Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search

Poll: Who Best Portrayed Batman?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast
    Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    201 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling

Default Re: Who Portrayed Batman the Best?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Mirakle32 View Post
    Ugh, TDK made me dislike Bale's Batman even more. Honestly, he still did a good job, and was perfect as Wayne, but his batvoice annoyed the piss out of me more than it did in the first film. God, I miss Keaton.
    I thought the Batvoice was MUCH better this time around. Sounded nasely and whiney in BB, but sounded like a growl in this one, which I think really fits well with the character.

Malalaking Gagamba
    Feedback
    55 (100%)

I saw it last night (same theater as BM) and I would give it a sold 9.5/10. Did HL's Joker bring Tom Waits to anyone else's mind. I hadn't read anywhere that he based his interpretation on Wait, but it was a dead on impersonation of him.

I loved it.

Formerly Congerking
    Feedback

Michael Keaton = Crappy Wayne, God Bats
    Christian Bale = Crappy Bats, Good Wayne (his Bats voice is just pathetic, if only he had some mechnical device to augment his voice, it would have been better)
    Kevin Conroy = Great Wayne, Great Bats

Conroy wins.

a.k.a. Coco
    Feedback
    190 (100%)
    Conroy only did a voiceover though. To me you can't really say he "portrayed" Batman the best. Maybe he sounded the best as Batman but portrayed?

King of the Monsters MODERATOR
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    Follow MaulFan on Flickr Visit MaulFan's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocoboloboy View Post
    Conroy only did a voiceover though. To me you can't really say he "portrayed" Batman the best. Maybe he sounded the best as Batman but portrayed?
    Ya, I think you'd have to say Batman: TAS Batman and Wayne, a combination of Conroy's voice and the animators efforts brought that to life.

I like Bale the most, he's a fantastic Wayne and I enjoy him as Batman. I think what they do with his voice is good, it's so departed from Wayne's voice, aids in the cover. Keaton's voice sounded nice, but Batman and Keaton were very close in sound so one with a sharp ear might go, hmmm sounds like Bruce Wayne to me. I'm still amazed how Bale does either voice with how his natural one sounds.

Formerly Congerking
    Feedback
    You could argue that, but just the force of that voice, with my love for that show, just bring to mind Conroy's voice whenever someone mentions batman

a.k.a. Coco
    Feedback
    190 (100%)
    I'm really gonna have to check the animated series out. Too many here are raving about it. I'm just not into modern cartoons and animation.

Formerly Congerking
    Feedback
    I'm really gonna have to check the animated series out. Too many here are raving about it. I'm just not into modern cartoons and animation.
    That series and JLU are some of my favorite animated series ever. I belive someone on YouTube has every episode on there. I'll look for it when I get home

Little fun fact: Kevin Conroy went to Julliard at the same time as Christopher Reeve......

Greatest Person Ever
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Yes you are. It's my fave cartoon of all time. Possibly my fave TV show of all time. Though, I don't think you can call a show from 1992 "modern" anymore

Glad to hear more people speaking up about Bale's bat-voice, good to know I'm not the only one that's put off by it. His voice (as well as some other aspects of his performance) far too intense for what I think Batman should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabukiman View Post
    Glad to hear more people speaking up about Bale's bat-voice, good to know I'm not the only one that's put off by it. His voice (as well as some other aspects of his performance) far too intense for what I think Batman should be.
    That's funny. It's his intensity that makes me love him as Batman. I still remember how cool it was to see him grab up Flass and question him.

"Swear to me!"

Still one of my favorite movie lines of all time.