The 2nd SSF ALIENS Ada group commission?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As I write this, the ALIENS Bishop head we all commissioned together here on SSF is finished being cast by Ada and then being gotten ready to be shipped out. A big round of applause for everyone here who came together to make it happen! :banana:banana:banana

Our cast of 1:6 ALIENS characters is slowly getting completed, damn it!
So the big question I want to ask here is, are we up to doing another community/forum ALIENS head commission from Ada? If so, who would we want this time? Is there a head that could generate enough interest to get 10 contibutors for the commission (the magic number, at $35 a head to pay for a fraction of her sculpting fee and to get a copy of the finished head?)

Would people want corporate weasel, Burke, to finish your cast (or to mount cocooned to a wall begging for help?) How about Gorman? Maybe a dead-on, about to cry, pansy faced Hudson? Someone more Isoteric?
Throw some ALIENS wants out guys!

I like her work enough that I'd be into another sculpt from her, but unrelated to Aliens. I'd like a decent Bill Murray from Ghostbusters.

And a big thanks to everyone who put the Bishop commission together! :rock

I like her work enough that I'd be into another sculpt from her, but unrelated to Aliens. I'd like a decent Bill Murray from Ghostbusters.

A GB Bill Murray is a giganticly HUUUUUUGE want for me that I'd want from her as well actually (particularly after seeing her Ramis), so since I do a few head commissions at the same time from her when I do them, lets have Bill be the other one I do. I'm actually booking out to a Phantasm horror convention right now (I'm a nerd!) so I don't have time, but I'll throw up a seperate thread for Venkman when I get back on Sunday.

The real question is, can anyone do us the 1:6 GB tech stuff?

Burke seems to be the popular choice by far for this ALIENS one so far.
The masses have spoken.

"I'm real disappointed in you, Ripley. I expected...better"

I know it's really for the MAD ABOUT YOU customs you all want. :rotfl

burkes the bad bastard who is the cause of alot of the chaos in aliens.
I consider him as much as a bad guy as the aliens themselves !.

So it'll either be Burke or Gorman. Whoever doesn't get made now will be made next time, but right now, Burke is in the lead (barely), so just to keep this puppy moving, lets say Burke this time, and see if we can get 10 people interested at $35 a head unpainted, (+$5 shipping).

As always, that's just the cost for 10 people. If for some reason Burke and all the "Mad About You" fans get this to 20 people involved with the commission, the price will drop like the Bill Murray commission did accordingly (that dropped to $25!).

I'm down for a Burke. I would think the outfit wouldn't be too hard to do. As I recall, he's basically wearing a suit, but it has unusual collars on it:

a2out1p1.jpg

a2out4p2.jpg

You might be able to just use a normal suit and flip up the upper collar after making a couple of strategic cuts.

If I did a Burke, he would be in LV-426 outfit.

That would of course make more sense if you plan to pose him with the marines, but for some reason I always though his suit was more memorable and seemed to symbolize his "inner bastard" better. :lol

I might do both.

Oh rise, mighty head commission thread from the deep. Know ye that continuing forward, this will be a Chris Howes sculpt commission instead of Ada!
-Rick :)

id be down for a burke :rock we were talking about this in the other thread. the ultimate slime bag weasel corporate buisness man we all like to hate :lol awesome seen when there in the room after ripley got face hugged (kinda) and hes protesting his innocence but he's blatantly guilty, you almost feel sorry for him. i did anyway :eek: :lol

carterburke.jpg

:D

Back