Ipod question.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kain4521

You know that one too/Mod
Reaction score
I went out and bought my first Ipod last night and picked up the 80g classic. Got home started charging it up and put my first album on it. I let it charge for about 4 hours and unhooked it from my computer and started to listen to Back in Black and it sounds great. So I delete Back in Black from my library on my computer and put in another album and it puts it on my Ipod but it also takes off Back in Black. I guess my question is do I have to keep every album and song I want on my Ipod saved on my computer or is their a way around it. I am not gonna keep something around that I have to have music saved in 2 different places it just sounds stupid to me.

I think your Ipod will sync to whatever is in your Itunes account. So if you delete songs/albums from your computer, it will delete it off the ipod the next time you plug it in and sync.

So if I want to put every cd I own on my Ipod I also have to waste space on my computer by saving them on it also. Is the Zune the same way?:banghead

Try the maually manage music option under the ipod settings. I think that should work with what you're trying to do. Just drag and drop the songs you want to your ipod after that.

Try the maually manage music option under the ipod settings. I think that should work with what you're trying to do. Just drag and drop the songs you want to your ipod after that.

I will try that I just don't want to keep the songs on my computer.

yeah.
you asign a playlist that coordinates with what you want on your iPod.
You adjust the playlist and it updates the changes you made to you ipod next time you hook up .
Although you CAN change your settings to update your iPod manually and it will only update if you drag and drop songs on there and it wont happen automatically.

Sounds like you need to invest a little $$ in another HD though.
Without software to crack the iPod you cant ppull music OFF the iPod to a computer.
if you ever wanted to put the same music on another iPod, youd have to reimport everything from the CDs again

Yeah, you can take other people's music from their iTunes libraries too...

You can listen to it on the iPod, but not on the PC, without authorising their account...

I love my iPod, I have 4 or 5 different libraires, and I only take songs that i want...

yeah.
you asign a playlist that coordinates with what you want on your iPod.
You adjust the playlist and it updates the changes you made to you ipod next time you hook up .
Although you CAN change your settings to update your iPod manually and it will only update if you drag and drop songs on there and it wont happen automatically.

Sounds like you need to invest a little $$ in another HD though.
Without software to crack the iPod you cant ppull music OFF the iPod to a computer.
if you ever wanted to put the same music on another iPod, youd have to reimport everything from the CDs again

Nah my hd is fine I just dont like the fact that I have to keep the music on my computer and the Ipod. I have a sansa clip and all I have to do is rip a cd to my pc then sync it to the clip and after I am done I delete the cd from the pc. I also have a 6 year old that listens to music on my pc and would rather him not go around his great-grandmother singing Highway to Hell or Big Balls and thats why I want to delete the albums.

Nah my hd is fine I just dont like the fact that I have to keep the music on my computer and the Ipod. I have a sansa clip and all I have to do is rip a cd to my pc then sync it to the clip and after I am done I delete the cd from the pc. I also have a 6 year old that listens to music on my pc and would rather him not go around his great-grandmother singing Highway to Hell or Big Balls and thats why I want to delete the albums.

Maybe you could introduce him to the ass and titties song? :dunno

set up another user on your comp for your 6yr old. He can have his own apps and iTunes library to use while yoiu have yours.
You also wont have to worry about him accidentally messing anything up of yours.

Its what I do with my wife ... :D

Kain, check the 'Manually Manage Music & Videos' box in the iPod Summary and uncheck the 'Sync Music' box. You should then be able to add music to your iPod without having to keep it on your computer. If you need help, I can walk you thru it tonight.

Kain, check the 'Manually Manage Music & Videos' box in the iPod Summary. You should then be able to add music to your iPod without hacing to keep it on your computer. If you need help, I can walk you thru it tonight.

Thanks I will take you up on that offer.

I was gonna post and help you out Kain. But, I think what the rest of the gang posted should have you covered.

Pictures are the only items, I don't think you can click and drag to the iPod. If you sync pictures from a picture folder, I think it does them all.

Enjoy your new iPOD. I had the 80GB and returned it for the 160GB. Because I wanna put alot of video on it as well as music.

I LOVE it. One of the best purchases I have made in long time.

Back