I can't understand SideShow Shipping policy for Europe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fat hobbitss

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Dear Sideshow:

I'm sorry simply cannot understand you shipping policies regarding exclusive pieces.

I had recently bought 2 exclusives from you, The Han Solo Smuggler and Battle Damaged Predator 2.

Besides being charged a VAT than Spain has (I can live with that, no prob), I have been charged what consider an fairly excessive shipping charge. Why excessive? Because I'm paying a TOP PRICE for NOT TOP SERVICE.

In the case of the Han Solo figure I consider the box would not weight more than 3 pounds. Well sent via USPS EMS (5 days from US to Spain, tracking and insurance included) is $40. Well you got me paying $57 for a shipping service that is taking almost a full month to deliver since the day you shipped it.

I guess is going to be the same with the Battle Damaged Predator Excl.: I'm paying $67 for a shipping service that takes a month when USPS EMS costs $44.

I think you may agree with me that your service is fairly overprice for the delivery timeframe. Seriously Overpriced.

I can't understand too how the Darkness Premium format fig was only $75 for a very big and heavy box and the Han Solo is $57 for a figure that is much smaller and at least tree times lighter than the statue.

Just cannot understand it.

I do sincerely hope you change your shipping policy or prices for better in a near future.

Dont worry dude, I'm just up north in Canada and I remember the days when I used to pay nearly 40$ for the shipping of a 12'' and 20$ more for the customs here...I dont buy 12'' anymore, but this was ridiculous

Keep in mind that the shipping companies are the ones who charge the high shipping costs... Sideshow is just passing the cost on to you. They don't use USPS as a shipping choice; only UPS or FedEx for various reasons. Also, you may want to check with Sideshow customer service about the shipping time; they can probably give you an answer as to what is taking so long. I don't know positively, so take this with a "grain of salt", but I think they ship from the US to their EU warehouse, and then it ships from there to you, so it will take a little longer than normal shipping by an individual.

It might be possible for you to have 12" or smaller items sent by regular postal service. You can contact customer service about that to set that up. It's cheaper, but it doesn't give you the same security as a courier service. You'd have to agree that whenever your item ,which is shipped regular on your request, gets lost or broken due to shipment, you can't hold SS responsible since it's your own choice.

So it's in your benefit if you use a courier service; ultimately it comes down to guaranteed delivery & quality vs cheaper shipping per item.

It might be possible for you to have 12" or smaller items sent by regular postal service. You can contact customer service about that to set that up. It's cheaper, but it doesn't give you the same security as a courier service. You'd have to agree that whenever your item ,which is shipped regular on your request, gets lost or broken due to shipment, you can't hold SS responsible since it's your own choice.

So it's in your benefit if you use a courier service; ultimately it comes down to guaranteed delivery & quality vs cheaper shipping per item.

i have had numerous items sent bu usps ems and insurance inclueded and its a brilliant service..never had anything lost or damaged and its quick.

i have had numerous items sent bu usps ems and insurance inclueded and its a brilliant service..never had anything lost or damaged and its quick.

It is indeed a brilliant service, but unfortunately they don't deal with the volume that we require. Plus, if any international packages ARE lost through USPS, it's much more difficult to track and get insurance issued than through the private companies.

If you have specific questions regarding our EU department and shipping services, you can email [email protected] - they are happy to answer any questions you may have :duff

You're absolutely right, of course is the shipping company that charges, and I'm ok if they use UPS or Fed, no problem with that. What burns me is unfair is having to pay a shipping rate so high for such slow delivery.

Many thanks for answering Dusty, but you're using Parcel Force form the UK to Spain. That is the same as using USPS from US to Spain, I mean, is a Royal Mail service. Wouldn't it be possible to ship directly from US to Spain (or France, UK) using UPS or FED EX ... the exclusives at least?

Just trying to find some middle ground.

Keep in mind that the shipping companies are the ones who charge the high shipping costs... Sideshow is just passing the cost on to you. They don't use USPS as a shipping choice; only UPS or FedEx for various reasons. Also, you may want to check with Sideshow customer service about the shipping time; they can probably give you an answer as to what is taking so long. I don't know positively, so take this with a "grain of salt", but I think they ship from the US to their EU warehouse, and then it ships from there to you, so it will take a little longer than normal shipping by an individual.

In that case, you would have to pay customs charges! What do you prefer?

- Slow shipping due to US -> UK warehouse -> Spain

- Quick delivery with customs fees on top

Just orderered a PF Freddy from SS...this is my first buy from them direct. The bill comes to $294.00 shipping from SS to the U.K warehouse, then on to me in the U.K....

Question: How much over the odds am i having to pay compared to you guys in the U.S????

Unless customs 'overlook' your items - which is perfectly possible for the smaller parcels - there are ALWAYS custom charges involved. Granted, when the parcel comes from the UK warehouse, the amount is only half as much, but adversely, you ALWAYS have to pay those 17.5 %.

