No one told me to keep the box

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maverick

Super Freak
Reaction score
So when I destroyed my SIM they never told me to keep the boxes, so when my minty new SIM turned up today its in a plain white box:confused: I didnt keep it for two reasons, 1) They never told me, 2) I would expect a new box etc , I didnt think I would get the same edition number. Just a little pissed really because if I ever come to sell it in the distant future I wont have the box to show for it.

Thats odd that sideshow would send you a plain box, i haven't heard anyone on the board with this issue email sideshow and see if they could send you the box,:banghead

I'm not surprised. The boxes are individually inscribed with each statues edition number. You destroyed the statue and not the base, right? So sending you another box with the same number on it would enable you to do something unethical like ... oh, who knows.

That's a bummer, man. But I'd be surprised if they really mentioned nothing about keeping the box. Did you read the fine print of any and all communications they sent you?

I had to destroy the base as well so thats why I just binned everything assuming I would get a full box, statue etc back.

Last edited:
Ick. :( Well, yeah, that sucks.

I agree that you should get in touch with them ASAP. SSC is ridiculously good at the whole CS thing.

SSC is claimimg that they had new boxes, but they were stolen. They say they couldn't make more becuse the boxes are limited, but that sounds like a cop out to me. How difficult is it to print some more boxes up? :huh

This whole SIM thing has just been one fiasco after another.

thankfully mine came with another box.

wow that really blows big time if you got just a plain white box though. ugh id be pissed.

SSC is claimimg that they had new boxes, but they were stolen. They say they couldn't make more becuse the boxes are limited, but that sounds like a cop out to me. How difficult is it to print some more boxes up? :huh

This whole SIM thing has just been one fiasco after another.

Surely I must be entitled to some sort of refund then as Im not getting what I paid for!!

mine came with a box, but I think I was one of the first to ask for replacement.

I think the first ones to get replacements probably got boxes, and statues of the later serial numbers that were still in processing and hadn't been shipped out yet.

I also think the most recent replacements will get earlier lower serial numbers because they are repainted ones that were returned first, but apparently no box, which is weird because I returned EVERYTHING, box, shipper, statue, and base.

If it's any consolation, my box was beat to hell (big whole punch through the graphic) on my replacement and my base was very dusty.

I see it as your fault.

So if Id kept the box with a different number on the bottom would you think that if I sold it too you? I was told I was getting a replacement, if they were not going to send the box they should have said so, I would have kept it, but I didnt have a crystal ball, why the hell would I think "Oh I know Ill keep the box because when it turms up I'll want something to put it in!!" If Id have sent the whole thing back as our American friends did would they have matched the numbers and put it in the original box I think not.
I just hope next time you maybe have a fault on a car you dont return it becuase of say a bad engine, and all they send you back is the engine and no car and say well you should have kept the car because we are only replacing the engine that was faulty not the rest. Would you consider that your fault. Buying this statue has been one joke after another, if it didnt cost so much I might laugh, Im not a flipper per se, but do see this as an investment, Ill send you my white box for your original if you have it if its not such a big deal.

So if Id kept the box with a different number on the bottom would you think that if I sold it too you? I was told I was getting a replacement, if they were not going to send the box they should have said so, I would have kept it, but I didnt have a crystal ball, why the hell would I think "Oh I know Ill keep the box because when it turms up I'll want something to put it in!!" If Id have sent the whole thing back as our American friends did would they have matched the numbers and put it in the original box I think not.
I just hope next time you maybe have a fault on a car you dont return it becuase of say a bad engine, and all they send you back is the engine and no car and say well you should have kept the car because we are only replacing the engine that was faulty not the rest. Would you consider that your fault. Buying this statue has been one joke after another, if it didnt cost so much I might laugh, Im not a flipper per se, but do see this as an investment, Ill send you my white box for your original if you have it if its not such a big deal.

aye yay yay.

As complicated as the SIM situation was, I'm just glad most everyone has gotten the statue replaced.

Seriously, if you think about it, why would you throw away a perfectly good box? You should have kept it until you had everything in hand and then decide what to do with the extras. You could have at least given it to someone that may have needed one for their fake IM statue currently all over Ebay. :lol I wouldn't get that worked up over it, at least you got a replacement statue. If the box was such a big deal to you, you shouldn't have thrown out the original.

aye yay yay.

Seriously, if you think about it, why would you throw away a perfectly good box? You should have kept it until you had everything in hand and then decide what to do with the extras. You could have at least given it to someone that may have needed one for their fake IM statue currently all over Ebay. :lol I wouldn't get that worked up over it, at least you got a replacement statue. If the box was such a big deal to you, you shouldn't have thrown out the original.

:lecture....

If Id have sent the whole thing back as our American friends did would they have matched the numbers and put it in the original box I think not.

Actually when I have gotten replacements on statues recently, they have sent me a new statue with the same edition number, including the box.

Back