REd Ring of Death

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p!tu

Shiz-lakin-a-craka-lakin™
Reaction score
Yep!! i knew it was inevitable i just didnt know when!! and that days was today at 10:02am while playing it just turned off it was awesome!!!!!!

WEll I just pluged it back up to take a pic of the red rings and my sadface and it started working again!!! WTF!!!!!!! let see how long it lasts!

Hate to hear it P!tu. I hope you can take it back and get another without having to send it off.

You should check if it's the red ring of death, or just your AV cables messed up. They are 2 different types of rings, both red though.

Also, if your power company is having brown outs (power surges), this can also make your lights go red.

I have got the other Red ring a few times. I would just re-seat all the connections ad be good. I noticed after the first time that when I was getting this my UPS on my computer was clicking back and forth from battery and line

I had it happen after a quick power blip once, but all was fine after I rebooted it.

i got the red ring of death twice, the second was a day after i had recieved it back from the previous rrod repair........so that sucker's long gone (ebay).....no more 360 for me..........ps3 hasnt given me trouble as of yet!!!!!!!!

Apprently it have been found that it happens because Microsoft wanted to save $3/unit by getting a sub-standard graphics chip on the boards. Seeing as though they have spent million replacing units, worked out well for them................

Apprently it have been found that it happens because Microsoft wanted to save $3/unit by getting a sub-standard graphics chip on the boards. Seeing as though they have spent million replacing units, worked out well for them................

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Hopefully stays that way for u Pitu.I started having trouble a couple months ago with games and movies freezing at various times.It then moved onto being unable to even load up the initial xbox screen and now its got the dreaded red ring disease something not even u have managed to catch yet.:D

Just spoke to support somewhere in the states im guessing due to the accent and phone mannerisms(was quite funny actually)and im sure i sounded hilarious to them and now im waiting for instructions to be emailed to me.

Last edited:
So i got my supposed fixed 360 back after a week and within 5 minutes of turning it on it starts to have the same problem of freezing that i had previously before the RROD made an unwelcome guest appearance.

So i turn it off and back on and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the RROD is back or at least still there,did they even look at my 360 before sending it back.:( :banghead

Hey, you ARE the Redman. Stands to reason you attract the dreaded trilogy of blood...

Mine crapped out summer last year, got fixed and has so far been fine. But everytime I switch it on there's that lingering dread...

So i got my supposed fixed 360 back after a week and within 5 minutes of turning it on it starts to have the same problem of freezing that i had previously before the RROD made an unwelcome guest appearance.

So i turn it off and back on and NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO the RROD is back or at least still there,did they even look at my 360 before sending it back.:( :banghead

That blows! :monkey2

You got the same 360 back? Usually they ship a different refurbished unit. :huh

Thanks guys.I know so many people have had the same prob so shouldn't whinge to much just a bit frustrating.

Same serial no. but machine was noisier than before so most likely a diff xbox or they just changed the inside.

Strange thing was that they sent me an email saying 3-4 weeks for repair but i then got it back in a week.Oh well will give them a call today and go through the process again and i kept the box they sent it back in as i did have my suspicions.

Back