I ordered one of the eFX 500 Stormie Helms

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow... There was a last wave of MR helmets for about €100 a while ago. They where just as nice, only cheaper. But if you care for the edition size of course...

Wow... There was a last wave of MR helmets for about €100 a while ago. They where just as nice, only cheaper. But if you care for the edition size of course...
Well these really are for the most part the exact same helmet. I few minor tweaks thats it.

I think you guys may be confusing the "stunt" CE edition with the "hero" version, which is what this eFX helmet is equivalent to. The "stunt" version was around a quarter of the price of the "hero" version. They never made enough of the MR "hero" version to even fulfill preorders, so I don't think it was ever on clearance. The MR "hero" helmet has been going for over $500 on ebay just recently.

And yes, I got one of the eFX ones.

The CE one is plastic, and molded in one piece. The higher end MR/eFX one is fiberglass, painted, more accurate, and padded inside. Yep, I got one.

Sold my MR one and got this one. I wanted to be consistent with the display stands if the make a Vader ANH and a Scout Trooper helmet. I would like to display those 3 together.

Not to mention that they seemed to make very slight improvements to this one.

I was going back & forth on this one but with so many other things coming out I decided not to pull the trigger. I think they are finally sold out , so the decision has been made for me.

i skipped on it also since i already have the MR version which i believe is from the same batch. congrats on those who got one! we want to see pics!

They actually have 9 left. They had some issues with system errors resulting in multiple orders and so forth, so I think they added a few back.

i skipped on it also since i already have the MR version which i believe is from the same batch. congrats on those who got one! we want to see pics!

They're not entirely the same. Apparently the coloration is slightly different and the paint on parts of the eFX is slightly better. But if I had the MR there's no way I would "upgrade" to the eFX. They're practically identical.

Comparison between MR and eFX Stormtrooper helmets

I snagged one. Already have the MR version, but I want this as well.

got mine....

IMG_0782.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

I got #3 with matching prints. didnt need the signature of someone I dont even know.

Back