Jason VIII finished sculpt...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarkArtist81

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok guys, finally finished the sculpt... one step down. Should have a finished proto done here soon as well. Just doing this as I am working on other stuff... But I am very happy with it. It's rough, but it should be...:D

DSCN4517.jpg

DSCN4518.jpg

DSCN4519.jpg

And thank you all so much, this has been a bunch of fun. I went ahead and painted this sculpt up, just for kicks... and it was only a few layers of paint to do for him anyway... You can see my fingerprints all over the place, but once I mold it... I will sand them down to get rid of that.

DSCN4520.jpg

DSCN4523.jpg

DSCN4524.jpg

DSCN4526.jpg

this is looking pretty awesome Josh !! :rock
You work so fast ! :rock
You make stuff too fast !!. :lol
Stop , I'm gonna be homeless soon !!.

When you do the mask, are you going to put some black fabric (like nylon stockings) behind the eye holes? They did that in the film so that the viewer would not see the actor's eyes when the mask was on.

While you definitely captured the look of Jason from this film, I simply cannot believe they allowed such a goofy, ridiculous-looking incarnation to have graced the screen. No wonder Jason left Paramount after Part VIII!

- J

When you do the mask, are you going to put some black fabric (like nylon stockings) behind the eye holes? They did that in the film so that the viewer would not see the actor's eyes when the mask was on.

While you definitely captured the look of Jason from this film, I simply cannot believe they allowed such a goofy, ridiculous-looking incarnation to have graced the screen. No wonder Jason left Paramount after Part VIII!

- J

:lol Yeah, it was such a goofy look for a Jason. And the WORST ending for any of them so far... just ridiculous.

And I am indeed gonna put some black fabric of some sort behind the eye holes, I was just trying to figure that out today. That has always been characteristic of the Jason VIII look, that you never see his eyes even if you are right up in his face or flashing a flashlight in his face. No eyes.

What did you decide to do about accessories for this guy? I know we had all discussed it before on your last thread when you did the ROY.

Well, I am still looking into it. Not a lot of stuff out there to buy... But I am going to rewatch the film and see what I can cook up. I remember the guitar and the harpoon gun, and some bare handed kills... I think there was a wrench kill as well, looking for something different than the machete but easy to score online...

Ok guys! Finished the mask. I found rings for the mask straps, used aluminum foil for the metal attach points on the mask. Straps are leather, but a bit thick... They still work fine though with some trimming. I could not find a metal square for the back of the mask, but I found big enough rings to use for it. Has the FVJ look now, still works perfectly fine. I figured I wouldn't find that part. The paint came out great, I had the CL Memories book and it helped a LOT in that dept. Had to get all the telltale scrapes on the mask...

Well, without further ado... here it is.

DSCN4534.jpg

DSCN4533.jpg

DSCN4532.jpg

DSCN4531.jpg

DSCN4529.jpg

Josh, you are just firing away on all cylinders these days!!! Just awesome work... I don't really care for the movie so I won't be getting one. But, this figure is just great looking so far.

Getting fired from that ^^^^ job was the best thing thats happened for custom figure collectors in a long time :rock

Thanks Joseph! It does seem that me losing that job has indeed been helpful. I am now free to catch up on not only these backlogged personal projects but for catching up on some very very delinquent commissions. I'm glad to be given that chance to do both of those things.. and I'm really happy to not be sweeping up popcorn all day. :lol

And I agree with you on Part VIII, it was one of the weakest in the series.

After I finish this project and get more time to work on personal stuff, I am going to make a few masks and see if I can make more accurate masks for the Jason figures. Especially Parts 3 and 4. Those two were nice, but off in many ways.

Back