pricing for the venom bust....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azurepred

It's so fluffy!!!
Reaction score
hey guys, so i need yur opinion here. im in the market for a venom 1:1 bust, but just looking at the pricing on ebay, what do u guys think would b a fair price on one of these. i have seen them for no less than 1800 on there, is that ridiculous or is it just me? seeing as they were only 550 at sideshow when launched. now, i have seen the spidey busts on ebay, there are 4 right now, all less than the venom bust, a couple closer to 1k instead of 2k and there are 250 of the spidey's made compared to the 300 of the venom. i totally understand that these prices would b higher, but 2k for one!! thats almost 4x spike! and i have yet to c one of them sale for these prices, im in no hurry by any means, i am just waiting for a descent price on one.......opinions plz :D

If don't need one right now, I'd say wait a while and see if the price stabilizes to something a little more reasonable.

What's the rush?

My advice is to pick this up now before the price raises any more.

SS Marvel pieces don't devalue hardly at all so I don't think Venom's price will drop any time soon.

If you wait, you'll end up paying way more than 2K.

Thank god I got mine for retail. :monkey3

hey guys, so i need yur opinion here. im in the market for a venom 1:1 bust, but just looking at the pricing on ebay, what do u guys think would b a fair price on one of these. i have seen them for no less than 1800 on there, is that ridiculous or is it just me? seeing as they were only 550 at sideshow when launched. now, i have seen the spidey busts on ebay, there are 4 right now, all less than the venom bust, a couple closer to 1k instead of 2k and there are 250 of the spidey's made compared to the 300 of the venom. i totally understand that these prices would b higher, but 2k for one!! thats almost 4x spike! and i have yet to c one of them sale for these prices, im in no hurry by any means, i am just waiting for a descent price on one.......opinions plz :D

I think part of the problem stems from the User Anonymity bidding feature providing a bredding ground for this type of activity.

If the anonymity wasn't there, then I bet we wouldn't see these current secondary market prices.

In addition, you probably have individuals bidding on certain pieces (with no intention of buying) to ensure the secondary market value doesn't drop. I'm sure a collector's worst fear is to see the value of their investment slowly plummet. :monkey2

I think part of the problem stems from the User Anonymity bidding feature providing a bredding ground for this type of activity.

If the anonymity wasn't there, then I bet we wouldn't see these current secondary market prices.

In addition, you probably have individuals bidding on certain pieces (with no intention of buying) to ensure the secondary market value doesn't drop. I'm sure a collector's worst fear is to see the value of their investment slowly plummet. :monkey2

Interesting Point. Sounds like a conspiracy, so I'd dismiss that.

Most Marvel pieces have held or gained value, regardless of the company making them. Strictly speaking of Sideshow, most of their low edition size Marvel stuff is highly sought after--it's basic economics from there.

well, the thing is, i c them up for these prices w/buy it now and ^^^^^, but i have never seen an actual completed transaction with a winning bidder at that price. i mean i spent close to the same for the ex pred maquette, but that only increased 2x its orig price, so 4x the original price for the venom just makes me wonder why, especially seeing that the spidey one limited to 250 goes for a lot less. can someone explain the value difference b/w the spidey bust and the venom???

well, the thing is, i c them up for these prices w/buy it now and ^^^^^, but i have never seen an actual completed transaction with a winning bidder at that price. i mean i spent close to the same for the ex pred maquette, but that only increased 2x its orig price, so 4x the original price for the venom just makes me wonder why, especially seeing that the spidey one limited to 250 goes for a lot less. can someone explain the value difference b/w the spidey bust and the venom???

IMO simply the Venom is sooo much better. The extra "o's" can't clearly convey its superiority to the Spidey. Do a forum search and see if you can find a pic of them side by side--then you'll see

Interesting Point. Sounds like a conspiracy, so I'd dismiss that.

Most Marvel pieces have held or gained value, regardless of the company making them. Strictly speaking of Sideshow, most of their low edition size Marvel stuff is highly sought after--it's basic economics from there.

It's easy to dismiss, especially when you're the owner of one or several of these high profile pieces. :joy

I would say a good majority of SS pieces are highly sought after. That all changes once you have some type revision/version update of existing character pieces.

Hell, I remember when collectors were paying $400 for BD Cap. Now with the latest revision and faux statues it's hovering around $200.

check toytracker... the last two have gone for 1750 and 1500, so they're bringing pretty high numbers. i finally opened my seal venom and the thing is unbelievable, well worth the going rate if you're a big fan of the character

The biggest issue with your situation is that there is only one venom bust up for sale. I just checked completed listings. Another 1:1 venom bust was listed buy it now $1850.00 or best offer. It didnt sell. That was the only other example.

So I wouldnt assume it will rise in value. If every bust offered was selling at around $1800 id say jump on it now. In this case though I would wait it out. There is a new venom mini series coming out with Angel Medina doing the art in a few months. Maybe that will spur people into selling a few more (prob not but who knows). Just wait it out.

Venom came out before Spidey . . so in that time, most of the 300 run has found it's way to permanent homes . . .

Try finding the first one, The 1:1 Thing . . .

Spidey is only recently rising in value . . . upon release the market was flooded and you could actually get them under retail . . . now they are drying up and the price is starting to reflect that . . .

Yay for you. :banana

Problem is you're still selling it....right?

not after seeing that bish in person... if i didn't already have one, i'd jump on that one listed for 1800 in a hurry. hands down my favorite marvel piece.

btw, i had offers for 1650 and 1700, but i pulled the auction after i opened it and saw how awesome it was.

yah i think this is one of those pieces you would really kick yourself later for selling especially if you don't really need to part with it. it's just so impressive.

yah i think this is one of those pieces you would really kick yourself later for selling especially if you don't really need to part with it. it's just so impressive.

I sold mine. I don't regret it as much as I thought I would surprisingly. It was impressive but in my opinion the 1:1 T-800 bust trumps it in the cool factor. I think just because it's more realistic.

Back to my point, it's very cool but cooler things have and will come along so it's hard to be that regretful... or maybe I'm in denial now that I can't afford to buy it back. :rotfl:lol

I sold mine. I don't regret it as much as I thought I would surprisingly. It was impressive but in my opinion the 1:1 T-800 bust trumps it in the cool factor. I think just because it's more realistic.

Back to my point, it's very cool but cooler things have and will come along so it's hard to be that regretful... or maybe I'm in denial now that I can't afford to buy it back. :rotfl:lol

how much did u end up selling yurs for?

Back