Joe Con 2008 (June 26th - 29th)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think they are going. Its too close to SDCC and since they only have Snake Eyes to show off, its not logical to go. I'd expect to see Cobra Commander at SDCC though.

I don't think they'll have a huge booth there or anything, but I'd be flabbergasted if there wasn't something there from Sideshow, perhaps even another figure announcement.

I've been to 2 Joecons (Disney in '04 and Minnesota in '05) and it was a great, fun time. They sell lots of exclusive sets and I give credit to Master Collector as they put forth a fantastic effort for these Cons and the GI Joe Club.

Thursday is usually sign-in day if I can remember correctly. You sign in, get your exclusive set and it's done. Friday, you line-up, you can buy some of the more exclusive vehicles, yaddayadda...the doors finally open and usually everyone rushes to Hasbro's area (they have a pretty sizeable set-up) that shows off all the new Joe stuff. Sometimes they show stuff later as well during their Roundtable discussions.

I really doubt Sideshow will have anything there...especially if that is the only prototype Snake-Eyes. I believe that they may give Hasbro some info. (perhaps a sneak peek at a head mold or a list of character) to show off at their roundtable (cameras/video ARE NOT allowed during these) and maybe Hasbro will have a photo of the SE figure in their glass display cases.

HIsstank is killing it as far as coverage goes. They have a huge collection of pics and a ton of info.

Wicked!

Joecon_2008_Dealer_Room_0075.jpg

Joecon_2008_Dealer_Room_0093.jpg

Joecon_2008_Dealer_Room_0096.jpg

Joecon_2008_Dealer_Room_0082.jpg

Back