Hot Toys - MMSxx - The Dark Knight - 1/6 Batman (TDK Suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Since we have legit and clean shots of this to get real conversation going on it, figured I'd start a new thread to keep these threads on topic of the figure they're dedicated to.

dk5.jpg

dk6.jpg

2597399260_179f12ee88_b.jpg

2596590381_2df78c8607_b.jpg

Can't wait for even more up close, detailed shots. Very intrigued by the process they're using on this figure.

Looks like the pectorals and shoulder armor are a separate piece almost like football players wear for shoulder padding, then the arms are solid pieces of armor over, presumably, a cloth underlayer, which is accurrate to the suit, with the abdoment being a solid piece it would appear. Wonder how they'll have put the legs together.

One benefit I'm liking of this suit over the Begins suit for figures, it seems to lend itself well to being made in a way that's more stable and functional so you don't have to worry about limits of a rubber suit or damaging it. Great kudos to them, and I don't care if there are innaccuracies to the film suit to pull this off, I want the figure to be the best figure it can.

That looks great I was going to just get the new HT Begins suit but this one is looking to good to pass up.

I'm getting both :rock this figure looks great. I wonder if this one will also include the Wayne head or if they just threw it in there without trying to tie parts to specific figures. Worst case just take the head from the Begins figure, they'll likely attach the same way. I want to recreate the shot of Bruce in this suit contemplating events with a heavy heart like the trailer.

Looks good. I would have figured they would put the armor pieces onto a fabric body suit like the movie suit.

wow,that looks simply awesome,the head isnt too big either,like the BB version!

You guys should take notice that this is a prototype, and some aspects, like the cowl, will probably be touched up in the future.

The cowl isn't accurate, it's just the BB cowl on the TDK suit. Just look at the mouth opening and the jawline, very different from the official movie shots.

Im worried about these areas that i marked in red here,it might be a problem with the paint peeling off like The Metal Gear solid 4 figure did,same with the Appleased figures,if anyone has experienced that problem before...

Im worried about these areas that i marked in red here,it might be a problem with the paint peeling off like The Metal Gear solid 4 figure did,same with the Appleased figures,if anyone has experienced that problem before...

It has to be a cloth undersuit with rubber armor pieces over the suit, it is not all rubber. I mean if DC can do it that way on their 13" figure I am sure HT can do it on theirs.

I see the Batpod becoming a huge value on the secondary market, more so than the Batmobile.

Anyone wanting it should probably snatch it up right away.

Hopefully those rubber pieces will be molded in black...that can help avoid any paint peeling issues.

It doesn't appear to look like cloth to me.

Here is a pic from the MGS4 figure,im afraid the TDK figure is the same thing,too bad if that is the case,sure hope not!

Great looking figure, but I don't like the suit as much as the Begins one. So, I'll probably just be limiting myself to the reissue figure.

Man Hot Toys makes some cool stuff.....they are killing me in the wallet....but oh well.....I wish they could get a license for doing Chris Reeves....

Great looking figure, but I don't like the suit as much as the Begins one. So, I'll probably just be limiting myself to the reissue figure.

Same here, I am more than happy with my current Batman. I dont think I will be picking this one up.

Back