Which Vader do you want from Sideshow?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which movie should Vader be made from?

• A New Hope

Votes: 54 47.4%
  • Empire Strikes Back

Votes: 31 27.2%
  • Return of the Jedi

Votes: 25 21.9%
  • Revenge of the Sith

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

Mr. Fusion

Super Freak
Reaction score
From which movie do you want Darth Vader to be from? In my opinion he is most iconic to me when he fights Luke. Especially when he reveals that he is Luke's father. So let the debate begin.

Exactly right Fusion. :rock

Noo that first time Vader walks through that smoke filled corridor, the Stormies just standing aside, dropping the dead bodies they were moving. He mercilessly chokes Capt Antilles, threatens his (unknown to everyone, Lucas included) daughter. And it's a very unique look to top it all off. The one, the only, ANH Vader!

There was no ANH in '77, it was just SW. Yeah, it seems that everything after the first film is a derivative with more backstory and convoluted plots that cheapen the simple, threatening presence that Vader carried in the first act.

"...So, you have a twin sister. Your thoughts have betrayed her too. Obi-Wan was wise to keep her from me, now his failure is complete. If you will not turn to the Dark side, then perhaps she will."
"NEVER!"

Ah, man. Also, because for a Jedi Vader, they'd have to make a removable helmet.:joy

In A New Hope, he takes orders from Tarkin, which dulls the power of Vader. He is ruthless in Empire, and kills the Emperor in Jedi. Don't get me wrong, he is powerful in ANH. I would be glad to get him in that version, but he is more iconic to me in Jedi.

but you've gotta admit, he started getting soft by the end of ESB and through ROTJ..

Yes, but in Empire he chokes two officers with out any sign of regret. He doesn't take orders from anyone but the Emperor in the last two.

The removable helmet is why I DO NOT want ROTJ Vader first. Let SS start off simple with SW/ANH Vader. And besides, I think the majority already shows SW/ANH is more wanted.. while if it's from ROTS it will only sell because it is the first Vader.

Yes, but in Empire he chokes two officers with out any sign of regret. He doesn't take orders from anyone but the Emperor in the last two.

Only reason he took orders from Tarkin was because Tarkin was CO of the Death Star and Vader was not. Vader wasn't in any military position until after the Death Star went boom. He was always the Emperors right hand man though.

Honestly, they all look the same to me. And please nobody post anything showing all of the incredibly subtle differences. Vader is Vader. His look is always basically the same. If I were to choose I would want a ROTJ Vader so that we could have a removable helmet (or at least a swappable head.) Although if they do a removable helmet, they would have to make sure that there is some kind of snap that is loose enough to allow it to come off with little force, but tight enough to keep it on when you want it there.

Back