Need Help with Display Alternatives

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chapter 2099

Super Freak
Reaction score
As the title suggest, I need new means of displaying my Premium Formats. I have a glass curio but only have 3 statues displayed in them because the PF are so heavily and I'm afraid anymore weight and the glass shelves will break. (I don't know how much weight they will hold.) I have a few on my desk, but I'm looking for columns to display the PFs on. (Shelving is out of the question.) I don't think they call them columns, but I'm looking for an actual square shaped "column" that stands about 3 - 4 feet tall. (Like an actual ..... :banghead .... I don't have an other way to describe it or name it.) I know what they look like in my head. Any advice, leads and some prices would be very helpful. I'm looking for something in black preferably.

There's a couple members who have "columns" like that. If you have the capabilities... build your own displays... it takes a while but worth it in the end... hopefully! ;)

Best bet is some Besta shelving units from Ikea. Price is reasonable and shelves hold up to 66lbs I believe. Slap on some glass doors and some dioder lighting and you're good to go

Best bet is some Besta shelving units from Ikea. Price is reasonable and shelves hold up to 66lbs I believe. Slap on some glass doors and some dioder lighting and you're good to go

bestas work great for most pieces, but some are still to big for them. such as Thor, CIM, Thing, Hulk, Abom, and though the wood shelves will support pretty much anything, you do lose some visability when your close to the displays since you can't see through the wood shelves or walls.

they do work good, but just like most shelf units there is always some drawbacks.

that's a tough one. I think it depends on how your room is set up and how much you want to see of them. Like if you like a 360 view or if you are ok with a 180 or 90 view.

you could do some sort of corner shelving unit with wood or the ikea suggestion and put glass doors on them.

Do what i do. Put the statues on the floor and use the money to buy more statue thats would piss off alot of people.JK

Besta is still the best alternative or Leons Furniture Store, they tend to have nice display cabinets at a very reasonable price.

If all fail, buy Ikea's detolf, very cheap.

Back