The Incredible Hulk's Most Amazing Feats

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
The Incredible Hulk has to be one of the most insane characters ever created. He exists on sheer anger and willpower. It is that anger that fuels some of the most incredible feats of strength and survival in all of comicdom. Here, in no particular order, are 11 of the greatest feats ever performed by the not-so-jolly-Green Giant.

1) Holding up a mountain in Secret Wars (Secret Wars #4)
Hulk-mountain-Secret-Wars-4.jpg

Hulks hold up mountain in Secret Wars

How the hell do you pick up a mountain? Apparently, only the Hulk knows, and only the Hulk can. The angrier the Hulk gets, the stronger he gets, so for him to be pissed off enough that he can hold up an entire mountain…well, I'd hate to be the recipient of his rage after that! Hulk gets angry as Reed Richards tells the other heroes his brilliant plan to help them escape from under the mountain Hulk is holding, telling Reed to shut up as he's the one holding up the mountain. Reed goads Hulk, telling him, "You're correct; you are a brute! So keep using your muscle! That's all you're good for!" Of course, this was all a ploy to anger Hulk more so he could keep holding the mountain while they made their escape.

2) Lifting and moving the Blob whom can increase his center of gravity (Marvel Fanfare #07)
Hulk-moves-Blob-Marvel-Fanfare-07.jpg

Hulk lifts and moves the Blob

"Nothing moves the BLOB!" That was always the Blob's catch phrase, that is, until he went against the Hulk. Against all other foes, the Blob was physically immovable, but one punch from the Hulk, and even the Blob goes flying. I'd be willing to bet Blob wasn't able to do much of anything after that, too.

3) Breaking Superman's grip and throwing him into space (Incredible Hulk vs. Superman)
hulk-vs-superman.jpg

Hulk fights Superman, breaks grip

Superman vs. The Hulk. Most people would automatically assume that Superman would mop the floor with the Hulk, but not so…and from Superman's own admission, the Hulk is "…STRONG! Stronger than anyone i've EVER gone up against!" Superman doesn't say that about just anyone. Moreover, the fact that Hulk punched Supes into SPACE is just unheard of. Eat THAT, Doomsday!

4) Smashed an asteroid twice the size of the Earth with a single punch (Marvel Comics Presents #52)
Big-Assteroid-Marvel-Comics-Presents-52.jpg

Hulk destroys asteroid twice size of Earth

Hulk punches an asteroid TWICE the size of Earth and shatters it. With. One. Punch. (…and the assistance of jet propelled anti-magnetic rocket springs, which sounds really dumb when you say it out loud, but who cares…) To steal a phrase from Transformers, "This is a hundred times cooler than Armageddon, I swear!"

5) Survived nova burst from the Human Torch (World War Hulk #02)
Human-Torched-World-War-Hulk-02.jpg

Hulk survives nova from Human Torch

During World War Hulk, every hero put aside their differences to try and stop ol' Greenskin from destroying the human race with his fury. There was no holding back from anyone, including the Human Torch, who let loose his strongest blast, the nova burst. And, as usual, all that did was make Hulk more angry…

6) Ate Galactus and gained his cosmic power. (Marvel Zombies #05)
Galactusy-Marvel-Zombies-05.jpg

Hulk eats Galactus in Marvel Zombies

This one's just all kinds of disturbing. First, we have Zombie Hulk, which one can only imagine has an insatiable appetite. Then, you've got Galactus, who only bestows the Power Cosmic to his heralds, and even willingly they can only handle a small amount of Galactus' power. And when Hulk EATS Galactus, he obtains the Power Cosmic and now has the ability to transverse space at will, and can devour planets.

7) Reflecting Gladiator's eye beam back into his eyes, which was describe as being hotter than the center of the sun (Hulk Annual #97)
gladiators-eyebeams-Hulk-Annual-97.jpg

Hulk reflects Gladiator's Eyebeams back

Instead of melting under the intense heat of a beam described as being as hot as the center of the sun, the Hulk's sheer anger fuels him long enough that his body mends itself as he pushes forward through the beam to reach Gladiator and force the beam back into his head.

