Creature review (and Hot Toys Brando too!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
I don't really have a review all my own up tonight. I'm doing a co-review with long time reader Steve Horwitz of the new Premium Format Creature from the Black Lagoon, a statue that many of us have waited for a long time. For most the wait will be worth it, although I have a couple minor nits to pick.

The true full guest review is from Jeff Parker, who looks at the new Hot Toy Movie Icon figure of Marlon Brando. You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Interesting tandem review. Thanks Michael.
I had to pass on this one and am not to upset.
The glossy finish is just not appealing to me. I am not a big fan of the pose either.
The overall workmanship is excellent though.

that is a nice review of brando. even though in my opinon james dean is better in likeness. because hot toys had already had a brando head done previously and i am not sure if dean was used before in something. i guess i also say that because i am not a big fan of brando...

Didnt know the creature has such a nice packaging...looks very nice....4 STARS TOO...:rock

I'm glad to be getting the Creature, through Sideshows local distributor. Don't know why you put the link to shopping.com for Australian readers. I'm puzzled.

If I had the room I'd definitely buy the Creature... unfortunately the design takes up a lot more space than I can dedicate at this point. I hope this is a figure I can still get for a reasonable price in a couple years.

Anybody know the exact height of this piece...Sideshow website says 24". I've got a Besta from Ikea that I'm trying to set the shelves in and want to make sure I save a space for this bad boy.

23" tall from bottom of base to tips of the nails on the outstretched arm, so you would want at least 24" to give a little clearance.

I don't own a Detolf, but from what I can see on Ikea's web site, it looks like the inside dimensions for each compartment are about 16x16x14.5 inches. If that is right, then the Creature would not fit. If you are able to remove one of the shelves and then place the statue on the one below, then it should fit, but it might require that you angle it from one corner to the other.

A Detolf is a little over 18" from corner to corner, so it's possible that it would fit but you'd have to angle it in and I have a feeling it wouldn't be the best way to display it.

My Creature is closer to 19 inches wide and 23 inches tall. I don't think it's going to fit into a detolf.

Back