Can anyone recommend ABC-Express on EBay?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raelthorne

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey Folks,

I was thinking of ordering the Tumbler and the Batpod from abc-express on ebay.

They have them for an excellent price but I'm concerned at having to pay now for items of such cost and not having any credit card (120 Days chargeback) or paypal (45 Days to file a dispute) protection in 7 or 8 months time if there's a problem. On the other hand I currently have the benefit of the weakened Dollar against the Euro.

Has anyone dealt with them before or can they be recommended. Can anyone alleviate my fears?

thanks,

Ken

Buy from Toys2 if you want a cheap price and the security of an actual company with a good reputation.

I have dealt with ABC before, and I prefer going through Toys2. No need to ever buy from ABC again, they are on eBay.....

Also, if you are in Europe....and security is a big issue....then I would still trust toys2 more than ABC.

I recommend them immensely , I'm in the Uk and have never had a problem with them.
I have ordered well over 20 things from them :)

I bought the popsalute T3 set from them a couple years ago. The problem I had was the package they sent me was lost in post but they had tracking on it. So when I had not received any parcel after 2 weeks since payment (I paid for EMS 3 day delivery), I was able to email them about the situation and they sent me out a second package which came through fine. I think the problem isn't so much their business but more to do with postal services from asia. Just make sure there's some form of insurance/tracking/registration in postage. Hope that helps :)

I read an old post by Tay when he had problems with them responding to emails - chasing things up. They seem to have 'difficulties' responding sometimes. However I've got Pred Cleaner Wolf hopefully coming this coming week from them and Hot Toys Joker on pre-order too.

When they do respond they seem to be courteous and professional enough.

I did a pricie match for Batpod and Batman from Toys2 against ABC. The difference is about £70.00 ($140.00) so ABC along with the other Hong Kong ebay sellers is considerably cheaper.

I say buy from either ABC or Goodshipped - another safe dealer.

In fairness though; any of the hong komg sellers with 98% or thereabouts feedback are all safe bets. TRUST

If you live in the US there's no reason to use them. If you're in EU you might.

That pretty much hits the nail on the head...

With the ebay selers from HK they ship direct from the source to us. Whereas with T2 they are based in Canada so the item is doing a trip aound the world to get to us. I presume this is reflected in the higher costs for none U.S customers.

I've pretty much purchased all my 1/6 stuff from the HK ebayers and have no complaints...so far. Saved a bundle too.

However the flip side is for more money going through T2; at least you can feel more 'safe' in your purchase...

CHOICES, CHOICES! :monkey4

From what I can see here they seem to be well recommended and trustworthy. I'll see what they come back with for postage costs. I'm just worried they may do a cut and run come January with no chance of a comeback for me

Nah they've been around too long for them to pull a cheap scam like that. At the end of the day though the proof is in the eating...hopefully it WONT happen, but let see if anyone does get hard done with thier TDK pre-orders...god i hope its not me...

I bought the popsalute T3 set from them a couple years ago. The problem I had was the package they sent me was lost in post but they had tracking on it. So when I had not received any parcel after 2 weeks since payment (I paid for EMS 3 day delivery), I was able to email them about the situation and they sent me out a second package which came through fine. I think the problem isn't so much their business but more to do with postal services from asia. Just make sure there's some form of insurance/tracking/registration in postage. Hope that helps :)

what he said. i have only ordered two things from them: the new Batman and the Joker. even though they haven't been shipped out, they have emailed me twice with updates and asking if i wanted a refund due to the delay (i thought they were still on track, but i bought from them when they first went up) as long as they can deliver the allotment i don't have a problem, but lately the batman figures have been worrying me because i hear that a lot of people are getting refunds because dealers aren't able to get all of their orders fulfilled.

Isn't that to do with the folk who have bought multiples of the same figure?? Personally, i think you should be restricted to one, maybe two purchases of the same item. It just gets on my tits no end people going on about how many of the same character they bought. It genuinely feels like a slap in the face against those of us who collect this cr ap as a hobby...and not as a cheap money making exercise!

Rant over!!!!

Yeah...true that...it just gets to me that MY pre-orders are placed in jeopardy coz of this all round greed !! But this is the inevitable by product of the crazy explosion in popularity of the 1/6 movie figure market.
Now my a ss is gonna twitch all the way until i have Batman, Batpod, Tumbler, Joker AND Ironman in my sweaty little hands...

Well I'm just waiting on ABC and mista305 to get back to me with quotes and then I'll make my decision...............

I've bought tons of stuff from ABC over the years and have never had a problem with him. I've got all my HT Dark Knight stuff coming from him.

I've bought tons of stuff from ABC over the years and have never had a problem with him. I've got all my HT Dark Knight stuff coming from him.

:rock same here. :D :rock
Is this place run by one guy ?. I know it sounds stupid but the same name is always left after a message when he replies to me.
I noticed a few weeks ago.

They've been selling on the net forever.Great compagny.

Back