Marmit Stormtrooper Question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking of creating my own Han and Luke as Stormtroopers. I wanted to use a Marmit Stormtrooper and use a Sideshow Buck body and the new Han and Luke headsculpts. I don’t own a Marmit so before I go spending money on one I was wondering if some of you guys own one think this feasible? Can I put the armor on a Buck body? Are they to scale with the Sideshow figures? Thanks for your help!

Yes, you can do it EASILY! Go to it man! :D

You should have no trouble with Han, but Luke may need more effort with his shorter body. You`ll also need to remove the feet from the SS Buck bodies, as they would never fit into the Marmit trooper shoe. An EASY custom though. You also need to modify the Marmit hands to fit the SS bodies. The Marmit body glove for the trooper undersuit will need to have the SS Buck wrist holes poked through to add the hands. I would cut the SS hands to fit into the hollow Marmit trooper hands and glue them in and there you go!

Last edited:
Are there any alternatives? I was looking at the Applause Han Stormtrooper, but I'm not too sure if its 1/6?

Not really. Currently I'd say the Marmit is the best stuff out there if you want something to fit in perfectly with SS elements.

I guess I could always hold out for Sideshow's storm troopers? Then i won't be paying crazy Ebay prices and I know that they will be to scale?

EBay is a fair bet...I got a full set of Marmit figures over a couple of months last year. They rally are a great option for some Han/Luke customs...but I'd almost put down money that Sideshow will make these either before or shortly after they do a Stormtrooper...they love Han & Luke and seem set on making every variant :)

marmits are the best out there so far for armor. & they can be had for reasonable amounts thru ebay if your patient. ive paid anywhere from $30 to over $100. i have all the marmits sw that was made but my fav is the sandtrooper.

I have a Marmit Sandtrooper Sergeant on a BBI body. The armor should fit the Buck just fine. If you manage to get one (good luck!) make sure you heat up the armor with a blow drier to make it flexible before putting it on a body. I got mine cheap because the previous owner was impatient putting everything on.

OK..update. I was lucky enough to buy a Marmit Stomtrooper that was already assembled. I used a hair dryer to remove the body armor, the torso was beyond impossible to remove, but I did. I then placed it all on a Sideshow buck body and it didn't really look too good. The armor fits really loose , it almost looks like a kid wearing his dad's clothing! can anyone think of a way to improve the look , or recommend a body , other than the buck that might work? Or how to put a Sideshow head on the Marmit body?

OK..update. I was lucky enough to buy a Marmit Stomtrooper that was already assembled. I used a hair dryer to remove the body armor, the torso was beyond impossible to remove, but I did. I then placed it all on a Sideshow buck body and it didn't really look too good. The armor fits really loose , it almost looks like a kid wearing his dad's clothing! can anyone think of a way to improve the look , or recommend a body , other than the buck that might work? Or how to put a Sideshow head on the Marmit body?

I've read that the Dragon body was good to swap out with this. I really don't know anything about that, though.

i went with a dragon body for my marmit sandtroopers and it works fine.
while the marmit body has some good points to it overall it falls a bit short due to lack of hands,feet, and any real easy swappable neck post. it could be used but will take some work.

I've used DML and the BBi G3.5 on my Marmits. The DML was probably a better fit, but I had to pad the thighs a little. The BBi was a *very* tight fit and made the armor bulge oddly in the thighs, so I wouldn't recommend that one.

I've had great success with the Hot Toys True Type body too. I've used it for both of my sandtroopers and the armor fits very well.

Nayo

Yup the HT TT is the best bet, if you separate the shin guards from the shoes, you get pretty good ankle articulation.

Yup the HT TT is the best bet, if you separate the shin guards from the shoes, you get pretty good ankle articulation.

Cool guys, thanks for the advice, is there a specific Hot Toys TT body type and where can I get one? Are they expensive? can I put a sideshow head on it?

Back