Couple of recent pickups. PICS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SquiderM3

Super Freak
Reaction score
Bowen Designs Silver Surfer

DSC_0338.jpg

DSC_0329a.jpg

DSC_0348.jpg

DSC_0353.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0334.jpg

DSC_0345.jpg

DSC_0297.jpg

I can't believe you are selling the Stealth IM. As your pics show, he's just AWESOME.

as always, great pics.

Awesome stuff man!! You're collection is incredible to say the least!

Looks like you lucked out and got a mint surfer. Most of 'em have damage on the head.. Great pics as usual!

Awesome stuff man!! You're collection is incredible to say the least!

Looks like you lucked out and got a mint surfer. Most of 'em have damage on the head.. Great pics as usual!

Thanks, appreciate the comps.

That's the one advantage of buying from a LCS. Had my pick of three and this one was the only one that was flawless.:joy

Squider, your photos always reproduce the colors perfectly. What kind of lighting setup are you using? Or is there some other method you apply to get perfect results every time?

I'm packing a D200 with an SB-28dx strobe mounted on top. Here's what I get:

2639908878_3fbdb2d82d_b.jpg

It looks like he might be using the EOS 900 kit. He's definitely using lighting umbrellas.

Saw you were using a D3 and got to say, your pics make the SIM look even more amazing! What kind of lens are you using? Is it a Macro as well. Thanks man!

The lens is the Nikkor 105mm 2.8 macro. Fantastic lens!

Squider, your photos always reproduce the colors perfectly. What kind of lighting setup are you using? Or is there some other method you apply to get perfect results every time?

I'm packing a D200 with an SB-28dx strobe mounted on top. Here's what I get:

Your colors look great! Colors on mine are straight out of the camera, I use the neutral setting on a D3 with white balance set to auto, the odd time I may adjust the temperature but not much. The Surfer you see with the lighter background was shot with straight daylight coming through a window and all the pics you see with the black background and the SIM were shot with lighting umbrellas with fluoroscent bulbs. Cheap bulb setup, no strobes.

Last edited:
I took a shot that is pretty close to your closeup. It seems like your camera (or post-processing) is removing the 'fine detail' and just leaving kind of a 'flat colored' picture. It may be some type of 'smoothing' or 'noise removal' setting that is doing it.

SiMs.jpg

Got these 2 same statues the other day as well. Im blown away by the surfer! might have to find a 2nd one to get chromed. Also is nice to have SIM back finally.

Yeah, that's some amazing detail, ComputerFly. :rock Give us the equipment breakdown. While Squider and I are definitely Nikon guys, it sounds like you might be a Canon fan.

Squider, thanks for the reply. My settings are the same as you've indicated, but it was shot with the runaround all-purpose workhorse, the 18-200 AF-S Zoom-Nikor 3.5-5.6. No Macro ability on that one.

Back