first time that I haven't gotten a SS item for retail.... So if I'm going to be paying HIGH prices for something, I'm going to expect a little bit better service. Heck, I know if I was selling an item for TWICE the retail value I'm sure their expectation are going to be high as well!

This was a hard lesson for me to learn as well. :rolleyes: Hindsight, eh?

You speak of expected service. But you're not dealing with a business here. This is an individual seller on an online auction site. Excellent service and quick communication is a bonus, not a guarantee. As soon as you recognize that and lower your expectations, your blood pressure will dip back down to normal during these transactions.

Some people might say, "Well, I shouldn't have to lower my expectations!" But that's a crap attitude. One of the best lessons of adulthood is when we learn that the world doesn't adjust itself to fit our expectations. (Actually, I should have said if we learn this. I know too many people who have most certainly not. :lol )

I can think of half a dozen reasons why your seller might be incommunicado. So just relax in the comfort of Paypal and find something to distract yourself. Like more auctions. ;)

Last edited:
please don't ever buy from me. I hate overly sensitive buyers.

.. ALso give me your ebay name so I can block you as a buyer.. :lol < j/k

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

as a buyer on ebay, i look for quick replies. but you can't bombard the guy with e-mails. after about 5 days, i'll ask if the item has shipped. if after 3 attempts, there's still no reply, i wait the 10 days and file a paypal dispute. that gets their attention. communication is VERY important, but you can't stalk the seller either.

as an ebay or board seller, i try to ship right away because as a buyer, i'd want my stuff shipped right away. and i always let the buyer know when it's shipped as a courtesy.

I ship next day but I can understand that some people can't do this. Give they guy a little time. If he has good feedback then you are probably fine.

Back