Darth Vader PF - HELP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eny-

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I bought a Darth Vader PF figure @ ebay and it arrived damaged.

Although I don't want to believe that the seller sold me a broken statue, one thing is making me be suspicious of that.

As soon as I opened the box and noticed the broken bit I took some photos:

36536101cy6.jpg

76393722gz4.jpg

I find it strange that the broken piece magically found it's way out of the wrapping paper and ended up in another compartment of the box... Is it possible or I am right?

Cheers!

mine arrived like that from SS. It is odd that it was outside of the paper. but it might have moved there depending on how you opened up the box; probably not though. good luck I hope it works out for you. :monkey2

mine arrived like that from SS. It is odd that it was outside of the paper. but it might have moved there depending on how you opened up the box; probably not though. good luck I hope it works out for you. :monkey2

But mine not only was outside the paper it was next to the power supply and I didn't tilt the box when I opened it. :confused:

So, it's possible that the broken piece ended up there (first pic)?

There's always that chance...it's just a strange place for the broken piece to go if the styrofoam was taped together and the box was never previously opened.

If the guy was trying to rip you off, he probably would have put it back in the other area, so I think this actually makes it seem less likely that he knew about it being broken.

I hope it was insured, that way at least you can get some compensation. Difficult to know whether it was already broken.

Oh well, it's a clean break. How can I fix this in a way that the cut will not be seen? Is it possible? :sick

id try to get insurance or replacement,
If you fix it yourself, and ever get bored of it and sell it on, you will lose a lot of $ for it, as it will be sold as damaged, prob taking about $60/$70 off its value.
IMO.

The problem is that it was marked down for customs, so I wouldn't get what I've paid for it, not even near.

Yes, I can open a paypal dispute and get my money back but, although I found the broken piece in a strange place, I can't prove that the statue was already broken so I'm willing to work out things with the seller.

If I can fix the statue my mind will rest easier :peace

I'm very sorry that you received a great statue damaged. It does look repairable from your pictures.

I'm very sorry that you received a great statue damaged. It does look repairable from your pictures.

I think it is. It was a cleaned break. I just wanted to know what I can do to repair it and leave it like it was new, disguise the cut or something, if that's possible!

I think it is. It was a cleaned break. I just wanted to know what I can do to repair it and leave it like it was new, disguise the cut or something, if that's possible!

After repair, a thin strip of black electrical tape? I have also repaired scratches before with a Sharpie.

Sorry to hear about your problem with Vader. But seems it is not too hard to repair if that is what you want to do. Good luck!

sorry to hear that man !

I hope you can repair it.
Man I am glad my darth came in one piece.
how much did you pay for him ? If you dont mind me asking.
I payed 420 for mine shipped.

DSC05813.jpg

DSC05805.jpg

DSC05814.jpg

DSC05817.jpg

its such a shame !! is the best darth vader collectible in the world.

After repair, a thin strip of black electrical tape? I have also repaired scratches before with a Sharpie.

Sorry to hear about your problem with Vader. But seems it is not too hard to repair if that is what you want to do. Good luck!

Indeed. The question is how to fix it in a way that the cut isn't visible after repair. Using a sharpie does the trick?

SOLIDSNAKE, I reached an agreement with the seller and ended up paying $350 shipped to Europe (from the US).

Indeed. The question is how to fix it in a way that the cut isn't visible after repair. Using a sharpie does the trick?

i think he's talking about a scratch. i can't see a sharpie covering a break in the plastic. a strip of black tape may work to cover the break but i'm wondering if it still can be seen.

i think he's talking about a scratch. i can't see a sharpie covering a break in the plastic. a strip of black tape may work to cover the break but i'm wondering if it still can be seen.

Yep, I guess you're right. So what can I do after I glue the broken piece? :confused:

Back