Medicom Kubrick Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kuzeh

Machete Don't Tweet!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
So,
I really don't collect Kubricks, but I might get this ones, just because GB collectibles are pretty scarce.
Hopefully we'll see 1/6 figures soon, now that the GB game is coming out? :cool:

20080621_b2b17edb0ab6f1d89280x6QiMVAl1Utm.jpg

Kubrick figures can get around the likeness license, but a 1/6th figure can't.

Bill Murray won't give out his likeness.

I've heard, but they convinced him of doing the voice-over for the game, so, maybe, he'll allow it this time, it's more money for him.

Well voice is one thing, looks is another. I think most of the celebrities that don't give out their likeness is for religious reasons against graven images.

This is one of the reasons Amish dolls have no faces and they don't like their pictures taken.

Interesting, I like the Stay-Puft one a lot! And I'll take this as a sign that we may oneday see GB figures in 1/6... even if it may not be the case. I like to leave a llittle room for hope :lol

Well voice is one thing, looks is another. I think most of the celebrities that don't give out their likeness is for religious reasons against graven images.

This is one of the reasons Amish dolls have no faces and they don't like their pictures taken.

Somehow I don't see Murray as a religious type of guy :lol
I can only hope he allows Medi to make Dr. Venkman with a stylized version of him...

No, it's because the licensor doesn't offer enough money or the celeb just thinks it's creepy. Maybe for Stephen Baldwin or Mr. Cruise it's for religious reasons but not for any of the sane ones.

I'm f'n stoked for these! The coolest thing Medicom has put out in a looooooong time...

somebody give me 1/6 ghostbusters already. when it happens(notice i said when) ill probably faint and hit my head and need to be rushed to the ER.

somebody give me 1/6 ghostbusters already. when it happens(notice i said when) ill probably faint and hit my head and need to be rushed to the ER.

I'd bite for that. I'm really suprised no has tried picking up those yet. Hot Toys is certainly not adverse to fudging a likeness on the actor if they can't get the rights.

I wish NECA continued their line past series 1. Those figures were great.

Yep, HT would be the company of choice for 1/6 Ghostbusters. With the space suits we know they aren't afraid of lights on figures and they will also do characters even if they can't get the likeness rights. Bring them on!

Yep, HT would be the company of choice for 1/6 Ghostbusters. With the space suits we know they aren't afraid of lights on figures and they will also do characters even if they can't get the likeness rights. Bring them on!

Agree 100%, even if they cant get the likeness right we know HT can get around it and still make amazing figures!

Back