Should Yoda be replaced by a CGI version in the OT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthrazz

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I saw the Empire Strikes back yesterday after quite some time along with my wife and she posed the question: Shouldn't Yoda be replaced by CG version at in the OT at some point?

I have mixed feelings about this. I think that Frank Oz's performance is stellar, he made Yoda seem alive, the eyes of the puppet are so life life like in a few scenes. As a result of being a puppet his arms are much longer than they should be though. I'm really not too sure about this. If Lucas does replace the Yoda puppet , then such a great performance by Oz will be lost. What do you fellow freaks think?

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

In a word...

No!!!

In my eye Yoda was perfect as is for the OT... really an accomplishment and excellent performance.

Now, I would be fine with them replacing the crummy Yoda in TPM. That thing was terrible looking and highlights even more how kickass the original was :rock

Now, I would be fine with them replacing the crummy Yoda in TPM. That thing was terrible looking and highlights even more how kickass the original was :rock

Already been completed and just waiting for the next rerelease.

250px-TPM-CGYoda.JPG

I saw the Empire Strikes back yesterday after quite some time along with my wife and she posed the question: Shouldn't Yoda be replaced by CG version at in the OT at some point?

I have mixed feelings about this. I think that Frank Oz's performance is stellar, he made Yoda seem alive, the eyes of the puppet are so life life like in a few scenes. As a result of being a puppet his arms are much longer than they should be though. I'm really not too sure about this. If Lucas does replace the Yoda puppet , then such a great performance by Oz will be lost. What do you fellow freaks think?

I feel this might be my first abuse of mod power... I'm going to lock this thread-- put it into a tiny little box and toss it into the Sarlaac pit... And you sir, are going to have a Boba fate.

To quote the Comic Book Guy-- "Worst idea... ev--er."

I feel this might be my first abuse of mod power... I'm going to lock this thread-- put it into a tiny little box and toss it into the Sarlaac pit... And you sir, are going to have a Boba fate.

To quote the Comic Book Guy-- "Worst idea... ev--er."

:lol:lol Gentlemen, I did not mean to start a ruckus! Merely a discussion! :rotfl

I heard that was going to be done, but never saw anything. Now thats a huge improvement :rock

That screen cap is from one of the mini-docs on the Episode III DVD, so they've been working on it since 2005.

And to the question at hand...

Absolutely...

Postively...

NO F'N WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To even suggest such a thing! Kill the infidel! Get a rope!

Let's turn this question around.

Now who thinks the CGI PT Yoda should be replaced by the ESB Yoda.

Mine is the first vote for yes!

NO WAY IN HELL

Frank Oz made Yoda.

I still wish they would have not replaced the pot smoking Yoda from Ep1...

Yoda_pot.jpg

Best Yoda ever.

LOL

Aside from the diarrhetic s*** that was TPM Yoda, I don't have a problem with the AOTC/ROTS Yoda. He's photorealistic enough, and the nuances that Frank Oz and Rob Coleman put into him are just as good as ESB/ROTJ Yoda--even though the puppet scores more points for the level of coordination he required.

BTW, wasn't this topic brought up before? Or maybe just a general discussion about OT revisions.

Anyway, glad to see most people are against such a thing. Although, that doesn't mean Lucas wouldn't go ahead and remove him anyway :(

Back