Best way to move???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
i'm going through the moving process in a couple weeks and just wanted some input on what i should do. should i just disassemble all of the Predators and put them back in their respective boxes or (this is my idea to save time) wrap them up securely in bubble wrap and secure them in a box with peanuts??? i'm only moving a couple hours away and will put these guys in my car so its not like they will be tossed around and stuff so i think this will save time from taking them apart and putting back together when i get to where i'm going.
what do you guys think???

I think they would be alright just wrapped up if you pack them carefully and dont skimp on the bubble wrap.

Best way to move? Don't. lol. It should be ok, to wrap them in bubble wrap. zip lock bag the little bitty pieces though, cuz they will slip off and fall through the spaces in the box, trust me on this they always do.

I've been fretting over this same dilemma! Luckily a lot of my stuff is still boxed...i dont think you should take anything apart unless its easy to do so. I took apart my HT ED209...i ended up flinging his leg across the room!!! Nightmare...now i just say he is the battle damaged version!
My opinion is seperate all the little bits n' pieces into bags so you dont lose anything, pack the figures and wrap them safe and most of all drive carefully!:naughty

keep them assembled. they won't be leaving your hands so a two hour drive should be OK. where you moving? i'm in the new port richey area.

leave them as they are just bubble wrap them and place them in a box. you are way more likely to break something if you take them apart then re-assemble them IMO.

Since they're in your supervision, you don't really need to pack them up completely.. just enough for a safe travel.

keep them assembled. they won't be leaving your hands so a two hour drive should be OK. where you moving? i'm in the new port richey area.

Tallahassee.

thanks guys. i thought they would be ok if bubble wrapped and put in a box. i just don't want to waste hours taking them apart if i dont have to. i've already got all their weapons and gadgets bagged up.

Tallahassee.

thanks guys. i thought they would be ok if bubble wrapped and put in a box. i just don't want to waste hours taking them apart if i dont have to. i've already got all their weapons and gadgets bagged up.

just a couple hours north on u.s.19. you'll be close to dark days in vegas. best of luck with your move.

I too will be facing this problem sometime this year. And the house we're moving to has to be completely gutted and renovated so I'll have to put my stuff in storage. As far as my 1/6th stuff is concerned, much as I don't want to, I might box back up those figures that can be reboxed without any dissassembly - like Superman, Clark kent, Terminator Endoskeletons, sideshow terminator figures etc. My other stuff I'll take to the new house and just move them around as I need to because I wouldn't want to risk taking them apart - these damned hot toys joints.

I think my entire star wars collection is going to have to go to storage though with exception of a few figures to go in my BMF millenium falcon when I get my hands on that. I'm gonna need a heck of a lot of bubble wrap for the rest.

I'll bet they'll be fine assembled, when I bought Scar from Jamal, he bubble wrapped the HELL out of it and left it assembled (besides the obvious little things like gauntlets, hands feet, blah blah blah) and it made it from Australia to the US (I live in New Mexico) just fine.

When I got Pitu's AvP Elder, he sent it the same way Jamal did, from Florida to New Mexico, it also arrived perfectly. As long as you protect em well, they'll be fine!

When I moved I just wrapped up the loose figures in bubble wrap, securely, and then placed them carefully in a padded box. I also removed all the loose accessories or things that could get lost easily and placed them in a padded envelope.

Good luck on your move... it's frustrating. I hate moving. Last time I did it I swore I would never move so much stuff again because it was such a pain. :lol

Good luck on your move... it's frustrating. I hate moving. Last time I did it I swore I would never move so much stuff again because it was such a pain. :lol
i know...i havent even found a place to live and i'm already getting frustrated with the move. i'm only planning on staying in tallahassee for about a year and half tops...then i'm gonna move back to tampa. best part, because i'm really paranoid i'm scared to bring any of my collection up there with me because i think someone will break in and steal all my crap. tv, stereo i could care less about, but the collection has been built over the years and i doubt i'll be able to track some of the stuff down again. i'm begging my parents to let me stow most of my expensive stuff in their garage until i return/ or find a permanent living arrangement.

i know...i havent even found a place to live and i'm already getting frustrated with the move. i'm only planning on staying in tallahassee for about a year and half tops...then i'm gonna move back to tampa. best part, because i'm really paranoid i'm scared to bring any of my collection up there with me because i think someone will break in and steal all my crap. tv, stereo i could care less about, but the collection has been built over the years and i doubt i'll be able to track some of the stuff down again. i'm begging my parents to let me stow most of my expensive stuff in their garage until i return/ or find a permanent living arrangement.

Hey man , I'm with you. I would be so pissed if someone stole my collection of "toys.":banghead. If thieves only knew how much these Hot Toys are worth, they might start targeting us!:gun.

I wouldn't dare try to disassemble the Hot Toys predators. Not only would you waste more time, but you would probably damage or break them in the process.:monkey2. You have the right idea by just wrapping them up safely. good luck!

I'll be moving this year as well. That's why most of my Hot Toys figures are still boxed. But still some RAH's and SS are loose - and I'll bubble wrap them as read here. But what should I do with the Master Replicas stormtrooper blaster and scaled replicas?

I'll be moving this year as well. That's why most of my Hot Toys figures are still boxed. But still some RAH's and SS are loose - and I'll bubble wrap them as read here. But what should I do with the Master Replicas stormtrooper blaster and scaled replicas?

definitely box the scaled replicas!!! i made the mistake of not doing that years ago and the grip on my count dooku lightsaber got messed up. however, i read later that it isn't entirely my fault and that a number of people are suffering from the glue that held it on started to fail.
~~my other 12" figures will go back in their boxes. especially since i don't have to spend hours taking them apart to fit them back in.

definitely box the scaled replicas!!! i made the mistake of not doing that years ago and the grip on my count dooku lightsaber got messed up. however, i read later that it isn't entirely my fault and that a number of people are suffering from the glue that held it on started to fail.
~~my other 12" figures will go back in their boxes. especially since i don't have to spend hours taking them apart to fit them back in.

Thanks! I'll try to find their boxes. And then to find lots and lots of bubble wrap which are not too hard to find now in Romania.

But what do you think I should do with my Kotobukiya statues - I have all OT Imperials plus some others. Some are easy to disassemble but some are not. Surely I'll remove the lightsabers from the 2 Vaders and the weapons and cooling packs from the 3 Sandtroopers. But do you think would the rest resist if bubble packed well?

Back