Medicom Wicket review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Medicom's VCD Yoda is a terrific figure that fits in great with both Medicom and Sideshow Star Wars figures, and so it was with great anticipation that I ordered their Wicket. Hey, I'm not a big Ewok fan, but I'm game for any great Star Wars figure to add to the sixth scale collection. Unfortunately, Wicket is no Yoda.

You can find all the reviews at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Happy 4th to my fellow Americans, and have a great weekend to everyone!

Michael
MWC

Sorry Mike I gotta say you're way too tough on this guy. The paint I agree with but the overall is a full star too low. Not sure what you where expecting but this is one review I'd say you missed the mark on.

Still not convinced he's too small (when he hugs Hans leg the top of his head is near Han's crotch), but I agree that for the size and quallity $60 is pretty crazy. The fact that it is basically of similar quality (and poseabilty) as the old Hasbro 1/6 ewoks is the real kicker.

I think this is a case where the brand name is what you are paying the most for.

Looks good as a stand alone piece. The size difference doesn't bother me too much since its an alien character and really I don't think I could tell you how big an ewok is supposed to be. Good review though.

Still not convinced he's too small (when he hugs Hans leg the top of his head is near Han's crotch), but I agree that for the size and quallity $60 is pretty crazy. The fact that it is basically of similar quality (and poseabilty) as the old Hasbro 1/6 ewoks is the real kicker.

I think this is a case where the brand name is what you are paying the most for.

He did come up to Han's crotch hight, but it appears that the Medi Wicket is about a half an inch short of that. I think it's about the right size for a Medicom figure though; Medi Han will probably be too short too, so Wicket should come to about the right hight there. It's strange that Medicom got Yoda's hight so perfect but not so here.
The sculpt and costume does look great, but I think the lack of articulation really hurts more then the size and paint issues. I think Medicom could've given him ball jointed hips, shoulders, head and perhaps ball jointed ankles which would've been more then enough for me.
Edit:
Finished reading the review, and I completely agree with Michael here, it's way over priced for the quality.

Last edited:
I agree that you don't get the bang for the buck on this one, especially considering it really doesn't fit in well scale-wise. For $60 you're better off picking up any of a number of in-stock Sideshow figure at that price. I had a lot of expectations for Wicket considering how well Yoda turned out and was going to pick the little booger up, but when I saw the initial photos of it next to the Sideshow Han I knew it was a no go.

For $60? I might have been expecting something better than a Mcfarlane $15 figure.

Agreed, with minimal articulation, especially if you don't pull away his head cloth from the glued points, it really is just a nicely painted tiny piece of vinyl. The sculpt work isn't anything so above say a McFarlane or NECA product to justify that expense. As far as reviewing him, I'd say he is overpriced, but if you're fond of the character and want a good represenation in roughly 1/6 scale, then he's a treat to have. I don't regret getting him.

Not in scale, but this is the best ewok ever sculpted.

wicket1.jpg

For $60? I might have been expecting something better than a Mcfarlane $15 figure.

Come on Michael! 2 stars broham?!? I think you are being a little too hard on the Beav so to speak. When you talk about size I don't see it. Wicket was tiny on screen and have you ever seen Warwick Davis in person? Still as always keep up the good work.

I'm fascinated that everyone is hung up on the scale, when the only thing the scale did was pull the sculpt down to ***. The reason he scores poorly is the other categories where he does so badly - articulation, accessories, and value.

I'm fascinated that everyone is hung up on the scale, when the only thing the scale did was pull the sculpt down to ***. The reason he scores poorly is the other categories where he does so badly - articulation, accessories, and value.

What thell hell do you want an ewok to come with? A rocket launcher? maybe some lightsaber hilts? Why would you want an ewok to have more articulation? Nevermind don't answer that. Value? LMAO!

What thell hell do you want an ewok to come with? A rocket launcher? maybe some lightsaber hilts? Why would you want an ewok to have more articulation? Nevermind don't answer that. Value? LMAO!

I think you're missing the point. He's not saying an Ewok should have lots of accessories, he's saying a $60 figure should come with substance to justify its price. As for articulation, they could have articulated his legs intead of glueing them in place, so that is a mess up on their part.

Agreed! besides, its a Vinyl Collectible Doll. Medicom never said it was an action figure. Infact, most VCD produced by Medicom dont even have any articulation (e.g disney vcds like Mickey mouse, stitch).

Agreed! besides, its a Vinyl Collectible Doll. Medicom never said it was an action figure. Infact, most VCD produced by Medicom dont even have any articulation (e.g disney vcds like Mickey mouse, stitch).

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER JOHNNY!

:winner

Back