efx website is live

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks pretty cool. I'd love to have some of these things or things like this that MR did but room is basically done and saving money for other things.

it says vader concept helm so is it not the helmet we all know because dosen't look at all like vader

Ahsoka lightsaber replica? Who would buy a 1:1 prop based on a nobody CG character from the Clone Wars? :dunno

Not even the SIGNED Mara Jade did that well. I don't see the target market for this Clone Wars movie having the disposable income nor the interest in a $400 static saber. eFX better be careful here, it could be a costly blunder.

Not even the SIGNED Mara Jade did that well. I don't see the target market for this Clone Wars movie having the disposable income nor the interest in a $400 static saber. eFX better be careful here, it could be a costly blunder.

Really the Mara Jade made me some nice coin:rotfl:rotfl

Swabie has Snags blown his was over that McQuarrie helmet:lol

I am not sure where I got the impression. But I did get the impression that efx was going to be doing full costumes. I am a little disappointed. I would love to get a full set of Stormtrooper armor that is officially licensed. I also thought they were going to be doing thinks like Jedi outfits. I seem to remember seeing Obi-Wan's cloths when the announcement came out about the company starting up.

I hope these things eventually happen.

I am not sure where I got the impression. But I did get the impression that efx was going to be doing full costumes. I am a little disappointed. I would love to get a full set of Stormtrooper armor that is officially licensed. I also thought they were going to be doing thinks like Jedi outfits. I seem to remember seeing Obi-Wan's cloths when the announcement came out about the company starting up.

I hope these things eventually happen.

Master Replicas was the company you're thinking of, Darth Cruel. They even had prototypes on display a year or two back.

As for the Ahsoka lightsaber, do we even know the pricing tiers of their lightsabers yet? It may be cheaper than MR, opening up the market more. Considering their first product hasn't even gone up for order yet, I think it's a bit pre-mature to start predicting their success or failure.

What we can say for certain is that eFX is attempting to expand the boundaries of what MR did: lightsabers with "real" internal mechanisms, Studio Scale helmets based on concept art, EU lightsabers, etc.

mfoga, you sold her at the right time, lucky dog! MJ's value deflated after it peaked at $600-700. Now all you see are unsold auctions at $375 and so on. Sad, but it's true.. the prop market has withered away, and all the heavy-hitters from rebelscum have either found what they wanted, or have left the game altogether.

That Ahsoka saber is a frankenstein mess of OT-esque parts, but it has no charm. I'm scared to think that Lucas ordered efx to make 1500 of these..

The concept vader looks very interesting, although I would think it would have a fairly limited audience. Why are they only making 500 of the stormtrooper helmet? Seems kind of low. Are all of the edition sizes going to be similar?

As for them being cheaper than MR, I wouldn't hold my breath. If anything, I'd say the recent increase in the price of oil might make them more expensive.

The concept vader looks very interesting, although I would think it would have a fairly limited audience. Why are they only making 500 of the stormtrooper helmet? Seems kind of low. Are all of the edition sizes going to be similar?

As for them being cheaper than MR, I wouldn't hold my breath. If anything, I'd say the recent increase in the price of oil might make them more expensive.
I would guess the low Es is due to the fact that MR just released the same one minus a few small changes.

Here's something eFX apparently sent out in an email. Looks like there will be a McQuarrie signature edition. (I guess what he's holding is just a test shot for the helmet, since it will be 1:1 size.)

newsletter_july_2008.jpg

I can't wait to get that ANH Stormtrooper helmet, and that DV concept helmet looks cool also, but I may pass in order to get the X-Wing. :)

Im hoping to get a stormie bucket tomorrow, but am not holding my breath. These are going to go fast.
The McQuarrie Vader helm is a great idea, but I'll pass, and stick with the artwork.
Ahsoka's saber? Not really feeling it at all.

Back