8) Supports the weight of continents during Tectonic shifts (Planet Hulk #105)
Planet-Hulk-tectonics-Incredible-Hulk-105.jpg

Hulk supports continent during Tectonic Shift

During Planet Hulk, Hulk finds his world coming apart at the seams…the world that he has come to call home after his banishment from Earth. Knowing he is the strongest there is, he pushes the planet back together by force and realigns the Tectonic Plates that have shifted into dangerous positions by nothing more than sheer force of will and strength.

9) Outlives all other life on earth (Hulk - The End)
Last-Man-Hulk-The-End.jpg

Hulk outlasts all other life on Earth

Hulk constantly states he's the strongest there is, and in several alternate realities, he proves it by being the sole survivor. In the end, he finally has the peace that he constantly seeks by being left alone, and survives solely on his body's regenerative powers.

10) Ripped Wolverine in half (Ultimate Wolverine vs. Hulk #01)
Rip-Ult-Wolverine-vs-Hulk-1.jpg

Hulk rips Wolverine in half

Ultimate Wolverine is sent to find and kill Ultimate Hulk in what promised to be the most badass of bruhahas. In a sort of re-telling of Hulk and Wolvie's first ever meeting, the two face off, but this time around, what happens? Hulk tears Wolvie in HALF. Wolverine isn't even really all that surprised by it…this IS the HULK we're talking about after all…

Also, the other great thing about this issue is Banner flipping out repeatedly because he's called impotent, and is a vegetarian. Favorite line: "Tofurky NOT FUNNY!"

Last but not least:

11) Made purple pants stylish…(Every issue)
hulk-stylish-pants.jpg

Hulk's purple pants

No other hero can get away with wearing nothing more than purple pants and it be cool…but what really trips me out about Hulk's pants is the fact that Banner could be wearing ANY color pants, and Hulk will end up in purple pants…Apparently, Gamma Radiation affects skin color and pants color. Either way, it's a true test of strength to look cool in tattered purple pants…

Hulk freakin' rules all (as we've seen in WWH)!!!! :rock :rock :rock

thanks for posting these! :rock

Hulk's most incredible feat is how he defies the laws of physics. I realize all superheroes do it but Hulk takes it to the next level. :D

That's my biggest problem with the character, they Supermaned him to the point of being completely invulnerable. Because he's so powerful, it becomes difficult to write a compelling advisory that can pose a threat to him. At this point, the Hulk really only fits the role of a villain in a story then a hero. The only way to fix that is to radically depower him.
I think the Hulk being so powerful is more of a hindrance then an asset to the character.

Very cool. :rock

I still remember as a kid reading Secret Wars when the Hulk held up that mountain.

I'm not a huge Hulk fan but that was rather impressive. I only wish Marvel was more consistent with his power levels.

That's my biggest problem with the character, they Supermaned him to the point of being completely invulnerable. Because he's so powerful, it becomes difficult to write a compelling advisory that can pose a threat to him. At this point, the Hulk really only fits the role of a villain in a story then a hero. The only way to fix that is to radically depower him.
I think the Hulk being so powerful is more of a hindrance then an asset to the character.

I agree somewhat. Having a "hero" that powerfull IMO makes him/her very boring. You can get away with it with a villain but a hero can't be that perfect. That's one of the reasons that Peter David was so good on Hulk. He made the character more fleshed out with real problems, faults, weaknesses.

I think that's the reason I'm not much of a Superman fan. I just can't take him seriously as a character when he's fighting villains that he should be able to beat in like 10 seconds.

Hulk eats Galactus huh?
This characters strength varies so wildly by the whim of any writer that is stuck with him its pathetic.

You can add those two recent feats he did to the list:

- Punching out the Watcher
-Throwing Fin Fang Foom to the Moon....:lol

And in the Red Hulk serie it is said that Hulk will do reality bending feats of strenght.Like stopping the juggernault in movement and stuff like that...

Hulk eats Galactus huh?
This characters strength varies so wildly by the whim of any writer that is stuck with him its pathetic.

...but that is in Marvel Zombies, which is so far out of continuity it isn't funny.

Doesn't Hulk kick the crap out of The Sentry as well?

Sentry is meant to be more powerful than Superman...

WWH.jpg

Back