Limited Edition Star Wars Adidas Shoes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
star-shoes-1.jpg

This is the first I'd heard about the limited edition Star Wars x Adidas Super Stars sneakers (do people still say sneakers? I do) but apparently they came out a couple months ago and were limited to 800 pairs per side of the force (that's 800 dark side, 800 light side). So they're probably already snatched up. I looked on eBay and nada. So, yeah, I guess I'm gonna have to write a couple threatening letters to Adidas to send me a pair.

Great attention to detail was taken by Adidas for these sneakers. The "Yoda" Super Stars feature a hemp upper much like something the Jedi Master wore on his home planet of Dagobah. In addition to the good choice of colors and materials, Adidas also covered the lace tips in the neon green color of Yoda's lightsaber. The "Darth Vader" Super Stars takes inspiration from the characters mask. The parallel lines on the side are like that covering Vader's mouth and the black patent leather to represent the glossy finish. Again Adidas finished off the kicks with red lace tips to match Vader's lightsaber.

Okay, so I just found a place that had been selling them (sold out now) for $275. Which, around here, is the same price as 11 mediocre lap dances (22 on buy one get one free night). And, honestly, which would feel better on your weary soles(!)? The prosecution rests.

Hit the jump for a ton more pictures of both the Vader and Yoda models.

star-shoes-2.jpg

star-shoes-3.jpg

star-shoes-4.jpg

star-shoes-5.jpg

star-shoes-6.jpg

star-shoes-7.jpg

star-shoes-8.jpg

star-wars-adidas-super-star-consortium-1.jpg

I like the Vaders. If you want more info:

https://www.nicekicks.com/star-wars-adidas-super-stars-consortium/

https://www.uberreview.com/2008/07/adidas-darth-vader-shoe.htm

I don't think I'd feel like a "Super Star" in those, unless the connotation for "Super Star" is similar to that of "Special".

Words on shoes is second to pictures as a big no no.

Shoes are about design. The could have used colors and patterns to represent Star Wars.

They didn't need "Super Star" in font on the back.

Here's a better example of how to work SW (tastefully) into fashion. It's too bad they're rare.

bobafetthoodie.jpg

Back