Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Sideshow Freaks

Poll: Aliens 5 or Predator 3

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Default Re: Predator 3 vs Aliens 5

Quote Originally Posted by NASEDO View Post
    From the mouth of Sigourney Weaver:

“The last time [Ridley and I] saw each other we talked about it. The character is still interesting [and] I’d love to work with Ridley again,” Weaver said. “But Fox has effectively killed it because of ‘Alien vs. Predator.’ What else can you do with the creature? You can take the situation, you can go back to where they came from. …To play someone who ages a couple hundred years was fascinating. [But] let [Ripley] rest.”

So true that AVP killed both franchises.
    Interesting information there!

That's why I HATE AVP 1 and 2. It killed Aliens and Predator and didn't bring anything to the scene other than Dawson Creek NOOB type actors.

How about a documentary type movie that leaves you hanging like LOTR?

WHAT ABOUT A CLOVERFIELD TYPE ALIENS MOVIE?!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    70 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by screamingmetal View Post
    I'd like either to be made, but if I had to chose, it would be Alien5. The AVP films felt really slanted towards the Preds so I'd like something to return the Aliens back to their original badass horror status instead of just being a bunch of cannon fodder.

But I don't want a continuation of the Ripley storyline, I'd prefer something to feature the Colonial Marines or something similar.
    OK but, assuming you're not being sarcastic (see my previous exchange with Rincewind), if you're going to have colonial marines how would the Aliens not be treated like cannon fodder? Vica versa if Aliens aren't going to get shot up whats the point in having colonial marines?

Quote Originally Posted by Weyland-Yutani View Post

Please....stop. Please. Fox reads message boards....

Quote Originally Posted by a-dev View Post
    Ah. My apologies.

no worries buddy.

I think everyone here is quite right in saying that AVP killed the last remaining chances of a good Predator or Aliens movie.
    I still really enjoy watching Predator and Alien and Aliens, and I would be quite happy if they never did another Pred/Alien film ever again.

Maybe the next Avp movie can be even darker, and the audience has to wear thermal googles to see, just like the Predator.

Xenomorph Rex
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weyland-Yutani View Post
    Interesting information there!

That's why I HATE AVP 1 and 2. It killed Aliens and Predator and didn't bring anything to the scene other than Dawson Creek NOOB type actors.

I actually like that idea.
    In fact, I though that CLOVERFIELD WAS AVP:R at first.

Seeing as how the creatures have been overexposed, a "humans only" perspective might do them some good IMO. The "not knowing when or where" should bring some spontaneity back to both franchises.
    That would also be a good way of never fully showing the creatures, and turn the films back into horror- instead of action- flicks.

An example of what I mean is like in ALIENS when the Marines were in the Hive.
    "Apone, where's Apone?"....."Forget him, he's dead"!

Totally awesomeness!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I'd love too see it happen but i'm not too optimistic
    Soon to come Kratos PF
    Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Predator 3 for me. I would vote Alien5 only if Cameron directed and it turned out 3 and 4 did not happen. Newt, Hicks,Bishop and Ripley are still alive

Super Freak
    Feedback
    First off, I have to say if we ever see ALIEN 5 or PREDATOR 3...I'd want to see some TRUE talent behind these movies. A great, talented director who knows what the hell he is doing much in light of Ridley Scott, James Cameron and heck...I'll even extend credit toward John McTiernan and even Stephen Hopkins did well with Predator 2.

I'd want talent that certainly loves and cares for the creations but isn't too "fanboy" like Paul Anderson.

Not only that, we need a great script as well. For Alien 5, I'm all for the Aliens on future Earth.

However, I want to see PREDATOR 3...and I'd actually like to see a DIFFERENT perspective in this and have the protagonist be a PREDATOR. Taking him from his birth, to growing up in Predator society to eventual learning the hunt and departing to a human colony to become Blooded. There could be minimal communication, with most of the Predator-only scenes having to be decyphered by the audience through the actions of the actors on-screen.

Or perhaps we can have a human narrator...and in the end discover that the story is more about a human who has crash-landed on the Predator homeworld...having been discovered by the clan, his integration and proving himself through combat...very similar to Machiko's story. It'll be very similar to one of those "acceptance" stories into a foreign society...however this is from a totally different aspect.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardoon View Post
    First off, I have to say if we ever see ALIEN 5 or PREDATOR 3...I'd want to see some TRUE talent behind these movies. A great, talented director who knows what the hell he is doing much in light of Ridley Scott, James Cameron and heck...I'll even extend credit toward John McTiernan and even Stephen Hopkins did well with Predator 2.

I'd want talent that certainly loves and cares for the creations but isn't too "fanboy" like Paul Anderson.

Not only that, we need a great script as well. For Alien 5, I'm all for the Aliens on future Earth.

However, I want to see PREDATOR 3...and I'd actually like to see a DIFFERENT perspective in this and have the protagonist be a PREDATOR. Taking him from his birth, to growing up in Predator society to eventual learning the hunt and departing to a human colony to become Blooded. There could be minimal communication, with most of the Predator-only scenes having to be decyphered by the audience through the actions of the actors on-screen.

Or perhaps we can have a human narrator...and in the end discover that the story is more about a human who has crash-landed on the Predator homeworld...having been discovered by the clan, his integration and proving himself through combat...very similar to Machiko's story. It'll be very similar to one of those "acceptance" stories into a foreign society...however this is from a totally different aspect.
    I wouldn't mind if the film was from the Predator's perspective but I don't know if I'd like the Predators talking through their own language but if they did that clicking noise they make to each other it might work?
    Soon to come Kratos PF
    Hidden Content

Super Freak
    Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Alien 5 would need to start with the following scene:

*Ripley wakes up from a hypersleep pod*
    Ripley: Oh god!
    Hicks: What's wrong?
    Ripley: Oh nothing. I just had this horrible nightmare that we all died.
    Newt: Don't be afraid Ripley. It was just a dream.