The Wild One has landed - Brando arrives.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
I love the packaging on these Micon guys - the foam makes it more like a highend collectible. And I think these may be aimed at a different market than us - more the movie memoribilia people that will buy because it's Brando or Dean, not because it's a 1/6 figure.

But Brando lives up the expections raised with Dean. Great sculpt, great paint, great costuming.

The jacket is plain on the back. One thing to be careful about - they put in an instruction sheet about the collar snaps. I didn't know what they were referring to, until I saw the snaps under the top of the collar - they are VERY fragile. HT recommends using a slim metal item to unsnap them. They come unsnapped in the box, I snapped them and then went to adjust the collar and pulled one completely out of the jacket. They are just about in scale, but too, too fragile.

Pictures to come.

we got ours in a few weeks ago from Hot Toys the packaging is great and the figure looks really good...

I'm glad to hear the back of the jacket did not have that "Brando" logo on it.
I was kinda of worried....

I already made a BRMC logo and plan on making a decal for the back.

9MarlonBrando1953ver.jpg

I'm glad to hear the back of the jacket did not have that "Brando" logo on it.
I was kinda of worried....

I already made a BRMC logo and plan on making a decal for the back.

9MarlonBrando1953ver.jpg

Excellent work Bernard! Are you going to make these decals available to Freaks?

If it looks like it will be successful, I'm sure I could make enough for anyone interested... Mine is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, so I'll get started then.

Does anyone have the movie? I was hoping to get a better pic/still of the jacket so I could work on the logo some more.... If so, maybe you could send me a pic..

Thanks,

David

There's a wire in the collar, but mine doesn't go from corner to corner, that's a bit frustrating.

somebody on ebay says they have the "hong kong not sideshow" version, what's the difference?

Yeah, I like the bike too. With a little work, I think it could shape up to look like the Thunderbird. I think I finally have a use for the Schucco Zundapp that took a nose dive off my shelf. The seat should work pretty good.

Where did you get the Triumph? And that's the Bonneville, right? That was the only reason I didn't buy this figure--no movie accurate Triumph Thunderbird.

Yes, it's Bonneville, not Thunderbird.
I'm in HK and I can only find this similar bike at the China's auction site (Taobao.com) .

and Thanks all for enjoying those photos :D

Back