It is pretty hard to accept that shipping cost and the taxes are sometimes as much as the item itself.
Example:
12" Babysitter Zombie: $49.99
Freight: $47.8
Tax: $17.1
Total: 114.9
Most Americans can buy two of these for that amount, or, just simply save half the cash. :D
The high shipping prices are bugging me for years now, and I've addressed that subject multiple times here. Looks like Sideshow does not want to do anything about it. Or at least, they are not seriously looking for alternatives. The only advice I can give you, fat hobitss, is to ask SSC to combine your orders whenever possible. That's the only way for us European and International collectors to save some money. Until the day Sideshow admits that this is indeed a serious problem that needs a satisfying solution. But frankly, I doubt they make enough money from us to see this as a serious enough issue.

If the exclusives wouldn't only be available through Sideshow, I would have switch to a local retailer a long time ago. Just like all the other collectors here that rather buy from retailers than from Sideshow, to save money.

i'm confused as to these large shipping costs. i always thought european customers got their items shipped from the eu warehouse? if so, then why so much? they should only pay from the eu warehouse, as sideshow should have their order inventory shipped directly there from the factory in china.

i'm confused as to these large shipping costs. i always thought european customers got their items shipped from the eu warehouse? if so, then why so much? they should only pay from the eu warehouse, as sideshow should have their order inventory shipped directly there from the factory in china.
i agree. it does not make sense. it's like a wookie living on endor. why would a 7ft tall wookie wanna live on a planet with a bunch of 3ft tall ewoks? it does not make sense.

i agree. it does not make sense. it's like a wookie living on endor. why would a 7ft tall wookie wanna live on a planet with a bunch of 3ft tall ewoks? it does not make sense.

Chewbacca_Defense.jpg

Try $88 for Palpatine and Sidious...

Took almost 2 months to get here, but I got double reward points and $15 off because they screwed me around...

I admit it is VERY expensive...

Eny-

I'm alredy paying taxes! That's is included in the SideShow Toys bill. And yes, As I'm pay so much $$ for shipping I'd prefer to, at least, have my parcel here in 5 days rater after payment than in a moth. Otherwise I'm both paying VAT and getting slow delivery.

Eny-

I'm alredy paying taxes! That's is included in the SideShow Toys bill. And yes, As I'm pay so much $$ for shipping I'd prefer to, at least, have my parcel here in 5 days rater after payment than in a moth. Otherwise I'm both paying VAT and getting slow delivery.

Yep, you're right. I forgot they charge us the tax when shipping from the UK warehouse. :peace

Unless customs 'overlook' your items - which is perfectly possible for the smaller parcels - there are ALWAYS custom charges involved. Granted, when the parcel comes from the UK warehouse, the amount is only half as much, but adversely, you ALWAYS have to pay those 17.5 %.

It is pretty hard to accept that shipping cost and the taxes are sometimes as much as the item itself.
Example:
12" Babysitter Zombie: $49.99
Freight: $47.8
Tax: $17.1
Total: 114.9
Most Americans can buy two of these for that amount, or, just simply save half the cash. :D
The high shipping prices are bugging me for years now, and I've addressed that subject multiple times here. Looks like Sideshow does not want to do anything about it. Or at least, they are not seriously looking for alternatives. The only advice I can give you, fat hobitss, is to ask SSC to combine your orders whenever possible. That's the only way for us European and International collectors to save some money. Until the day Sideshow admits that this is indeed a serious problem that needs a satisfying solution. But frankly, I doubt they make enough money from us to see this as a serious enough issue.

If the exclusives wouldn't only be available through Sideshow, I would have switch to a local retailer a long time ago. Just like all the other collectors here that rather buy from retailers than from Sideshow, to save money.

To be fair though, the Pound is about double the US dollar, so you are really paying just about the same as us. :rolleyes:

The high shipping prices are bugging me for years now, and I've addressed that subject multiple times here. Looks like Sideshow does not want to do anything about it. Or at least, they are not seriously looking for alternatives. Until the day Sideshow admits that this is indeed a serious problem that needs a satisfying solution. But frankly, I doubt they make enough money from us to see this as a serious enough issue.

I have to adamantly disagree. Sideshow do care, and do look to finding solutions, on a constant ongoing basis. There is little they can do about government policies (customs taxes and duties) and shipping costs.

The alternatives pretty much remain the same, and they have to protect their product, for themselves as a business, and for you as the consumer. Sideshow have admitted it's a serious problem, and have sought out members to investigate the various courier and shipping conditions in overseas countries. I doubt there is anything more they can do. They do not set the prices, and as a purchaser, you must be aware of how much an item will cost before going ahead and making the purchase final.

creecher said:
They do not set the prices, and as a purchaser, you must be aware of how much an item will cost before going ahead and making the purchase final.

Well in the case of european buyers that is not a possibility. When you make the purchase you are given a approximate shipping cost. Then, when they charge your card you get a detailed bill with shipping costs and VAT charges. And the final bill is always higher than the stimated.

Not easy to know the real price untill you have actually paid. Maybe they should improve that, so we could know the final price at the time of ordering and would avoid unpleasant surprises.

Today is 27 days since I paid my Han Solo Exclusive. And I still havent got the figure. Paying $57 for a shipping service so slow? I'm kind of angry, really

Last edited:
Back