Just curious if anyone here competes at any level of physical training for sport.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eli26

Super Freak
Reaction score
I know that a lot of us on here like our video games, movies, comics, action figures, statues, and props. However, I was wondering if there was anyone here that competes in anything? Like in martial arts, body building, or any other individual/team sports. It's cool to know we have something else in common, plus it's good following a healthy life style. You can appreciate your collectibles longer that way too. ;)

I have been active in sports since I was a little kid, playing baseball and hockey in my pre-teens until my late teenage years. I definitely want to get back into hockey again. Now I train rigorously in the gym lifting weights and running. I basically work out six days at 2 hours each = 12 hours per week. I have competed in body building and have placed well enough to go all the way in my Province/State for my weight class. I am thinking of improving on that, moving up a weight class, and probably competing once more. It becomes physically taxing after a while, and can be very stressful and detrimental to both the body and mind. That, and there is too much controversy and politics in the sport. There are those who train naturally like myself, and others who take the anabolic route, in which case, that is something I will never partake in.

I wish to follow in my parents footsteps and train for a marathon. Like them I'll start out doing a half marathon which is 13.5 miles, and then a full, which is 26 miles. I know a lot of guys here run, like Dannie Darko and others. My father is almost at the point now where he can qualify for the Boston marathon. So I am proud of his accomplishments, but even I am overwhelmed with the thought of running a full marathon.

Again, working out and sports have always been an important part in my life and I have always been interested to know if anyone still trains at this point in their adult lives on here.

i been a skateboarder since I was 15.

I also play paintball every weekend.

Snowboard every winter.

Surfboard every summer.

I play football for my highschool and occasionally on the weekends

I also do track and field

but I can't play basketball if my life depended on it.

Yeah man, I have played Football since little league.. I am still playing in a City League and hope to keep playing for a couple more years if my body permits, cuz I am a Middle Linebacker and my body takes alot of physical abuse, but I love it!!!:banghead

Doesn't matter. Just make sure it is tall enough and wide enough. I usually pick a snowboard a foot taller than me.

Make sure you get metal bindings. Plastics break easily.

You live in Canada and never snowboarded?

I don't compete in any sports, but I do try to prevent cancer whenever I get the chance.

I don't compete in any sports, but I do try to prevent cancer whenever I get the chance.

That can be a sport in itself batty.

That's cool Venakin, btw how did your team do last season?

915, sounds cool. I also been thinking of putting together a team of guys and girls for ultimate frisbee.. or heck football. But with the girls, it has to be touch. Which I ain't complaining!

Doesn't matter. Just make sure it is tall enough and wide enough. I usually pick a snowboard a foot taller than me.

Make sure you get metal bindings. Plastics break easily.

You live in Canada and never snowboarded?

Ski and play hockey... :)

But yeah, I never snowboarded. Heck, I even had a skateboard, but that was shortly lived. I prefer running, and mountain biking on off road trails too much. Funny eh? lol

I love to mountain bike, but have not for a really long time. Instead of buying a figure this week i decided to buy this instead... sports authority was having a sale(and some whey protein) I'm curious to see what i'm capable of so i figured what the hell!

002ip0.jpg

Also was a fitness trainer for 8 years, had my own gym ect in Hermosa Beach.. Thats how I met my wife, she was one of my clients..

Burnt out on that scene. Happy to be out of it.

Also was a fitness trainer for 8 years, had my own gym ect in Hermosa Beach.. Thats how I met my wife, she was one of my clients..

Burnt out on that scene. Happy to be out of it.

lol Bodie, love how you added the extra stuff there. I know you're teasing, but seriously the gym is a big part of my life. Yeah, if I wasn't in film school I would have become a personal fitness trainer. Good cabbage too...but yeah not a good idea to run a gym now. Too competitive now with all the high end gyms out there.

lazy.jpg

Seriously though,I used to do Shotokan Karate, got several trophies for Competition fighting and still got my licences and badges.
I really miss it actually, great way to vent frustration.
x :D

I used to do Tae Kwon Do when I was younger, but I ended up quitting when I was around 12 or so. I regret it now too, cause my instructor told me that if I stuck with it I would have been well into the mastery level by the time I was around 15 or 16, and would have been able to teach my own classes. I've thought about getting back into the Martial Arts, but a different style. I want to look into the styles out there before I make a final decision, but yeah I love anything to do with the Martial Arts.

I used to do Tae Kwon Do when I was younger, but I ended up quitting when I was around 12 or so. I regret it now too, cause my instructor told me that if I stuck with it I would have been well into the mastery level by the time I was around 15 or 16, and would have been able to teach my own classes. I've thought about getting back into the Martial Arts, but a different style. I want to look into the styles out there before I make a final decision, but yeah I love anything to do with the Martial Arts.

I say go for it, it is so challenging but so rewarding and I used to teach, Its a great feeling seeing the first student you taught get their Black Belt.

There's so many variations of martial arts now, i'm sure you'll find something you like
:duff

Back