"NEW" starwars.com SUCKS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adambadadam

Super Freak
Reaction score
I just love it when they go screwing around with something that works for the "latest and greatest". I can read ad nausem news about Star Wars Weekends and about Mickey with a ^^^^ing lightsaber, but no news about how they plan on jacking up the Official Website.

For anybody thats interested, the Official Website has changed yet again (2nd time in less than a year) and there is alot of exclusive and archival material missing. Examples being the Hyperspace exclusives like AudioCast and some of the rarer video.

Maybe no one else cares but I found the website cool enough to donate my $15-$20 a year membership. It had alot of content that Lucasfilm made sure didn't show up on youtube or other websites.

Anyone else pissed about this or am I the only one that kept a running membership?!?

For the reasons you mention and others, I let the "Hyperspace" thing go months ago...

Not feelin' the whole "EU" thing, don't want to hear or read what other pop/music stars favorite SW thing is, not seeing anything really new or useful that doesn't turn up somewhere else sooner or later.

Had no problem letting that thing lapse...

I stat current, but only for the nexclusive figures. I don't pay a lot of attention to the 'site.

Just posted a couple "angrrrry" messages to thier forums. From what I can gather there's been some neglect for some time now. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong, but like alot of good things the old site had a little something for everyone if you took the time time to find it. The problem was that if some of the other content showed up on other sites it usually got yanked because of property infringements and whatnot. If George wanted to keep some of the material on his site exclusively thats his right, with the new layout though, where does that stuff end up?

I just know I won't be back to renew my membership if they take away content instead of adding it.

No willing patron likes to go into thier favorite establishment and find the menu has been completely overhauled and downsized!

Just posted a couple "angrrrry" messages to thier forums. From what I can gather there's been some neglect for some time now. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong, but like alot of good things the old site had a little something for everyone if you took the time time to find it. The problem was that if some of the other content showed up on other sites it usually got yanked because of property infringements and whatnot. If George wanted to keep some of the material on his site exclusively thats his right, with the new layout though, where does that stuff end up?

I just know I won't be back to renew my membership if they take away content instead of adding it.

No willing patron likes to go into thier favorite establishment and find the menu has been completely overhauled and downsized!

I think I actually benefitted from this. The Medicom Shocktroopers disappeared in a manner similar to what you describe. But they never sold out. But the link to the product page from this site still worked, so I was able to get a couple of them way after I wouldhave thought they would have sold out.

You can click on through to the main website up top but remember to close the previous window or you'll get sick the continous clone loop!

I'm really fine with them wanting to push CW heavy but ^^^^ing up the main site to do it? WTH! Nearly every feature is Disney genre splicing or how to dress your child up as a puppet. Not that thats wrong it's just not for everybody. Especially this year when alot of fans and families have to sit the travel season out. "Stay"cation at Disneyland just isn't the same over the internet.

The new site absolutely sucks!!! All of the Hyperspace video archives appear to be gone now and the website has been reduced to basically one huge Clone Wars advertisement. Big thumbs down on this one.

It does seem more convoluted than it was before. And it wasn't very user friendly then.

New Site is Horrible, I didnt even like the one they did last year. What happened to "simple and easy to navigate"??

I just love it when they go screwing around with something that works for the "latest and greatest". I can read ad nausem news about Star Wars Weekends and about Mickey with a ^^^^ing lightsaber, but no news about how they plan on jacking up the Official Website.

For anybody thats interested, the Official Website has changed yet again (2nd time in less than a year) and there is alot of exclusive and archival material missing. Examples being the Hyperspace exclusives like AudioCast and some of the rarer video.

Maybe no one else cares but I found the website cool enough to donate my $15-$20 a year membership. It had alot of content that Lucasfilm made sure didn't show up on youtube or other websites.

Anyone else pissed about this or am I the only one that kept a running membership?!?

Do you mean 'pissed off?' or drunk?? Confused as pissed means drunk here and I wish you'd get it right.

The only thing that sucks worse than the new website is people who continue to troll in the SW section of this forum for no apparent reason. :rolleyes:

Back