Rock Band 2 announced!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This may be a dumb question and has probably been answered before, but can you use the Guitar Hero guitar with Rock Band?

blah... this game is only fun if you have roommates.

or a family.:D

my wife and i play this almost every night (her on vocals and me on drums). when my step-son is here, he's pretty good on lead guitar.

it's just a fun thing for all of us to do together.

What's funny ( and I'll admit it ) is when I am really drunk and playing GH3 I'll jump around and act like I am really rocking out cause I am having so much fun.....Ima tool, but I have fun so who cares? :lol

What's funny ( and I'll admit it ) is when I am really drunk and playing GH3 I'll jump around and act like I am really rocking out cause I am having so much fun.....Ima tool, but I have fun so who cares? :lol

exactly! who cares. i never i thought i'd ever sing RB in a room full of people, but you get to the point you just say who the F cares?

hey, abouta send a PM your way.

I figured this would happen. It's still great news thou. I love Rock Band. I just wish the PS3 version would come out at the same time as the 360.

I expect Harmonix to tweak the drums, and add the cymbals like Activision is doing w/Guitar Hero...

I might pick this up when it comes out. I just read that the downloaded songs from the first one will work on the second one so thats a plus.

I'm on the PS2 still and I never fell in love with Rock Band the way I did (and still do Guitar Hero).

Guitar Hero 2 was great I didn't pick up 3 because I didn't like a lot of the songs that were on it. Rock Band has added some great songs for download and that is what I am looking at.

Guitar Hero 3 had a lot of endless button mashing. Rock Band had songs that were more fun to play (for me) and had more catchy riffs rather than mindless scales.

I like the RB focus on a song that is balanced and offers fun on all four levels rather than just something that is a guitar shredding showcase.

I really like GH2 and 3, but I think 3 was a lot harder to play. On GH2 I had no problem getting 5 stars on all songs, but 2. On GH3 there are songs I was lucky to even get 3 stars on Medium. I think GH3 was a little too hard for the average gamer. Just my opinion.

I really like GH2 and 3, but I think 3 was a lot harder to play. On GH2 I had no problem getting 5 stars on all songs, but 2. On GH3 there are songs I was lucky to even get 3 stars on Medium. I think GH3 was a little too hard for the average gamer. Just my opinion.

Agree on this and the butoon mashing comment above. GH3 is actually my least fav of all the GH games. I'm pretty good in that I can beat Hard on all the games, but GH3 is just waaayyy out there.

Back